Is Homosexuality And Christianity, Orthodox And Compatible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I am not in error Truth7t7. I am correct. I always try to mention that we should study objectively. Your post reveals that you have not.
The OP asks if homosexuality and Christianity are compatible and orthodox. I maintain that ancient history shows that the early church thought so.
One cannot appeal to Romans 1 to back their anti lgbt feelings. It does not address the issue. What Romans 1 addresses is what Plato wrote concerning lust, not attraction. They are different elements. Lust is not attraction. Plato wrote (in short) that attraction could be eliminated by removing the attraction. That a person will still be filled with lust even though what the person lusted after is removed. (Think money).
For so long we have been mistaught that Romans 1 teaches that 'against nature's was a sin from that passage. It actually is not. Any kind of birth control (condoms, pill) is also 'against nature' but just as in Romans 1 it isn't the sin, lust is.
God And His Word's Are Anti LGBT Homosexuality, Anti Fornication, And Anti Adultery.

Plato and his vain philosophy of man has no bearing on truth, God's word's are the guiding light to life and eternal salvation.

Your belief is in error of biblical truth, God's word openly condemns male and female homosexuality.

You can try to bend and twist the words below, Spirit Filled believers aren't ignorant of it's truth.

"And Likewise Also"

They Both, Male & Female Burned In Lust Of The Same Sex.

Romans 1:24-32KJV
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Coffee2018

Jun 5, 2018
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You write 'burned in lust of the same sex' when the scripture says they 'burned in their heart' and later 'toward' one another.
Try as many might, they won't find a weapon in Romans 1 to use against the lgbt community.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You write 'burned in lust of the same sex' when the scripture says they 'burned in their heart' and later 'toward' one another.
Try as many might, they won't find a weapon in Romans 1 to use against the lgbt community.
The Homosexual Men Of Sodom Wanted The Male Angels, The Were Examples To Manking And God's Voice Concerning Homosexuality!

God does not have rainbow flag churches, with practicing homosexuals in leadership.

"Wolves In Sheep's Clothing"

2 Peter 2:6KJV
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

Genesis 19:1-13KJV
19 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;
2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.
3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.
4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:
5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him,
Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,
7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.
8 Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.
9 And they said, Stand back. And they said again, This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs be a judge: now will we deal worse with thee, than with them. And they pressed sore upon the man, even Lot, and came near to break the door.
10 But the men put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door.
11 And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied themselves to find the door.
12 And the men said unto Lot, Hast thou here any besides? son in law, and thy sons, and thy daughters, and whatsoever thou hast in the city, bring them out of this place:
13 For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the Lord; and the Lord hath sent us to destroy it.

Last edited:

Coffee2018

Jun 5, 2018
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OP asks if homosexuality is compatible with Christianity and orthodox. The answer is yes.
There are no weapons in the Bible to use against the lgbt.
The Bible story of the destruction of that area of the Middle East has been found to be just that. A story. Yes, that area was destroyed, but by a giant asteroid in approx. 3400 B.C. That is about 1400 years before Abraham was even born. We found out by finally being able to decipher the Sumerian Disc (Star Map).
This sheads light on the Kathleen Keenan work years ago on the Jericho excavation. She was puzzled about Jericho being burned long before the Israelite invasion.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course.
But compassion does not mean the lifestyle is ok.
Compassion is giving them the Gospel and all that's connected with it.

I Totally Agree!!!! If I agree to that form of Lifestyle, then I am Guilty of Saying it is Ok, and then I am Guilty of perpetuating that Abomination!
SOOOOO that every one understands I do Not Condone this, but I do not Hate those that are involved in that lifestyle, THEY ARE SOUL'S, that need Compassion and Prayer.
I know these people, and they do not deserve to be beaten down any further, they need to be instructed in the Truth, and if they refuse to hear, THEN let God and Savior Judge them. What happened to Love, love them enough to Pray for them and try to instruct them, and then let God deal with them. If you care about anyone, any Soul, then you Pray for their understanding!
I will say this one thing--- what is the greatest sin--- 1 Adultery, 2- Lying- 3- Murder. 4- Covetousness, 5- False Witness, 6- Homosexuality!! which one carry's the Greater punishment??

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OP asks if homosexuality is compatible with Christianity and orthodox. The answer is yes.
The Bible story of the destruction of that area of the Middle East has been found to be just that. A story. Yes, that area was destroyed, but by a giant asteroid in approx. 3400 B.C. That is about 1400 years before Abraham was even born. We found out by finally being able to decipher the Sumerian Disc (Star Map).
This sheads light on the Kathleen Keenan work years ago on the Jericho excavation. She was puzzled about Jericho being burned long before the Israelite invasion.
Homosexuality is not compatible with christianity.

Homosexuality, Fornication, is Sexual Immoral sin and is Not Compatible With Christianity.

Reactions: Triumph1300

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I will say this one thing--- what is the greatest sin--- 1 Adultery, 2- Lying- 3- Murder. 4- Covetousness, 4- False Witness, 5- Homosexuality!! which one carry's the Greater punishment??

Sin is sin

Anytime somebody brings up other sins besides homosexuality it almost looks like they are excusing homosexuality.

That's just how it comes over to me.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But...I am the wrong one to answer here, as I am in the minority in believing that King Saul will be in the Kingdom just as Judas will be...and that does not go over very well with the traditional Christians.
You might as well include all the monsters who have brought grief to millions (including MS-13).

