Is it important to keep the Sabbath?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does the Bible show us? It shows that it certainly is. In God's final warning messages to the world we find a call to worship the Creator.
Revelation 14:6-7
6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, 7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

The call to worship in Revelation 14:7 brings us back to the Sabbath Commandment which God set aside specifically for holy purposes:
Exodus 20:8-11
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Throughout the scriptures we can see an emphasis on the recognition of the Creator.
Revelation 4:11
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Nehemiah 9:6
Thou, even thou, art Lord alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

Psalm 33:6
By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.

Psalm 96:4-5
4 For the Lord is great, and greatly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods.
5 For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the Lord made the heavens.

Psalm 121:1-2
1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.

Isaiah 45:18
For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.

Acts 4:24
And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:

By keeping the Sabbath holy, as He commanded us, we show our love for Him and give recognition of His authority in our life.
1 John 5:1-3
1Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Now some people say it doesn't matter what day we worship and God doesn't care, but He does.
Isaiah 58:14
13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: 14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

And Christ Himself set for us the example...
Luke 4:16
And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Reactions: bro.tan and Soyeong

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s important to always seek and have relationship with God, and put him first, and ask him for help by the Holy Spirit.

Whether a person holds a sabbath day or not I really don’t think God cares… he desires a heart for him, @Hobie.

Reactions: gpresdo

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:16 - Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Reactions: marks

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s important to always seek and have relationship with God, and put him first, and ask him for help by the Holy Spirit.

Whether a person holds a sabbath day or not I really don’t think God cares… he desires a heart for him, @Hobie.
God has given instructions for how to have a relationship with Him, so it is contradictory to think that what matters is having a relationship with Him and not following those instructions.

Reactions: gpresdo

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:16 - Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.
Colossians 2:16 leaves room for two possible scenarios:

1.) The Colossians were not celebrating God's holy days, they were being judged by Jews because they were not, and Paul was encouraging them not to let anyone judge them for not keeping them.

2.) The Colossians were celebrating God's holy days, they were being judged by pagans because they were keeping them, and Paul was encouraging them not to let anyone judge them for obeying God.

In Colossians 2:16-23, Paul described the people who were judging the Colossians as promoting human teachings and precepts, self-made religion, asceticism, and severity to the body, which means that the Colossians were being judged by pagans and that #2 is the case. God's holy days are important foreshadows of what come so we should live in a way that testifies about the truth of what is to come by continuing to celebrate God's holy days rather than a way that denies the truth of what is to come.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has given instructions for how to have a relationship with Him, so it is contradictory to think that what matters is having a relationship with Him and not following those instructions.
”Jesus knew the Pharisees had heard that he was baptizing and making more disciples than John (though Jesus himself didn’t baptize them—his disciples did). So he left Judea and returned to Galilee. He had to go through Samaria on the way. Eventually he came to the Samaritan village of Sychar, near the field that Jacob gave to his son Joseph. Jacob’s well was there; and Jesus, tired from the long walk, sat wearily beside the well about noontime. Soon a Samaritan woman came to draw water, and Jesus said to her, “Please give me a drink.” He was alone at the time because his disciples had gone into the village to buy some food. The woman was surprised, for Jews refuse to have anything to do with Samaritans. She said to Jesus, “You are a Jew, and I am a Samaritan woman. Why are you asking me for a drink?” Jesus replied, “If you only knew the gift God has for you and who you are speaking to, you would ask me, and I would give you living water.” “But sir, you don’t have a rope or a bucket,” she said, “and this well is very deep. Where would you get this living water? And besides, do you think you’re greater than our ancestor Jacob, who gave us this well? How can you offer better water than he and his sons and his animals enjoyed?” Jesus replied, “Anyone who drinks this water will soon become thirsty again. But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.” “Please, sir,” the woman said, “give me this water! Then I’ll never be thirsty again, and I won’t have to come here to get water.” “Go and get your husband,” Jesus told her. “I don’t have a husband,” the woman replied. Jesus said, “You’re right! You don’t have a husband— for you have had five husbands, and you aren’t even married to the man you’re living with now. You certainly spoke the truth!” “Sir,” the woman said, “you must be a prophet. So tell me, why is it that you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place of worship, while we Samaritans claim it is here at Mount Gerizim, where our ancestors worshiped?” Jesus replied, “Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on this mountain or in Jerusalem. You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. But the time is coming—indeed it’s here now—when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.” The woman said, “I know the Messiah is coming—the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.” Then Jesus told her, “I Am the Messiah!” Just then his disciples came back. They were shocked to find him talking to a woman, but none of them had the nerve to ask, “What do you want with her?” or “Why are you talking to her?” The woman left her water jar beside the well and ran back to the village, telling everyone, “Come and see a man who told me everything I ever did! Could he possibly be the Messiah?” So the people came streaming from the village to see him. Meanwhile, the disciples were urging Jesus, “Rabbi, eat something.”“
‭‭John‬ ‭4‬:‭1‬-‭31‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
”Jesus knew the Pharisees had heard that he was baptizing and making more disciples than John (though Jesus himself didn’t baptize them—his disciples did). So he left Judea and returned to Galilee. He had to go through Samaria on the way. Eventually he came to the Samaritan village of Sychar, near the field that Jacob gave to his son Joseph. Jacob’s well was there; and Jesus, tired from the long walk, sat wearily beside the well about noontime. Soon a Samaritan woman came to draw water, and Jesus said to her, “Please give me a drink.” He was alone at the time because his disciples had gone into the village to buy some food. The woman was surprised, for Jews refuse to have anything to do with Samaritans. She said to Jesus, “You are a Jew, and I am a Samaritan woman. Why are you asking me for a drink?” Jesus replied, “If you only knew the gift God has for you and who you are speaking to, you would ask me, and I would give you living water.” “But sir, you don’t have a rope or a bucket,” she said, “and this well is very deep. Where would you get this living water? And besides, do you think you’re greater than our ancestor Jacob, who gave us this well? How can you offer better water than he and his sons and his animals enjoyed?” Jesus replied, “Anyone who drinks this water will soon become thirsty again. But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.” “Please, sir,” the woman said, “give me this water! Then I’ll never be thirsty again, and I won’t have to come here to get water.” “Go and get your husband,” Jesus told her. “I don’t have a husband,” the woman replied. Jesus said, “You’re right! You don’t have a husband— for you have had five husbands, and you aren’t even married to the man you’re living with now. You certainly spoke the truth!” “Sir,” the woman said, “you must be a prophet. So tell me, why is it that you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place of worship, while we Samaritans claim it is here at Mount Gerizim, where our ancestors worshiped?” Jesus replied, “Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on this mountain or in Jerusalem. You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. But the time is coming—indeed it’s here now—when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.” The woman said, “I know the Messiah is coming—the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.” Then Jesus told her, “I Am the Messiah!” Just then his disciples came back. They were shocked to find him talking to a woman, but none of them had the nerve to ask, “What do you want with her?” or “Why are you talking to her?” The woman left her water jar beside the well and ran back to the village, telling everyone, “Come and see a man who told me everything I ever did! Could he possibly be the Messiah?” So the people came streaming from the village to see him. Meanwhile, the disciples were urging Jesus, “Rabbi, eat something.”“
‭‭John‬ ‭4‬:‭1‬-‭31‬ ‭NLT‬‬
Why did you quote that passage?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does the Bible show us? It shows that it certainly is. In God's final warning messages to the world we find a call to worship the Creator.
Revelation 14:6-7
6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, 7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

