Is it possible not to sin anymore?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is not impossible not to Sin ! But what happens is that when one is Saved ! In Christ Jesus. It's then that one has a handle on Sin ? so you are not dominated under the power of Sin of this world.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
2 Timothy 3:16
ALL SCRIPTURE is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
It’s not to you, because you have been calling Gods word a lie to his Born Again Children..

You have been mocking the word of God...it seems to be a joke to you, with all these memes and gifs...

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re mocking the whole council of God...you think it’s a joke....that’s on you.
I'm doing nothing of the kind. Its not the whole council of God that is misbehaving, its the two of you. It is one thing to stop sinning, and another to grow up in the fruit of the Spirit. We must do both.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHEN DOES ONE STOP BEING A BABY, I WOULD ASK YOU?

PLEASE DONT GIVE ME THAT PAT ANSWER.... WE ALL GROW AT DIFFERENT RATES BC WE ARE AT DIFFERENT PLACES IN GOD.

I GIVE TO YOU SOME ARE STAGNANT AND NEVER GROWING BEYOND INFANTANCY.
We stop being a baby when we decide to grow.

Paul told the corinthian church he had to feed them milk and not meat because they were still babes.

They were also in sexual sin.. and allowed it in their church.

to say a babe is sinless is prety out there.. Paul could not say he was sinless and he was a mature believer..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there's the rub right there!

Those believing in the false OSAS doctrine really want to be able to continue in their sin and think they are still saved.

Romans 6:1,2
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
God forbid.
How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
lol..

Which is worse? a pharisee who thinks he does nto sin?

or a believer who admits he is not perfect and needs to still repent on God?

Romans 6 is paul speaking against a jewish belief that if we are saved by faith, we can sin more. And the more we sin, grace will become greater.

its foolish. But does nto support sinlessness

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Paul told the corinthian church he had to feed them milk and not meat because they were still babes.

to say a babe is sinless is prety out there.. Paul could not say he was sinless and he was a mature believer..

I do not say any are sinless bc the word does not say so. We have a righteous covering " IN CHRIST" !

It does, however, state there is an ACCOUNTABILITY to every one whom comes to the truth of the word and either accepts those truths or rejects them !

Only God can know when the ground of the heart is accepting and fertile and by the conviction of the Holy Ghost he sows the SEED, THE WORD OF GOD into said soil to the production of good fruit bearing.

The hearing of the word, stimulates our faith to believe, regardless those that deny they needed a Bible or word of God to be saved.
I have read the vicar said this, or when I was in parochial school...
or I was in church on Sundays before I got saved. THE WORD WAS HEARD !!!!!!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm sure that the church at Corinth were not multiple decades in following the Gospel of Christ explained to them by Paul, when he rebuked them in his letters.

Paul was not 30- 50 alive, after, the formation of the believers at Corinth, still trying to get ppl to live right in the word !

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'll help anyone who wants help. Rj never thought she needed my help. She had already turned her itching ears to another teacher.
If you check my post, I apologised and asked you to post what you believe Paul to be saying ,
So, before you make assumptions, try reading my post to you first....and by the way....you should know it’s “ Not You” who would be helping me....it would be the Holy Spirit helping me understand through you.and he could also help you understand some of his word through me....Glory to God dear sister...there is no glory in you.

I said I am able and willing to listen...you can plant the seed, but, not guaranteed that it will take root...as it could be your word that you speak and not the word of God....

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm doing nothing of the kind. Its not the whole council of God that is misbehaving, its the two of you. It is one thing to stop sinning, and another to grow up in the fruit of the Spirit. We must do both.
Have you reached perfection dear Sister.

Are you all grown up in the fruit of the Spirit?...according to a few of your posts, I think not.

The Holy Spirit is the one who matures our fruit dear sister..he is the one who does all the pruning as a Born Again has been grafted into the true vine by God.....therefore our fruit will and does grow in him..in his timing....

We are all learning....and we never stop learning..

Maturity comes from understanding the word of God..which can only be understood in the heart/ spirit ...we are all at different levels of maturity.....we grow in Gods timing..that has always been my belief

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Is it possible not to sin anymore?​

Why all the yada yada?.....just try it and you will know!

Reactions: Lambano

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you reached perfection dear Sister.

Are you all grown up in the fruit of the Spirit?...according to a few of your posts, I think not.

The Holy Spirit is the one who matures our fruit dear sister..he is the one who does all the pruning as a Born Again has been grafted into the true vine by God.....therefore our fruit will and does grow in him..in his timing....

We are all learning....and we never stop learning..

Maturity comes from understanding the word of God..which can only be understood in the heart/ spirit ...we are all at different levels of maturity.....we grow in Gods timing..that has always been my belief
I am putting you on ignore so I don't inadvertently try to correct one of your beliefs you've learned from your teacher of choice.

• Haha
Reactions: Ritajanice