Is it possible not to sin anymore?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, I do not have time for this kind of childishness. How can I put you on ignore?
Awww...come on Brother....she could say the same about you keep asking her, when was the last time you lied...I’m sure you asked her more than twice..

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Awww...come on Brother....she could say the same about you keep asking her, when was the last time you lied...I’m sure you asked her more than twice..
The last time I lied was months ago. It was a sin. I apologized to the guy. I regretted it and repented. I asked for God's forgiveness. I praised Jesus for his sacrifice on the Cross. Now my conscience is clear before God. I have peace with God.

The last time I sinned was just now. I read Taken's comment and despised his intellectual ability in my heart. I sinned against a brother/sister in my thoughts. I've just confessed the sin to God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I do not have time for this kind of childishness. How can I put you on ignore?

Correct. Your question was childish and Ignored. You repeating your childish question Was informing you did not realize your question was childish.

You attempting to blame me for Your childish behavior is akin to icing.

You asking HOW TO ignore a person as well is childish, and funny, while You instigated and are now claiming to not have time to engage in childish behavior…

:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Ritajanice

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Correct. Your question was childish and Ignored. You repeating your childish question Was informing you did not realize your question was childish.

You attempting to blame me for Your childish behavior is akin to icing.

You asking HOW TO ignore a person as well is childish, and funny, while You instigated and are now claiming to not have time to engage in childish behavior…

:rolleyes:
How can I put you on ignore?

This is the 2nd time I have asked.

• Haha
Reactions: Ritajanice

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last time I lied was months ago. It was a sin. I apologized to the guy. I regretted it and repented. I asked for God's forgiveness. I praised Jesus for his sacrifice on the Cross. Now my conscience is clear before God. I have peace with God.

The last time I sinned was just now. I read Taken's comment and despised his intellectual ability in my heart. I sinned against a brother/sister in my thoughts. I've just confessed the sin to God.

Disagreeing between men is not sin!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Others may, but I never speak as from the view point of the Law of Moses, but from the Law of the Spirit of Life IN Christ Jesus.

The whole point of the New Covenant is for man to actually be free from the desire to sin so that... he quits doing sin!

Under the Law of Moses they could not become born again and become New Creatures IN Christ, we can and we have a tremendous advantage over anything they could do since the New Covenant is based on better promises as well as the finished work of Jesus at the Cross.
I do too. Many today in the Church have never been born again of the Spirit. It is good to know that you also believe as I do. The majority have taken the wide road.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it were not possible to ever sin again after getting born again, the Lord would not have put warnings in the New Testament about not sinning, including 1 John 1:9
Why are you assuming that you need to convince and debate with @Ritajanice? Can't you discern someone of like mind when you hear her. I am too.

Just one thing about 1 John 1:9. It is the verse by John that equates to Luke's Acts 2:38. How many times must we be born again of the Spirit?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ecclesiastes 7:20
For there is not a just man on earth who does good And does not sin.

How hard is this? The pride and arrogance in this thread is disgusting!

Who thinks that when they become saved they can possibly sin no more? I tell this person as soon as you tell yourself you sin no more the truth is not in you!

John 1:8-10 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
I fully agree.

I'm seeing a lot of self-righteous ppl whom claim to have zero sin commiting those 2 sins; pride & arrogance, plus the sin of ignorance that God no longer " winks " at.

Acts 17:30/31
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
( Christ is that ordained man. Do any live by his every word, commandments & standard?)

Galatians 6:
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth,that shall he ALSO reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Romans 3:24-25
“Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of SINS THAT ARE PAST, through the forbearance of God;”

2 Peter 1:9
“But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his OLD SINS.”

1 John 1:7-10
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sin, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have NOT SINNED, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

1 Timothy 5:20-24
20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.
21 I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality
22/23.............................................................................
24 Some men's sins are open beforehand,going BEFORE TO JUDGMENT; and some men they follow after.

I want my sins of the flesh that are against the Spirit to go to judgment before I stand before the throne, NOT AFTER !

Reactions: TonyChanYT

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you assuming that you need to convince and debate with @Ritajanice? Can't you discern someone of like mind when you hear her. I am too.

Just one thing about 1 John 1:9. It is the verse by John that equates to Luke's Acts 2:38. How many times must we be born again of the Spirit?

Here's one that most definitely DOES Speak Against the Eternal Security of the believer

Galatians 6:7-8 (see Gen 8:22)
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
For
he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

God gave man free will... if man chooses to turn and walk away from the Lord, God will let them do so.

This is a major biblical truth the OSAS crowd always explains away or denies is simply this... God is NOT mocked, what we sow is what we reap - if we sow to the flesh we shall of the flesh reap corruption. (Gal 6:7,8)

In Gal 6:8, the word corruption is...

G5356
fthora from G5351; decay, i.e. ruin -- corruption, destroy, perish.

G5351
strengthened from phthio (to pine or waste); properly, to shrivel or wither, i.e. to spoil or to ruin, by moral influences, to deprave): -- corrupt (self), defile, destroy.

If one claims we DO reap corruption when we sin, then they are admitting they do not believe OSAS / Eternal security doctrine (and sadly many of their friends will forsake them!).... and if one claims we DO NOT reap what we sow, then according to Gal 6:7, that would be mocking God!

Adam and Eve were given eternal life by the Lord when He created them... but when they sinned against God they became corrupt and died spiritually and became separated from God. So Gal 6:7,8 is quite the quandary, quite the state of uncertainty and perplexity for the adherents of OSAS doctrine.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Those who use scripture for their own advantage and understanding....are those who have no understanding when Gods word say.

A Born Again can no longer sin because they have been Born of God seed.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Those who believe they sin, can never come forward and explain what God’s word is saying here...

1 John 3:9​

1 John 3:9 KJV​

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember the devil can only mimic the truth, he cannot live it !