Is it a sin to have any important things in your Heart??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
Hi Friends Siblings in Christ, It is my honor to ask this question here where personalities collide. I dont know where to start so I will Just give you a story

My Childhood is EXTREMELY Important to me, The TV Shows and music from my childhood, The games I played, My household, and everything about the late 90s and early 2000s. God Knows us better than we know ourselves, So Since He knows how important and dear to my heart it is, Is this sinful to have anything important to you??

I know that Jesus is the most important one we need in our hearts, But Can I have anything in my heart that Is from my childhood? Will I remember all these memories in Heaven?

Thanks

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
There's nothing wrong with fond memories. We learn and live from our past experiences, we can't erase them, nor does God expect us to. JMO

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
Dan57 said:
There's nothing wrong with fond memories. We learn and live from our past experiences, we can't erase them, nor does God expect us to. JMO
Yeah I mean I figured if God Knows us alot, He would understand the reasoning for importance. I dont think My real life started when I became Christian, I think my childhood was an important part of my life right.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
We aren't liberals (mind numbed robots that think history only starts the year they are born). If God had wanted us to forget all our cares when saved He would have turned us all into goldfish.

However, there is that line between remembering the past and living in the past. The latter is not sin persay but can demonstrate a reluctance to trust the Lord whole heartedly.