Is God Sending Republican Voters a Message?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really don't want to spend my whole day calling you out on your bigotry, but I will if I have to!!

You say that "Graham isn't as outrageous as some of the others"??? Do you even have a clue all that Franklin Graham's ministry Samaritan's Purse does to help MILLIONS of people around the world. Check out their website, for crying out loud!

Perhaps you're not aware that Samaritan's Purse set up a field hospital in Central Park to help those infected with COVID-19. Instead of thanking these healthcare workers, the silly mayor of New York TAXED them! When asked about the tax, Franklin graciously explained that donors covered it. He could have made a political statement about it, but he chose not to.

Samaritan's Purse has been on the ground with tents, hot meals, blankets, and other necessities in MANY disasters worldwide. They are often at these sites before governments have their people there. They have coordinated volunteers to help repair or rebuild homes. They have distributed millions of Christmas gifts to needy children around the world. Most of these children have NEVER received a gift in their lives, much less a box filled with goodies (including basic toiletry and school supplies) that most American children take for granted. They have drilled wells to give people clean water in places where women have to walk a mile or more every single day to get water that is contaminated with parasites.

Samaritan's Purse has provided many people in other countries a means to support themselves, meaning to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table.... I especially appreciate this last one because there was a time that I had a hard time doing this for me and my kids after my husband died. There's a lot more I could say about this, but suffice it to say that God was faithful and provided for us!

I could say A LOT more about all of this, but I really do have other things to do today.

I think that I can understand you frustration, Prayer Warrior. I think many can acknowledge the good that Franklin Graham as done. Many can praise him for what he did. Many other people can rightly suspect him, though, for his support of the President.

Many Christians do consider that it was blasphemy or near blasphemy when evangelical leaders went to the White House and "anointed" Trump as they did. For a lot of Christians, Christ is the only anointed one to whom we owe obedience. For us, we cannot accept giving the President unquestioning obedience in all his affairs and must question those who do.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you even read my post??? I'll tell you what, why don't ask the people worldwide who have the necessities of life because Samaritan's Purse helped them!
I read it and say so what. Islamic terrorists also run charities and do many fine things. They get the approval of people that way. They are getting something they want out of it. Drug smuggling rings do lots of charity too.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that I can understand you frustration, Prayer Warrior. I think many can acknowledge the good that Franklin Graham as done. Many can praise him for what he did. Many other people can rightly suspect him, though, for his support of the President.

Many Christians do consider that it was blasphemy or near blasphemy when evangelical leaders went to the White House and "anointed" Trump as they did. For a lot of Christians, Christ is the only anointed one to whom we owe obedience. For us, we cannot accept giving the President unquestioning obedience in all his affairs and must question those who do.

Franklin Graham, like his father before him, has met with many Presidents over the years--conservative and liberal alike!!!

So...you're saying if that someone supports Trump in any way, he should be suspect??? How narrow-minded of you!

Just because I support some of the President's policies, this doesn't mean that I believe in "giving the President unquestioning obedience in all his affairs...." I have said this many times, and I have criticized some of his policies.

As far as "many" Christians considering anointing POTUS and praying for him as blasphemy, I'm sure that you're exaggerating. I seriously doubt that most Christians have been polled about this. If they have, point me to the poll.

Reactions: Grailhunter

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read it and say so what. Islamic terrorists also run charities and do many fine things. They get the approval of people that way. They are getting something they want out of it. Drug smuggling rings do lots of charity too.
There's no reasoning with you where Trump is concerned. Some would call this "Trump Derangement Syndrome." I think you have it.

As far as your silly criticism of Franklin Graham, it's easy to sit in our nice cozy homes, where we have all the necessities and many of the luxuries of life, and criticize and mock those who are on the front lines, giving their lives to helping others! But your criticism sounds like a noisy gong to me!

Reactions: Grailhunter

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Franklin Graham, like his father before him, has met with many Presidents over the years--conservative and liberal alike!!!