The call to worship in Revelation 14:7 brings us back to the Sabbath Commandment which God set aside specifically for holy purposes:
Exodus 20:8-11
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Throughout the scriptures we can see an emphasis on the recognition of the Creator.
Revelation 4:11
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Nehemiah 9:6
Thou, even thou, art Lord alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

Psalm 33:6
By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.

Psalm 96:4-5
4 For the Lord is great, and greatly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods.
5 For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the Lord made the heavens.

Psalm 121:1-2
1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.

Isaiah 45:18
For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.

Acts 4:24
And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:

By keeping the Sabbath holy, as He commanded us, we show our love for Him and give recognition of His authority in our life.
1 John 5:1-3
1Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Now some people say it doesn't matter what day we worship and God doesn't care, but He does.
Isaiah 58:14
13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: 14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

And Christ Himself set for us the example...
Luke 4:16
And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
Yes and no. I think the purpose of the sabbath was to give us all a day of rest each week. We need that. I don' think it matters which day of the week it is.

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes and no. I think the purpose of the sabbath was to give us all a day of rest each week. We need that. I don' think it matters which day of the week it is.
God could have commanded to rest one day each week, but He commandments to rest on the 7th day in memorial of when He rested after Creation. As with everything, we have a choice between leaning on our own understanding of right and wrong by doing what is right in our own eyes or trusting in God with all of our heart to correctly divide between right and wrong by obediently obeying His instructions in all of our ways and He will make our way straight (Proverbs 3:5-7). So you choose to lean on your own understanding by thinking that it doesn't matter which day of the week it is or you can trust God.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God could have commanded to rest one day each week, but He commandments to rest on the 7th day in memorial of when He rested after Creation. As with everything, we have a choice between leaning on our own understanding of right and wrong by doing what is right in our own eyes or trusting in God with all of our heart to correctly divide between right and wrong by obediently obeying His instructions in all of our ways and He will make our way straight (Proverbs 3:5-7). So you choose to lean on your own understanding by thinking that it doesn't matter which day of the week it is or you can trust God.
So which day is the last day of the week?

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

YOU don't think that God cares BECAUSE you have NOT gotten the gist of the Seventh Day Sabbath command!!

I know that many in here if not all, have not grasped the meaning of the "rest" we have in Jesus or "forbid not to do any kinds of work on the Sabbath."

Please, don't ask me to expound on the bolded words above, as I want you to search out the Bible like the Bereans.

To God Be The Glory

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU don't think that God cares BECAUSE you have NOT gotten the gist of the Seventh Day Sabbath command!!

I know that many in here if not all, have not grasped the meaning of the "rest" we have in Jesus or "forbid not to do any kinds of work on the Sabbath."

