Is it okay to eat pork?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We SDAs don't forbid meat - only unclean meat, as does Scripture.
The PAPACY is guilty of forbidding CLEAN meat during papal festivals.
But Jesus and Paul said nothing that goes in defiles a man. Paul said all meats are to be recieved with thanksgiving- not just clean meatrsa,

You wish to follow Jewish Law and impose it on others.

Paul condemns that in Galatians.
Maggots are creatures, too. If you refuse a maggot sandwich, you're in trouble, right?
I refuse cuz I don't like it. Not because of some false heresy that God forb ids it. Many cultures eat maggots and other bugs and larvae.
Isaiah says Jesus considers it a serious infraction worthy of fiery punishment.
But Jesus said nothing a persion eats can defile them cuz it goes in the mouth and out the poop chute!
Context context, context. The Jews claimed those who didn't handwash between meal courses became "spiritually dirty" by food eaten with "dirty" hands.

Jesus clarified it ain't dirty hands that makes you spiritually unclean, but a dirty heart.

Amazing how Peter never got the memo from Jesus giving the green light for bacon and sausage, though he walked with Him for 3 1/2 years!

Jesus went much further than just dirty hands--He said NOTHING! that is a word you keep ignoring.

Peter ate with the Gentiles and so would have eaten many forbidden foods. He got rebuked by Paul for pulling back when the SDA's of that day (the Judaizers) camee along and preached their legalism.
You're making my point! There remains our duty to keep the weekly Sabbath!
Well lamsa and Peshitta add "keep". It appears in no Greek manuscripts, but added by those translators! They have given a failed translation! I made my point, not yours you have this backwards.
How about we just read the plain words of the text, which are contextually: those who are resting inwardly in Jesus will demonstrate that by resting outwardly from our work once a week
Do you have your preacher, and ushers and sound techs violate the Sabbath by working on Saturday????
And, there it is! "We're Gentiles, not Jews!"

Look, the NC is written ONLY to the "house of Israel and the house of Judah" - understand? Anyone who plans to be part of the NC must become a "spiritual Israelite" and take up his duty to "keep the Sabbath" just like the Peshitta says we're to do.
Spiritual Israelites are descendants of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob! NOt Gentiles! We are spiritual gentiles, even better yet, in christ there is no Jew or Gentileas far as preferencei in the faith goes.

Reactions: GracePeace