Is it possible not to sin anymore?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So you're claim is that after getting born again... you have never ever sinned not once, and you have never made any mistakes?

Remember, lying is a sin!
I’m claiming that you have no idea what God’s word is saying here...I believe it’s called spiritual blindness.
If you understand being Born Again of imperishable seed, then you most definitely should understand this scripture?

As I’ve said to you, imo, you go on a merry go round of the Bible...I honestly don’t believe you are understanding in the Spirit?

I’ve asked you so many times what Born Again means....I have yet to get an understanding from you of what it means?

His seed remaineth in him....what seed and where does it remain?

1 John 3:9​

1 John 3:9 KJV​

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Remember, lying is a sin!
His seed remaineth in them.....what seed and where does it remain?

You sadly are blind to Gods truth....which can only be revealed to the heart....if you understood what Born of imperishable seed meant....you wouldn’t be teaching false teachings about Born Again children.

Carry on with your false teachings about Born Again...It’s a lie and it comes from the devil
OSAS is nowhere in Gods word.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe it’s called spiritual blindness.

For you it's spiritual ignorance due not accepting all the Lord says!

You obviously do not accept (or don't know about) John 15 where Jesus is speaking of His people that do not abide IN Him and bear fruit... are cut of the Vine (He is the vine we are the branches.)

Hang in there... you'll get it one of these days - but it will required accepting the WHOLE COUNSEL OF GOD and quit being a cotton pickin cherry picker!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It says he will cleanse them from it

it does not say they will stop sinning

babes need to learn to grow. we are not born again into super mature perfect beings..
WHEN DOES ONE STOP BEING A BABY, I WOULD ASK YOU?

PLEASE DONT GIVE ME THAT PAT ANSWER.... WE ALL GROW AT DIFFERENT RATES BC WE ARE AT DIFFERENT PLACES IN GOD.

I GIVE TO YOU SOME ARE STAGNANT AND NEVER GROWING BEYOND INFANTANCY.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

You obviously do not accept (or don't know about) John 15 where Jesus is speaking of His people that do not abide IN Him and bear fruit... are cut of the Vine (He is the vine we are the branches.)

Hang in there... you'll get it one of these days - but it will required accepting the WHOLE COUNSEL OF GOD and quit being a cotton pickin cherry picker!
Once again unable to interpret the word of God to his Born Again children....just running around with his own understanding of the word of God....spreading “ his” silly lies ...regarding Gods Born Again children.

Can’t explain anything about the seed of God ...therefore lies about God’s Born Again children.

That’s on you and as you well know...God is always watching...

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His seed remaineth in them.....what seed and where does it remain?

You sadly are blind to Gods truth....which can only be revealed to the heart....if you understood what Born of imperishable seed meant....you wouldn’t be teaching false teachings about Born Again children.

Carry on with your false teachings about Born Again...It’s a lie and it comes from the devil
OSAS is nowhere in Gods word.

Hey guys, calm down!

Ask yourselves what type of sin John is speaking of in 1 John 3:9.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it does not say they will stop sinning

And there's the rub right there!

Those believing in the false OSAS doctrine really want to be able to continue in their sin and think they are still saved.

Romans 6:1,2
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
God forbid.
How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The words definition above is an outdated word and seems offensive so I'll refrain from it's use, but it means failure to proof in bread making, IOW, rise, expand or grow

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, calm down!

Please don’t assume I’m not calm I’m very calm.

Do you mean this scripture?

9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

I completely understand that scripture.

I’m waiting for @Big Boy Johnson to explain and the other member above...as of yet one thinks Born Again is irrelevant and we don’t need it and if we talk about it we’re a baby on milk..LOLhahaha.

Yet they have no understanding of Born Again..and hate talking about God’s truth..does that make sense to you.?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please don’t assume I’m not calm I’m very calm.

Do you mean this scripture?

9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.
Yes.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey guys, calm down!

I'm calm... this other person seems to be stress out badly trying to make others agree with them

1 John 3:9 is obviously saying we should have an attitude of no being willing to sin and not knowingly doing sin.

But, for anybody claiming they have never ever sinned (or fallen short of perfection by making mistakes) since being born again is lying which is a sin!

If it were literally NOT possible for Christians to ever never sin again after getting saved... the Lord would not have put 1 John 1:9 in the Word of God.

1 John 1:9
IF we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And IF any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

• Haha
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You know exactly what it means...we have been Born Again of Gods seed, which is the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit the seed of God remains in his Born Again Children...therefore we can no longer sin.

A Born Again does not continue to sin because they have been Born of Gods seed..which I explained above...like you I was Born Again like the wind having never read a Bible...before I became Born Again.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm calm... this other person seems to be stress out badly trying to make others agree with them

1 John 3:9 is obviously saying we should have an attitude of no being willing to sin and not knowingly doing sin.

But, for anybody claiming they have never ever sinned (or fallen short of perfection by making mistakes) since being born again is lying which is a sin!

If it were literally NOT possible for Christians to ever never sin again after getting saved... the Lord would not have put 1 John 1:9 in the Word of God.

1 John 1:9
IF we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And IF any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
This looks like you believe 1 John 1:8 is a Christian. That's a mistake.

Reactions: Ritajanice

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know exactly what it means...we have been Born Again of Gods seed, which is the Holy Spirit.

A Born Again does not continue to sin because they have been Born of Gods seed..which I explained above...like you I was Born Again like the wind having never read a Bible...before I became Born Again.
I believe you and agree. What I'm asking is what type of sin is John referring to in 1 John 3?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe you. What I'm asking is what type of sin is John referring to in 1 John 3?
What do you mean what type of sin?

All my sins were forgiven the night God birthed me like the wind.

Sorry @1stCenturyLady ..I’m with Behold on this one...so it’s not up for discussion...

By all means post what you believe the type of sin you believe he is talking about @1stCenturyLady

I’m listening ,but, if I don’t get heart revelation then as you well know..I won’t be agreeing.

I’m very passionate and protective when I stand on God’s word.LOL.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Please don’t assume I’m stressed out..because I pick you up on your error of what you believe a Born Again is...OSAS and in sin and lives in sin.

You seriously need to watch what you say about a Born Again as it’s not the word of God...imo, it’s like a game to you, it’s not and there can be consequences to this sort of talk....in other words when we go against the word of God there can and are consequences..and it’s not a laughing matter.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please don’t assume I’m stressed out..because I pick you up on your error of what you believe a Born Again is...OSAS and in sin and lives in sin.

Oh you're definitely stressed! That's what false doctrine does to people as they set out to keep themselves convinced and to convince others that their fake doctrine is true!
sad5.gif

Too bad you're not blessed which comes when one accepts and walks in the WHOLE COUNSEL OF GOD! cool1.gifbanana_dancing.gifsmiley_dancing1.gif