Please, don't ask me to expound on the bolded words above, as I want you to search out the Bible like the Bereans.

To God Be The Glory
Rest is found in Jesus, and his burden is light! Praise God for the spirit friend. He is our righteousness, sanctification and wisdom, we look to, worshipping the Father in spirit and truth though life may be rough, still pray and continue to give thanks, for any and all peoples. Having peace with God because of the Lord Yeshua, and his death, burial, and resurrection. Blessings!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rest is found in Jesus, and his burden is light! Praise God for the spirit friend. He is our righteousness, sanctification and wisdom, we look to, worshipping the Father in spirit and truth though life may be rough, still pray and continue to give thanks, for any and all peoples. Having peace with God because of the Lord Yeshua, and his death, burial, and resurrection. Blessings!
Yes, Jesus' burden is light but that is not the "rest" we have in Him. Perhaps if I gave you a hint? In the OT the Sabbath called for not to do any kinds of work however, in the NT, the Sabbath was to do spiritual work, and on top of that God, Himself changed the Seventh Day to the First Day of the week (Matthew 28:1).

The NT believers had it right by worshiping on the "first day of the week" with plenty of Scripture verses to support it. That makes the NT Sabbath go all the way to the end. And, it's going to be difficult if one is not spiritually inclined (1 Corinthians 2:14).

To God Be The Glory

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jesus' burden is light but that is not the "rest" we have in Him.

Matthew 11:28-30 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Perhaps if I gave you a hint? In the OT the Sabbath called for not to do any kinds of work however, in the NT, the Sabbath was to do spiritual work, and on top of that God, Himself changed the Seventh Day to the First Day of the week (Matthew 28:1).
I dont see how this has in correlation in finding rest for one soul in Christ. While what you say, about spiritual work may be true in loving God and loving your neighbor as yourself can be done anytime, and not just on the first day of the week.
The NT believers had it right by worshiping on the "first day of the week" with plenty of Scripture verses to support it.
That doesn’t really mean much, to me. If you wanna worship on a Sabbath, which to you is the first day of the week. That is great!
That makes the NT Sabbath go all the way to the end. And, it's going to be difficult if one is not spiritually inclined (1 Corinthians 2:14).
I believe if a person holds or doesn’t hold a sabbath, it’s between Yahavah and that person.

”In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it. So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, and not holding fast to the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase that is from God. Therefore, if you died with Christ from the basic principles of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to regulations— “Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle,” which all concern things which perish with the using—according to the commandments and doctrines of men? These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh.“
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭2‬:‭11‬-‭23‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

To God Be The Glory

Rest is founded by being at peace with God through Jesus.​

”Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.“
‭‭Romans‬ ‭5‬:‭1‬-‭11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

And finding newness of life by and through the spirit.

”But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.“
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭22‬-‭26‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So which day is the last day of the week?
The Israelites received a double portion of manna for the 7th day for 40 years in the wilderness, so they knew on which day God rested, they have been keeping it ever since, and the period of time that they have been keeping as the 7th day corresponds to between Friday and Saturday at sundown.

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jesus' burden is light but that is not the "rest" we have in Him.
Jesus set a sinless example of how to walk in obedience to the Mosaic Law, and in Matthew 11:28-30, he was inviting people to come to him for rest and to learn from him, not inviting people to come to him for rest instead of learning from his example. Moreover, by Jesus saying that we would find rest for our souls, he was referencing this passage:

Jeremiah 6:16-19
Thus says the Lord:
“Stand by the roads, and look,
and ask for the ancient paths,
where the good way is; and walk in it,
and find rest for your souls.
But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.’
17 I set watchmen over you, saying,
‘Pay attention to the sound of the trumpet!’
But they said, ‘We will not pay attention.’
18 Therefore hear, O nations,
and know, O congregation, what will happen to them.
19 Hear, O earth; behold, I am bringing disaster upon this people,
the fruit of their devices,
because they have not paid attention to my words;
and as for my law, they have rejected it.

Perhaps if I gave you a hint? In the OT the Sabbath called for not to do any kinds of work however, in the NT, the Sabbath was to do spiritual work, and on top of that God, Himself changed the Seventh Day to the First Day of the week (Matthew 28:1).

The NT believers had it right by worshiping on the "first day of the week" with plenty of Scripture verses to support it. That makes the NT Sabbath go all the way to the end. And, it's going to be difficult if one is not spiritually inclined (1 Corinthians 2:14).

To God Be The Glory
In Matthew 28:1, it says nothing about God changing the 7th day to the 1st day, The Israelites worshiped God on every day of the week, which included obeying God's command to keep the 7th day holy, so the command to keep the 7th day holy does not exclude worshiping on other days of the week. The Bible also says nothing about the Sabbath being changed to doing spiritual work.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Israelites received a double portion of manna for the 7th day for 40 years in the wilderness, so they knew on which day God rested, they have been keeping it ever since, and the period of time that they have been keeping as the 7th day corresponds to between Friday and Saturday at sundown.
How do know the 7th day corresponds "to between Friday and Saturday at sundown"?