So...you're saying if that someone supports Trump in any way, he should be suspect??? How narrow-minded of you!

Just because I support some of the President's policies, this doesn't mean that I believe in "giving the President unquestioning obedience in all his affairs...." I have said this many times, and I have criticized some of his policies.

As far as "many" Christians considering anointing POTUS and praying for him as blasphemy, I'm sure that you're exaggerating. I seriously doubt that most Christians have been polled about this. If they have, point me to the poll.

If you go onto YouTube, you should be able to find a video of that "anointing" of Trump. You will also find Trump praised on other videos as an "anointed" leader, another Cyrus for the people of God, and that we owe him unquestioning obedience. You will also find YouTube videos of other people scoffing at this.

For myself, I only accept Jesus as the "anointed" one that we must follow. Think of me as old fashioned, but I must do this. I think that it is unsafe to have "anointed" human leaders that we must follow without asking questions. I think that it is dangerous.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you go onto YouTube, you should be able to find a video of that "anointing" of Trump. You will also find Trump praised on other videos as an "anointed" leader, another Cyrus for the people of God, and that we owe him unquestioning obedience. You will also find YouTube videos of other people scoffing at this.

I don't have time to go on YouTube as you have suggested. I work to support my family, but I would like to see some PROOF from you that Christians are saying about Trump "that we owe him unquestioning obedience." If they are saying this, of course they are wrong! So....please, either put up or be quiet. (I think that telling people to shut up is rude, so I opted for other wording.)

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have time to go on YouTube as you have suggested. I work to support my family, but I would like to see some PROOF from you that Christians are saying about Trump "that we owe him unquestioning obedience." If they are saying this, of course they are wrong! So....please, either put up or be quiet. (I think that telling people to shut up is rude, so I opted for other wording.)

The proof is in those YouTube videos, Prayer Warrior. I ask that you check it out.

Don't you see what happens to people who question Trump or vote against their wishes? They either get fired from their posts or voted out of office during a primary. Trump demands a loyalty that cannot be questioned. The proof of that is all around us. One cannot dissent with Trump in his Administration without retribution.

A human cannot offer such loyalty to any human like that, but only to God. We have the right to question authority.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The proof is in those YouTube videos, Prayer Warrior. I ask that you check it out.

Don't you see what happens to people who question Trump or vote against their wishes? They either get fired from their posts or voted out of office during a primary. Trump demands a loyalty that cannot be questioned. The proof of that is all around us. One cannot dissent with Trump in his Administration without retribution.

A human cannot offer such loyalty to any human like that, but only to God. We have the right to question authority.

As usual, you're not offering ANY PROOF to your claims! At least, you could post a link to one of these alleged videos! All I'm asking for is PROOF! Otherwise, everything you're saying is just talk, and talk is cheap.

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm still learning the system in this forum, Prayer Warrior. The way videos are loaded on this forum are different. I'll get back with you on this. I'm currently having my attention occupied on another thread. I'm sorry for the delay. I think simply googling it would do.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm still learning the system in this forum, Prayer Warrior. The way videos are loaded on this forum are different. I'll get back with you on this. I'm currently having my attention occupied on another thread. I'm sorry for the delay. I think simply googling it would do.
I’ll help you out with this. It’s pretty easy to post a video from YouTube. Right click on the video on the YouTube site and click on “Copy Video URL.” Then right click where you want to post the video on the forum and click on "Paste." When you post your reply, the video should show up in your post.

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ll help you out with this. It’s pretty easy to post a video from YouTube. Right click on the video on the YouTube site and click on “Copy Video URL.” Then right click where you want to post the video on the forum and click on "Paste." When you post your reply, the video should show up in your post.

