Is Homosexuality And Christianity, Orthodox And Compatible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But...I am the wrong one to answer here, as I am in the minority in believing that King Saul will be in the Kingdom just as Judas will be...and that does not go over very well with the traditional Christians.

I don't see how anyone can judge as to whether or not Solomon will be in the kingdom or not. I know that we have some that we can say will not be in the kingdom but I honestly can't say about King Solomon.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't see how anyone can judge as to whether or not Solomon will be in the kingdom or not. I know that we have some that we can say will not be in the kingdom but I honestly can't say about King Solomon.

I was saying about King Saul, not Solomon. Also I am not sure about Judas.
99% of Christians write him off...I can't.
I wouldn't dare to say who won't be in the Kingdom. o_O
I'm sure God has some surprises up His sleeve!! :)

Reactions: amadeus

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sin of Judas Iscariot was unforgivable. His betrayal of Jesus was the willful, deliberate culmination of a course of hypocrisy and dishonesty. For instance, when Judas saw Mary anoint Jesus with costly oil, he asked: “Why was it this perfumed oil was not sold for three hundred denarii and given to the poor people?”Judas said this, though, not because he was concerned about the poor, but because he was a thief and had the money box and used to carry off the monies put in it.” Soon thereafter, Judas betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of silver. (John 12:1-6; Matthew 26:6-16) True, Judas felt remorse and committed suicide. (Matthew 27:1-5) But he was not forgiven, since his deliberate, persistently selfish course and his treacherous act reflected his sin against the holy spirit. How appropriate that Jesus should call Judas “the son of destruction”!—John 17:12; Mark 3:29;14:21.

The people who were destroyed in the flood and those people who were destroyed at Sodom and Gommorah God judged not worthy of life, so since God judged them not worthy of life it's reasonable they will not be forgiven.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Also I am not sure about Judas. 99% of Christians write him off...I can't. I wouldn't dare to say who won't be in the Kingdom
Well since the Bible makes it crystal clear that Judas won't be in the Kingdom of God, why do you doubt Scripture? How can "the Son of Perdition" -- a devil who "went to his own place" -- be in the Kingdom of God?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Haha! We will see Enoch. I believe that it says - "let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
For our God is a consuming fire.
"

Prov 17:3 - "The fining pot [is] for silver, and the furnace for gold: but the LORD trieth the hearts."
Zech 13-9 " And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It [is] my people: and they shall say, The LORD [is] my God."

You do not know....

If we are wise...as Paul was...and we are called to be so...
1 Cor 4 4-5
"For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God
."

I read so much on this Site by people saying " The Lord will do this, and the Lord will do that .." ( more so since TheHolyBookEnds has brought all the SDA out of the woodpile) ...

Yet man know nothing...man speaks as if he is God himself...yet only God will judge the hearts.

We need to take care ..

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But...I am the wrong one to answer here, as I am in the minority in believing that King Saul will be in the Kingdom just as Judas will be...and that does not go over very well with the traditional Christians.

Not sure if this was answered at some time in this thread, but Judas was never a believer. FYI

John 6:64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. 65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father. 66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. 67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? 68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. 69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God. 70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil? 71 He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.

Yeah, I know. Jesus had given the Holy Spirit to Judas Iscariot in Matthew 10th chapter, but he still wasn't a believer. Jesus mentioned this prophesy in His prayer to the Father below before He was arrested.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. 12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. 13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

I am not sure about King Saul, but it doesn't look good for Judas Iscariot to be there in Heaven because he was never a believer.

What Jesus had given His disciples including Judas Iscariot was a temporary infilling of the Holy Ghost. Jesus did it again in giving some of His disciples, except Thomas, another temporary infilling of the Holy Ghost.

But the promise spoken of Him in John 14th chapter of the permanent indwelling Holy Ghost that was to come at their salvation as He as said about the born again experience in John 3rd chapter was when He was no longer physically present with them, but had gone to God the Father above.

John 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also....6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.....16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.....25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. 9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?..........12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? 13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

John 7:8 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

When was Jesus glorified? After His resurrection and ascension to the Father as it was after that moment when the Father sends the promise to all those that believe in Him were to be saved as in born again as citizens of Heaven being translated into the kingdom of His Son.

So the disciples were not officially saved until Pentecost when they had received the promise of the Spirit by faith in Jesus Christ. They did not receive the Holy Spirit any more after that when they ans we were promised that He would abide in us for ever since our salvation so we can bear witness of the Good News with the Holy Spirit's witness in us that Jesus Christ is the Saviour because He has saved us for why He is the Good News to man.