Is It Possible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
What do you call this?
For the Scriptures say, " `As surely as I live,' says the Lord, `every knee will bow to me and every tongue will confess allegiance to God.'

Read my response in the other post where you quoted this same verse.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
I just checked 14 English translations and NONE agree with what you posted.

Here are 12 English translations of Romans 14:11. Which ones did you read that disagree with the NLT???

Please post them all.

For it is written, [As] I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. KJV

For it is written: "As I live, says the LORD, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God." NKJV

for it is written, "As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God." ESV

It is written: “ ‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.’ ” NIV

For it is written, "AS I LIVE, SAYS THE LORD, EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO ME, AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL *GIVE PRAISE TO GOD." NASB

For the Scriptures say, " `As surely as I live,' says the Lord, `every knee will bow to me and every tongue will confess allegiance to God.' "* NLT

for it is written, "As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God." RSV

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, to me every knee shall bow, And every tongue shall confess to God. ASV

for it hath been written, `I live! saith the Lord -- to Me bow shall every knee, and every tongue shall confess to God;' YNG

For it is written, *I* live, saith [the] Lord, that to me shall bow every knee, and every tongue shall confess to God. DBY

For it is written, [As] I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. WEB

For it is written, "'As I live,' says the Lord, 'to me every knee will bow. Every tongue will confess to God.'" HNV

for it is written: Living am I, the Lord is saying, For to Me shall bow every knee, And every tongue shall be acclaiming God! CLNT

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Here are 12 English translations of Romans 14:11. Which ones did you read that disagree with the NLT???

Please post them all.

For it is written, [As] I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. KJV

For it is written: "As I live, says the LORD, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God." NKJV

for it is written, "As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God." ESV

It is written: “ ‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.’ ” NIV

For it is written, "AS I LIVE, SAYS THE LORD, EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO ME, AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL *GIVE PRAISE TO GOD." NASB

For the Scriptures say, " `As surely as I live,' says the Lord, `every knee will bow to me and every tongue will confess allegiance to God.' "* NLT

for it is written, "As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God." RSV

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, to me every knee shall bow, And every tongue shall confess to God. ASV

for it hath been written, `I live! saith the Lord -- to Me bow shall every knee, and every tongue shall confess to God;' YNG

For it is written, *I* live, saith [the] Lord, that to me shall bow every knee, and every tongue shall confess to God. DBY

For it is written, [As] I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. WEB

For it is written, "'As I live,' says the Lord, 'to me every knee will bow. Every tongue will confess to God.'" HNV

for it is written: Living am I, the Lord is saying, For to Me shall bow every knee, And every tongue shall be acclaiming God! CLNT
The NLT is the only one that says "allegiance". Interesting that you picked it out of the rest.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
The NLT is the only one that says "allegiance". Interesting that you picked it out of the rest.

You will find that I use the NLT in most of my posts because it is in modern English.
At any rate the Greek word is exomologeō and it means to acknowledge or fully agree, confess, profess and promise.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
You need to face the facts jiggyfly.

Luke 13:23-24 (NKJV)
[sup]23 [/sup]Then one said to Him, "Lord, are there few who are saved?" And He said to them, [sup]24 [/sup]"Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
You need to face the facts jiggyfly.

Luke 13:23-24 (NKJV)
[sup]23 [/sup]Then one said to Him, "Lord, are there few who are saved?" And He said to them, [sup]24 [/sup]"Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

For he must remain in heaven until the time for the final restoration of all things, as God promised long ago through his prophets.Acts 3:21

And this is his plan: At the right time he will bring everything together under the authority of Christ Eph. 1:10

For God in all his fullness was pleased to live in Christ, and by him God reconciled everything to himself. He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth by means of his blood on the cross. Col. 1:19&20

So just as sin ruled over all people and brought them to death, now God's wonderful kindness rules instead, giving us right standing with God and resulting in eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Rom. 5:21

For God has imprisoned all people in their own disobedience so he could have mercy on everyone. Rom 11:32

For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people's sins against them. This is the wonderful message he has given us to tell others. 2Cor. 5:19

for he wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth. 1 Tim. 2:4

We work hard and suffer much [fn] in order that people will believe the truth, for our hope is in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and particularly of those who believe. 1 Tim. 4:10

What we do see is Jesus, who "for a little while was made lower than the angels" and now is "crowned with glory and honor" because he suffered death for us. Yes, by God's grace, Jesus tasted death for everyone in all the world. Heb. 2:9

I could go on and on because there are several hundred scriptures verses that support the reconciliation of all in contrast to the handful you have posted. If you want to believe that God is either unable or unwilling to reconcile all thats up to you but scripture testifies against it.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
God is not nearly as merciful as you are hoping. I.E. the Genesis Flood, burning Sodom and the surrounding cities, destroying a third of mankind on Earth in Revelation!!! Not to mention that those who are telling others they will be saved will be held accountable for their blood.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
God is not nearly as merciful as you are hoping. I.E. the Genesis Flood, burning Sodom and the surrounding cities, destroying a third of mankind on Earth in Revelation!!! Not to mention that those who are telling others they will be saved will be held accountable for their blood.

On the contrary God is much more merciful and loving than you are hoping.

All that was a destruction of the flesh. Scriptures clearly express God's will and plan for everyone to be reconciled and no one to perish but you believe God is unable or unwilling to accomplish His plan. To whom is God subject?

In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of Him who worketh all things after the counsel of His own will: Eph. 1:11

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
On the contrary God is much more merciful and loving than you are hoping.
You are getting quite ridiculous.
All that was a destruction of the flesh. Scriptures clearly express God's will and plan for everyone to be reconciled and no one to perish but you believe God is unable or unwilling to accomplish His plan. To whom is God subject?
If that's true then we can murder, rape, lie, etc. no problemo. But it's not true.
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of Him who worketh all things after the counsel of His own will: Eph. 1:11
Matthew 13:49-50 (NKJV)
[sup]49 [/sup]So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, [sup]50 [/sup]and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
You are getting quite ridiculous.