Thank you, Prayer Warrior. As soon as I'm free to do so, I'll hunt down some of those videos. It will be sometime later in the day given my attention is occupied dealing with other posters. Thanks for having patience with me and I apologize not having the information readily available. I thought Trump as an "anointed" one was common knowledge.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Again you are creating a FALSE NARRATIVE by saying "without retribution". When there are back-stabbers all around you, it is not retribution but plain prudence to get rid of them as fast as possible. You would have done the same, had you been in his shoes. And you have failed to examine what Obama did while he was in office.

As a general rule the President and Commander-in-Chief of the USA should expect and get total loyalty from those he has appointed to office, and who have sworn to uphold the Constitution and the laws of the land.

However, Donald Trump made MISTAKE AFTER MISTAKE in the people he appointed, and then eventually had to fire. He should have had a strong and perceptive individual as his Chief-if-Staff from day one, and he failed in that regard. That person should have thoroughly vetted absolutely everyone who was working in the White House, or was appointed or nominated by Trump. Since that did not happen he failed to have the right people in the right positions from day one, and he paid for it. Then he began a cycle of hirings and firings which made him look like a weak leader. In other words, Trump has been sabotaging himself almost as much as the Left has been sabotaging him.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have contempt for Trump and people like him; but I would not go so far as to show disrepect. I consider him a vile person and must feel contempt.

He became a Christian during his first term of office. And while there is a teaching that says that sanctification from that point is gradual, I believe that a general statement can be made about all of those who are born again:

2Co 5:17, Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Therefore the President is not a vile person, as you say; unless you want to identify every new creature in Christ as vile.

I suppose that a case can be made for that. Even Job, who was perfect and upright in Job 1:1, considered himself to be vile when he came into his encounter with the Lord (Job 40:4 (kjv)).

Job 40:4, Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth.

But when we point the finger at others, calling them "vile" we very likely have three fingers pointing back at us (see Matthew 7:1-5).

My guess is "ruler" means your tribal leader, but I don't know. What is certain is that it doesn't mean a king.

That is not certain; in fact the opposite is certain. A President or king is a ruler of the people; and therefore, when it says, "Thou shalt not speak evil of a ruler of your people," it is referring to anyone who bears rule in the land. But I suppose that you will continue to disagree because you want to justify your own behaviour.

If coronavirus makes a comeback in states that reopened while the cases were still rising, Trump will be blamed for pressuring them.

But what can also be blamed is the fact that in these protests that have happened recently, social distancing guidelines have not been followed.

It would have been more sensible for him to say while he has certain wishes, it's up to the governors what happens in their states.

What news channel are you following? That is exactly what he did.

I understand his desire to get the economy moving again, but he should realize he's not a dictator.

I don't think that Trump considers himself to be a dictator. He did in fact give the governors of states the leeway to do as they desired when it comes to reopening their respective states.

Do you know what salary he draws from that charity? Do you know what his salary from the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association is?

Now I don't know what salary he draws from BGEA; but if it be large, is that necessarily a bad thing? Should ministers have to live lives that are less financially blessed than their counterparts in other job positions of similar responsibility?

Should we muzzle the ox that is treading out the grain?

Take your time in providing the link.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no reasoning with you where Trump is concerned. Some would call this "Trump Derangement Syndrome." I think you have it.
Why do you bother with me then? You enjoy labeling me?

As far as your silly criticism of Franklin Graham, it's easy to sit in our nice cozy homes, where we have all the necessities and many of the luxuries of life, and criticize and mock those who are on the front lines, giving their lives to helping others! But your criticism sounds like a noisy gong to me!
I don't have a grand house, I don't make one tenth of what he makes -- and what does he do for a living? He talks. "Here, I say nice things -- give me your money and I'll do good things with it." And he rakes in the bucks -- enough to do a lot of good but enough too to get rich. I am usually suspicious of people who talk for a living: Politicians, lawyers, and mininsters.

You don't seem to realize how some bad people polish their image with charity. You ignored my other examples of how people do it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It just goes to show that men will speak all kinds of evil against you falsely if you follow the Lord Jesus.

