Is it good to know about the dark?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

judd

Apr 2, 2010
Nigeria
Is it good to know about the dark? Someone gave his life to Christ recently and he told me about his past wickedness. He said he was once a wizard and also told me how he was initiated into witchcraft.

Is it ok if I ask him more about the dark world?

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
As Christians we have to know what we are up against and we have to understand the ways of our enemy.

If you ask him about his dark past then remember that the powers of darkness are as nothing compared to the pwoer of Jesus Chrsit, so do not fear what he tells you but teat it in your mind with the contempt it deserves. Magic is a detestable practice. I too know someone very much liek the man you desribe and he seemed like a nice enough guy as he spoke very openly about dark magic, which put a shiver down my spine. Back then I wasn't as strong in faith as I am now and some of it made me feel very uneasy.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Is it good to know about the dark? Someone gave his life to Christ recently and he told me about his past wickedness. He said he was once a wizard and also told me how he was initiated into witchcraft.

Hi Judd!

If you feel that you are called to minister in this area then learning about it may benefit to that end. A word of warning though...If you are not called into this area...my suggestion is that you stay clear of it. :huh:

Be blessed!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
If someone wants to talk about it... or they feel the need to confess... but I wouldn't initiate it... some times it's best to run as far away as you can and not look back the way Lot did...

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, if you decide to do so, you will find out how empty and reliant on self- efficacy it really is. Frankly, messing around with the occult is sort of like kids pretending they are grown up compared to really engaging in spirituality with God.

timf

Jan 1, 2011

You should be extra cautious with new Christians. They have yet to establish a firm foundation. This is why the Bible tells us that church leaders should not be new Christians.

Your curiosity might be satisfied at the expense of helping a new Christian see his past as not something shameful, but as something he can wield to garner attention and by which he can entertain others.

The occult world is not monolithic. This is because it exists to deceive and deception is shaped to whatever form is required. You may want to suggest to your friend that he read the Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. This can help him understand some of the broader schemes of Satan and see his past as just one among many deceptions.

Frank Peretti has written some fictional stories that bring home the dangers of these activities and the importance of prayer. Kurt Koch has written some books detailing the factual problems and dangers associated with the occult.

It is important to not overly focus on darkness. We should "keep our eyes upon Jesus".

LightofChrist111

Apr 9, 2011
The topic is more complex than you understand it to be, being aware of darkness is good but there is certain lines which if crossed you must spend time in Hades until the judgment. One such line which you wont be forgiven is Murder and Suicide these two are a Sin against the spirit and require time in Hades to make payment. The practices one does if one does harm to another they will be held accountable and will even if repent for it have to experience woes for a time but after can then possibility enter heaven. Know this now the path to heaven is straight and narrow and it is not easy to get in. But the path to hell is wide and curved and is easy to get in. To truly enter Heaven one must live as Christ showed this example he has given mankind is the only true way to enter into the kingdom of heaven. Mankind are but babies looking for adoption which shall people choose the Devil or God it will be decided soon the tribulation is that time of choosing. Don't let afflictions which may befall you soon change you to the curved and wide path, this path is those of other religions and those who don't believe.I am not saying that Christianity as it is today is correct many variations are incorrect and it is recommended in prayer you seek answers with humility and a empty cup. For heed this warning do not condemn another or you shall be condemned yourself for it is written Judge not lest ye be judged, by the measure that ye measure so shall ye too be measured. This means that those who judge others will have no excuse themselves in the judgment, it is not for you to judge for that is only for the Lord.

judd

Apr 2, 2010
Nigeria
Lord Jesus Christ help me! Am so confused! Well, Jesus Christ is my Lord and saviour but God please help me, I am a sinner, please Jesus Christ make me what you want me to be In Jesus Christ name I pray, Amen.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Lord Jesus Christ help me! Am so confused! Well, Jesus Christ is my Lord and saviour but God please help me, I am a sinner, please Jesus Christ make me what you want me to be In Jesus Christ name I pray, Amen.

Honey, read your word....:) and trust in what it says.

The bible says "[sup]5[/sup] Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
[sup]6[/sup] in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. [Prov 3:4-6]

The word of God teaches us his character so that when these type of questions arise in our hearts, you will know the answers...[ it is in his word and will be written in your heart as you continue to read and study]

Psalm 62:8
Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.

The word of God teaches us how to walk and live as children of God.The Holy Spirit confirms in our hearts what is true and what is a lie. The Holy Spirit convicts us and helps us to be more like Jesus through our daily living....:)

I have been in the counseling and deliverance ministry [casting out demons] for more than 20 years. It is an area of ministry that one must be called because of the various types of demonic influences involved there. This specific ministry is to set people free through the power and anointing of the Holy Spirit...that is all. Please do not be curious about these things because those involved in these areas [forbidden by God - Deut 18:10] are on the road that leads to death. Stay on the path that leads to life...dear brother.

Be Blessed!

judd

Apr 2, 2010
Nigeria
Thanks sis but how do I submit to God in all my ways? Is it by obeying the ten commandments? or by believing in Jesus Christ only?

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Thanks sis but how do I submit to God in all my ways? Is it by obeying the ten commandments? or by believing in Jesus Christ only?

Hey Judd! It can be so hard to be discerning sometimes, can't it?! The only sound advice we can really give is this: pray...pray like crazy, and read your bible!
I find the more I immerse myself in the scriptures, in what Jesus and His disciples through the Spirit tell us, the more the things of this world feel wrong. Of course black magic is wrong, but the more you bring Jesus into your life, and rely on the guiding and convicting of the Holy Spirit, the more you will be able to discern if what you're doing is ultimately good for you and others, or just plain destructive.
Ask yourself, and God, if your interest in this area stems from a genuine desire to help others, or if you are drawn towards it in sinful fascination.
Pray, read, and pray some more! Our loving father will guide you, trust Him!!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi dear brother!

Thanks sis but how do I submit to God in all my ways? Is it by obeying the ten commandments? or by believing in Jesus Christ only

As we read the word, we will begin to understand what God requires of us. When we become new believers, we are saved through believing by Faith, that Jesus died on our behalf...we did nothing to earn it. [Ephesians 2: 8-10] We only need to believe...[John 1:11-13]

Romans 10
[sup]8[/sup] But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”[sup] [/sup](that is, the word of faith which we preach): [sup]9[/sup] that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. [sup]10[/sup] For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. [sup]11[/sup] For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” [sup]12[/sup] For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. [sup]13[/sup] For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”

The bible says that the Holy Spirit comes to dwell with those who believe in Jesus by faith and the work he did on the cross.

Ephesians 1
[sup]13[/sup] In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, [sup]14[/sup] who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

The requirements of the law [the Ten commandments] can now be fulfilled in us, who walk according to the Holy Spirit who dwells in those who believe by faith.

Romans 8
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

When we read his word and continue to grow, with the help of the HS, we begin to understand how we are to walk and live so that we can be equipped to do his will.

John 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

2 Timothy 3
[sup]16[/sup] All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, [sup]17[/sup] that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

I hope this helps honey ...:)

Be Blessed!

Reactions: Angelina

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hi Judd!

If you feel that you are called to minister in this area then learning about it may benefit to that end. A word of warning though...If you are not called into this area...my suggestion is that you stay clear of it. :huh:

Be blessed!

I second that with one added recommendation. If one does feel they have a calling for helping others out of such things, find out first from those in Christ with experience in that area of witness.