Is it a sin for a Christian to vote for a Democrat?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep thinking the Supreme Court can fix this. It can't. You could have nine Catholics on the Supreme Court and they still couldn't fix it. I repeat: If Roe v. Wade was overturned, all it would mean is that matter would revert to the states the way it was years ago. You would need a constitutional amendment to ban it nationally. It is all a lot of hot air. Ronald Reagan talked about an amendment to the constitution banning abortion. He never even tried to get it through Congress.

I am not even sure if he really was anti-abortion. He signed a very liberal law when he was governor of California. Then when he wanted to run for President, he changed his position and got the endorsement of religious folks. Sounds like Trump, doesn't it?

Reagan’s Darkest Hour | National Review

As president, Ronald Reagan was an unflagging champion of unborn human life. “Today there is a wound in our national conscience,” Reagan told a joint session of Congress in his 1986 State of the Union. “America will never be whole as long as the right to life granted by our Creator is denied to the unborn.”

But honest discussions of Reagan’s record on the abortion issue admit that as California governor he signed into law a liberalization of abortion that led to an explosion of abortions in the nation’s largest state. Reagan critics and supporters alike recognize this fact — one that is particularly tough to swallow for staunch pro-lifers. The full story, however, is more complicated — and worth setting straight now, 35 years after Roe v. Wade.

On June 14, 1967, Ronald Reagan signed the Therapeutic Abortion Act, after only six months as California governor. From a total of 518 legal abortions in California in 1967, the number of abortions would soar to an annual average of 100,000 in the remaining years of Reagan’s two terms — more abortions than in any U.S. state prior to the advent of Roe v. Wade. Reagan’s signing of the abortion bill was an ironic beginning for a man often seen as the modern father of the pro-life movement. How did this happen?

And Republicans have continued to play the "Moral Majority" like a fiddle ever since. Falwell Sr helped Reagan win, and Falwell Jr helped Trump win. All you have to do to get the evangelical vote is tell them you're against abortion. If you were for it before, say you changed your mind.

Wake up and smell the coffee. If anyone is going to solve this problem, it will be our churches. Our churches are in such ruins now that some people think our public schools should teach children how to pray.
This is why I won’t be voting this year.. I’ve come to realize that voting for either party would be aligning myself with evil. People need to wake up to the fact that government composed of men will never solve ungodly issues.

we have a King.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why I won’t be voting this year.. I’ve come to realize that voting for either party would be aligning myself with evil. People need to wake up to the fact that government composed of men will never solve ungodly issues.

we have a King.

I thought about not voting too, but then I considered how important this election is to vote Trump out. I know a few Independents like myself (and some Never Trump Republicans) who weren’t going to vote, but they changed their mind because they want to see Trump defeated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Giuliano

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought about not voting too, but then I considered how important this election is to vote Trump out. I know quite a few Independents like myself (and some Never Trump Republicans) who weren’t going to vote, but they changed their mind because they want to see Trump defeated and removed from office.
Well, I’d say to that be prepared to receive your king.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

we have a King.
I tend to vote for the person less given to anger and accusations. I figure there are two types of people generally: Those who try to gather together and those who scatter. I vote for the person I think is more of a unifier than a divider. I was hard pressed in 2016, that's for sure.

Reactions: Seven of Nine

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I tend to vote for the person less given to anger and accusations. I figure there are two types of people generally: Those who try to gather together and those who scatter. I vote for the person I think is more of a unifier than a divider. I was hard pressed in 2016, that's for sure.

In saying that, it probably would have been good for Michelle Obama to run in this election.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of Trump supporters remind me of drones because they all parrot the same talking points about Trump and they parrot the same rhetoric of how wonderful they think he is. I also think many of them border on idolatry when it concerns Trump too. I doubt either one of us would be surprised if he told his supporters to jump during one of his rallies and they all asked him in unison, “How high?!”
Yes, and then there are the jargon and catch phrases.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I was too and that’s why I voted Third Party and I was distraught that I couldn’t vote Republican. I couldn’t convince myself to vote for Trump. My conscience wouldn’t let me hold my nose and vote for him. I also knew if I had succumb that I wouldn’t have voted for the lesser of two evils.

Last edited:
Reactions: Giuliano

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone suggested she run. She said no way. Have you see photos of her recently? She looks so much happier now that she's out of the White House.

I don’t blame her for saying no. I imagine there will be a few Republicans who would attack her and her husband for the color of their skin like some did when she was the First Lady. She was called an "ape in heels" and her husband was repeatedly compared to a monkey. Shameful.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unified too what?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As to you question about where the aborted babies go,,,, No one contrary to worldly Christian views, spills from the womb receiving the breath of God.

and He breathed on them saying receive the Holy Ghost.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unified too what?
Each other so we don't feel so much like a nation divided against itself.

If Biden becomes President, I hope he restarts having the get togethers for families of Congress. Members would take their spouses and kids. Republicans and Democrats would talk about things other than politics. They saw each other as people more instead of enemies. The wives of Congressmen helped a lot too because the wife of a Democrat might meet the wife of a Republican and they became friends and started visiting each other. Yes, Congress still had political differences but they also knew how to "get together" and forget the differences, treating each other with courtesy and even friendship.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To many little doodlers out there lookin for a place to doodle, having no respect for self life or God. This pit needs more Godly men instructing there children in righteousness. More governing fools is not the answer.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a choice between dark and light and you would choose dark over light because it unifies people?

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

we have a King.
Why vote for a party? Vote for the person. And if one person is fighting corruption, then doesn't this explain the divisiveness? Don't vote your emotion; think logically.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why vote for a party? Vote for the person. And if one person is fighting corruption, then doesn't this explain the divisiveness? Don't vote your emotion; think logically.
I guess if I were to follow this advise I would have to look at the individuals children and see what kind of a father he was, was he capable of even leading his own children, did he rule his own house well?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a choice between dark and light and you would choose dark over light because it unifies people?
Love is the tie that binds. You have that backwards. Hate divides. Love unites.

There is no unity in darkness when men behave like brute beasts, each out to serve himself.

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.