If Franklin Graham receives a financial blessing for what he does, more power to him! "You shall not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the grain." and "the labourer is worthy of his reward." (see 1 Timothy 5:18, 1 Corinthians 9:1-14).

Last edited:
Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again you are creating a FALSE NARRATIVE by saying "without retribution". When there are back-stabbers all around you, it is not retribution but plain prudence to get rid of them as fast as possible. You would have done the same, had you been in his shoes. And you have failed to examine what Obama did while he was in office.

As a general rule the President and Commander-in-Chief of the USA should expect and get total loyalty from those he has appointed to office, and who have sworn to uphold the Constitution and the laws of the land.

However, Donald Trump made MISTAKE AFTER MISTAKE in the people he appointed, and then eventually had to fire. He should have had a strong and perceptive individual as his Chief-if-Staff from day one, and he failed in that regard. That person should have thoroughly vetted absolutely everyone who was working in the White House, or was appointed or nominated by Trump. Since that did not happen he failed to have the right people in the right positions from day one, and he paid for it. Then he began a cycle of hirings and firings which made him look like a weak leader. In other words, Trump has been sabotaging himself almost as much as the Left has been sabotaging him.
So he's a bad judge of charaacter. What else is new? People should have known that when they found out he'd been married three times.

He should expect loyalty to the country and to the Constitution. He expects blind obedience and devotion to himself. If someone takes a principled stand against him, he's furious and feels betrayed. So he hires two types: Incompetent buffoons who praise him but mess up big time, and good people who don't last long.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So he's a bad judge of charaacter. What else is new? People should have known that when they found out he'd been married three times.

He should expect loyalty to the country and to the Constitution. He expects blind obedience and devotion to himself. If someone takes a principled stand against him, he's furious and feels betrayed. So he hires two types: Incompetent buffoons who praise him but mess up big time, and good people who don't last long.
But I'm certain that there are incompetent buffoons who don't praise him as well as good people who do and who will last long.

I believe that it was John Quincy Adams who made the mistake of placing in his cabinet people who had differing views than what would be conducive to accomplishing things as a unified group in the White House. He did not get very much accomplished in his term(s).

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you bother with me then? You enjoy labeling me?

I don't have a grand house, I don't make one tenth of what he makes -- and what does he do for a living? He talks. "Here, I say nice things -- give me your money and I'll do good things with it." And he rakes in the bucks -- enough to do a lot of good but enough too to get rich. I am usually suspicious of people who talk for a living: Politicians, lawyers, and mininsters.

You don't seem to realize how some bad people polish their image with charity. You ignored my other examples of how people do it.
What can I say?? I don't think I label you as much as you label conservatives. You seem to have a vendetta against us.

The Holy Spirit constantly presses me not to judge others because I never know where a person is coming from or what they have been through. Just like most on here have no idea all that my family has been through, and I'm glad we've been through it because it's made me more compassionate to others.

But for you to say such judgmental, malicious things about a faithful servant of God as Franklin Graham boggles my mind. If you think that God frowns on his income being so high, then pray that he will feel the conviction of the Holy Spirit and repent.

Let's look at the facts. Close to 90% of Samaritan's Purse's revenues go to its programs for helping people. A little over 7% goes to fundraising and just under 5% goes to administration.

Here's a blurb about their mission:

Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. Emergency relief meets desperate needs of victims worldwide. Operation Christmas Child delivers more than 10 million shoebox gifts to poor children in more than 100 countries each year. World Medical Mission sends doctors, equipment, and supplies to underprivileged countries. Community development and vocational programs in impoverished villages and neighborhoods help people break the cycle of poverty and give them hope for a better tomorrow. Vulnerable children are rescued, educated, fed, clothed, and sheltered, letting them know that God loves them, Jesus died and rose again for them, and they are not forgotten.
.​