It means you have a strange view of what the Kingdom of God means. But Scripture makes it very clear (1 Cor 6:9,10):

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is sin

Anytime somebody brings up other sins besides homosexuality it almost looks like they are excusing homosexuality. That's just how it comes over to me.

Growing up I live under Great fear of my dad, and I always thought that I had it bad, until I witnessed other's that had it worse, and from that time on I was able to see where Compassion was needed, long before I excepted the Gift of our Savior, "Salvation" We live in a world of Evil, but we can not turn our back's on even those that walk not in the Grace of Our Savior! God gave Me a Heart long before He drew me to the Gift, you know the free Gift of His Sacrifice, so that We can now serve Him. and in serving Him I have to have His Heart, even Our Savior wept for those that did not except Him, God forgive them, [for lack of understanding] for what they do!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is sin

Anytime somebody brings up other sins besides homosexuality it almost looks like they are excusing homosexuality.

BUT which is the Greater Sin, I am not trying to excuse any of them, Which is the worse??
YES SIN IS SIN.
I thought that I had made it clear that I do not Condone that form of lifestyle in my last statement.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sin is sin

This is a bit of a contradiction!! LOL

You first say1) "Sin is Sin". 2) Then you go on to say..."anyone who bring up "other sins" is trying to excuse homosexuality!!!o_O

So which is it?
Is all sin sin.?
Or is homosexuality greater than murder, theft, adultery ??
You can't have it both ways. :)
Pick one

Reactions: Truth

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you know that Sodom has been found just out side of Israel, and that there is un-surmountable evidence that there was a Sodom and that there is evidence of the structure's burned with Brimstone. The new testament declares that it is an en sample, a visual place, that we can see! not an example, and they have rediscovered Sodom, a place we can see. where there is nothing but salt, and ashes and nothing grow's there! and this site is covered with Brimstone, chunk's of sulfur that if you touch a match to will burn so Hot that it will melt stainless steal, it is a Tourist attraction in the Land of Israel today, they have also discovered Gom-or'rah, Ad'mah, and Zebo'iim all with chunk's of Brimstone over the area, God is revealing what the world has said did not exist, Many have looked for proof of Biblical record's, but they never used the records to find them, they looked everywhere the Bible did not record.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
By Grace, you miss understood me...I mentioned what others are saying by bringing up the other sins.
(Not my opinion.)

Look at it this way.
If being a liar would be as bad as homosexuality a whole bunch of other towns would have been destroyed, not just Sodom and Gommorah.

So which is it?

Is all sin sin.?

Yes, all sin is sin.

Last edited:

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a bit of a contradiction!! LOL

You first say1) "Sin is Sin". 2) Then you go on to say..."anyone who bring up "other sins" is trying to excuse homosexuality!!!o_O

So which is it?
Is all sin sin.?
Or is homosexuality greater than murder, theft, adultery ??
You can't have it both ways. :)
Pick one

THANK YOU----!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES SIN IS SIN

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I am not in error Truth7t7. I am correct. I always try to mention that we should study objectively. Your post reveals that you have not.
The OP asks if homosexuality and Christianity are compatible and orthodox. I maintain that ancient history shows that the early church thought so.
One cannot appeal to Romans 1 to back their anti lgbt feelings. It does not address the issue. What Romans 1 addresses is what Plato wrote concerning lust, not attraction. They are different elements. Lust is not attraction. Plato wrote (in short) that attraction could be eliminated by removing the attraction. That a person will still be filled with lust even though what the person lusted after is removed. (Think money).
For so long we have been mistaught that Romans 1 teaches that 'against nature's was a sin from that passage. It actually is not. Any kind of birth control (condoms, pill) is also 'against nature' but just as in Romans 1 it isn't the sin, lust is.
Is this teaching from the Universalism church doctrine? Please don't insult God with this complete and total false doctrine about His Word....Are you aware of why God is very adamant about teaching us to avoid lusts and fornication, adultery, sexual immorality? Spiritual soul ties...you become as one flesh.....so if someone is out there fornicating with someone different every weekend then they are becoming very bound up in ties to many souls and some aren't so nice....demonic in fact. Homosexuality is a strong demonic spirit that places strongholds on people and they become bound to the lust of their flesh or desires being deceived into believing this is something they were born with....go read some testimonies of many who have been delivered and set free of homosexual desires.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BUT which is the Greater Sin, I am not trying to excuse any of them, Which is the worse??
YES SIN IS SIN.
I thought that I had made it clear that I do not Condone that form of lifestyle in my last statement.
That's the worst

Matthew 12:31KJV
Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mentioned what others are saying by bringing up the other sins.
(Not my opinion.)

Look at it this way.
If being a liar would be as bad as homosexuality a whole bunch of other towns would have been destroyed, not just Sodom and Gommorah.

Yes, all sin is sin.

I understand, Sodom was a place where it was so bad that the Cry of those that had been Defiled was Greater than any where else, that is why God said that He had heard their Cry, people would come there to do business and they were Mercifully, Defiled and then probably killed!!! SICK!! I understand, And you said that Sin is Sin and you are right, for there is But One Unforgivable Sin, And that is attribute Evil to the [ Holy Spirit] Which would be to Blaspheme the Holy Spirit!