Yes I am sure it seems ridiculous to you that God is love and that He would actually show unlimited Grace towards those who don't deserve it. Absolutely preposterous! LOL.
tongue.gif

If that's true then we can murder, rape, lie, etc. no problemo. But it's not true.

Guess you have never told a lie. Again you must believe that God only saves those who deserve it.

Matthew 13:49-50 (NKJV)
[sup]49 [/sup]So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, [sup]50 [/sup]and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Tis true so where's the conflict?

[font="'trebuchet ms"]"So I came down from the fiery mountain, holding in my hands the two stone tablets of the covenant.[/font]

I watched as thrones were put in place and the Ancient One sat down to judge. His clothing was as white as snow, his hair like whitest wool. He sat on a fiery throne with wheels of blazing fire,

Dear friends, don't be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. Instead, be very glad--because these trials will make you partners with Christ in his suffering, and afterward you will have the wonderful joy of sharing his glory when it is displayed to all the world.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Yes I am sure it seems ridiculous to you that God is love and that He would actually show unlimited Grace towards those who don't deserve it. Absolutely preposterous! LOL.
tongue.gif
According to you there's no need for salvation.
[font="tahoma][size="2"]Guess you have never told a lie. Again you must believe that God only saves those who deserve it.[/size][/font]
Never said nor implied such.
Tis true so where's the conflict?

"So I came down from the fiery mountain, holding in my hands the two stone tablets of the covenant.

I watched as thrones were put in place and the Ancient One sat down to judge. His clothing was as white as snow, his hair like whitest wool. He sat on a fiery throne with wheels of blazing fire,

Dear friends, don't be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. Instead, be very glad--because these trials will make you partners with Christ in his suffering, and afterward you will have the wonderful joy of sharing his glory when it is displayed to all the world.
Matthew 25:41 (NKJV)
[sup]41 [/sup]Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

Many will have blood on their hands on Judgment Day because they have been preaching that everyone will be saved.

Mark 3:29 (NKJV)
[sup]29 [/sup]but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation --

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
According to you there's no need for salvation.

Actually your mistaken again, I have said it all along, Jesus came to save everyone which indicates everyone needs salvation.

Never said nor implied such.

Really? What is this?

According to you murderers, rapists, liars and ect can not be saved.

Matthew 25:41 (NKJV)
[sup]41 [/sup]Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

Many will have blood on their hands on Judgment Day because they have been preaching that everyone will be saved.

Mark 3:29 (NKJV)
[sup]29 [/sup]but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation --

Again this is where a study of the words olam, aion and aionios would benefit you.

Look here at Yngs Lit Translation.

Then shall he say also to those on the left hand, Go ye from me, the cursed, to the fire, the age-during, that hath been prepared for the Devil and his messengers; Matt. 25:41

but whoever may speak evil in regard to the Holy Spirit hath not forgiveness -- to the age, but is in danger of age-during judgment;' Mark 3:29

You might also consider a study into God's judgment and what His justice requires.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Actually your mistaken again, I have said it all along, Jesus came to save everyone which indicates everyone needs salvation.
Then I have nothing to lose if I'm wrong. How about you?
[font="tahoma][size="2"]Really? What is this?

I was using YOUR doctrine. Everyone will be saved, right?
[/size][/font]
According to you murderers, rapists, liars and ect can not be saved.
Why are you making this stuff up?
[font="tahoma][size="2"]Again this is where a study of the words olam, aion and aionios would benefit you.[/size][/font][font="tahoma] [/font][/color]
[color="#5d5d5d"][font="tahoma][size="2"]Look here at Yngs Lit Translation.[/size][/font]

[font="tahoma][size="2"]Then shall he say also to those on the left hand, Go ye from me, the cursed, to the fire, the age-during, that hath been prepared for the Devil and his messengers; Matt. 25:41[/size][/font]

[font="tahoma][size="2"]but whoever may speak evil in regard to the Holy Spirit hath not forgiveness -- to the age, but is in danger of age-during judgment;' Mark 3:29[/size][/font]
None of which changes the clear meaning of eternal punishment, no matter how hard you try.
[font="tahoma][size="2"]You might also consider a study into God's judgment and what His justice requires.[/size][/font]
One day you will find out this truth.

Hebrews 10:31 (NKJV)
[sup]31 [/sup]It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Hopefully not too late.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face him with confidence because we are like Christ here in this world. Such love has no fear because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of judgment, and this shows that his love has not been perfected in us. 1John 4:17&18

[font="'trebuchet ms"]Jonah was upset and disappointed in God because He chose to show mercy to the people of Nineveh rather than punish them. The prodigal's brother rather than rejoice with his father over his brother's return he became angry with his father for showing grace and accepting the prodigal back. Both Jonah and the prodigal's brother were ignorant of Father's heart and faulted Him for showing grace and mercy. [/font]

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
You will find that I use the NLT in most of my posts because it is in modern English.
And does an extremely poor job at the main thing it's suppose to do: translation.

Ducky posted the passage in Matthew regarding the paths- you ignore it and post more out-of-context drivel.
Ducky posted a passage regarding people being fearful of God- you ignore it.

The mark of someone not Biblically grounded is easy to spot- they can post many verses but can't explain nor deal with verses contrary to their view, so they get ignored.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
The mark of someone not Biblically grounded is easy to spot- they can post many verses but can't explain nor deal with verses contrary to their view, so they get ignored.
Totally agree with you here, and have yet to see you or others here deal with all the verses that state the reconciliation of everyone.