Is it right to be personally targetting each other?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your interpretation of scriptures and your judgement of what is sinful.
If that's what you truly believe, I'll just refrain from responding to anything you have to say to me.

Later...

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
There are high standards for christian behavior, which are higher than the standards for posting.

What does it come down to? IMO You can't have disagreement without sinful man being offended.
When iron sharpens iron there are bound to be sparks.

Also consider the average person who comes to a christian forum, most are opinionated.

Reactions: Stan B and Helen

Old Man

Apr 28, 2011
Steubenville, OH
stpaulcenter.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My 2 cents. I'm always thinking of the lurkers. Those who read but don't post. I wonder what they think about Christianity when they read some of the go-to-the-mat disagreements over things that might seem very minor. And these go-to-the-mat disagreements quickly devolve into knife fights. Ad hominem is not a breakfast food. It is a logical fallacy.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Was Jesus personally targeting pharisees when he called them hypocrites, blind fools, whited sepulchres, vipers, children of the devil, etc?
Do you think he could have said something more encouraging and been a bit more gentle or sweet with his chastisement of believers in God?
Truth is harsh at times but it only attacks lies and liars including the liars who are lying to themselves and are not even aware of their own lies.
Follow Jesus example no matter how harsh it appears to be to people who claim to be believers in God.
True believers and lovers of the word are never offended by anything and don't go around whining about other peoples harsh comments.

Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Josho, I apologize for not being able respond to your post in the manner I should. There is so much I could say to you, but yesterday, my daughters husband OD on heroin. Today, after my grandson comes home from the mountains, we get to tell a nine year old about his father. They were very close. His father was thirty and had been clean for a while now. A couple of recent failures sent him to use just once more. It was the last time. Do NOT ever entertain thoughts of checking out. If God has you here, He has you here because He needs you here.

Mercy, Josho. Have you ever considered you have the gift? We all need mercy but it seems a mercy giver has been given a grander measure of mercy by the spirit. For Gods purposes.

What is the spiritual gift of mercy?

Thanks for the reply, that is pretty sad stuff though, for you, your daughter, your grand children and her husband's family. :( I will pray that God comforts you all through these times.

And no I haven't considered that I have that gift, but thanks for sharing

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree with Job. Not that it is fun when moderation is 'heavy' on a site, freedom is good, but a nice balance in moderation would be good too.

I believe that any 'bashing' and rudeness is never the way to go in life....Christian or none Christian!!

"To me" it is personally fine to say to someone...."Sorry, I do not agree on that, this is how I believe and see it."
But to be hurtful and tell someone that what they are saying is totally wrong, does not breed a friendly spirit or atmosphere. I am sure we have all belonged to sites where the members show maturity in their 'arguments', and know how to "disagree agreeably" in a good and friendly spirit...even strong disagreements can be done maturely. It would be a boring site if we all just said that we agreed with every opening post! Ha!
Another persons view on a scripture or subject , and someone else's perspective is good and edifying. Rudeness is never acceptable. So I apologize for doing that as I may well have fallen into that trap a couple of times myself.:(

Some people can and do write as if- "I and I only have the truth, and I speak as God"....that can be quite annoying. An 'arrogant spirit' does bring out the worst in us...but that is where maturity comes in.
We should sidestep 'religious spirits' rather than try to argue with them or straighten them out, it is always a waste of time. ...but it is easy to fall into the trap of thinking that we can change that type of spirit in a post. All Christian sites seem to have one or two!!! LOL So it must be good for us.:)

Proverbs 27:17
17 "Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend."

But that must be a two way street to really do any good.

P.S.I have just seen iforrest/admin post after posting mine. I am guessing that not many of us would like to use that unless really needful...no one likes " running to teacher " and tittle tattling. But thanks...a good option when things get 'too hot'. ;)

Some good advice there. :)

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This site needs to stop accommodating sin.
Everybody sins, but Jesus is forgiving, his grace is too great to measure, it doesn't mean it's a license to sin, but when we do sin and ask for God's forgiveness, we are forgiven, no matter how bad it is, God forgives our very worst of mistakes, that we have made, and ever will make, his grace is very great.

Thank God, we serve a God that has a very big amount of grace.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have my views on this, what are yours?
I think someone should put a stop to the Hindu apologist who's been spamming the site for the last few days. He's teaching a blend of hinduism and the gospel.

Impressionable young minds...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I think someone should put a stop to the Hindu apologist who's been spamming the site for the last few days. He's teaching a blend of hinduism and the gospel.

Impressionable young minds...
well, i hear you there, i think anyone pushing KingdomSomeday for anyone deemed "one of us" because of some altar works should be prohibited myself lol.

but fwiw, most of the Hindu symbology can be translated to language you are more comfy with anyway, you might even note concepts that recall Scripture to you...

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
most of the Hindu symbology can be translated to language you are more comfy with anyway, you might even note concepts that recall Scripture to you...
That's how the devil works. He uses just enough scripture to make his lies sound righteous.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
That's how the devil works. He uses just enough scripture to make his lies sound righteous.
ok well i doubt "the devil" is trying to subvert you with Hindu Writ ok, but if the spirit is the same then the fruit will follow. Of course you no doubt believe that all Hindus are lost, at least until they agree to your conditions or whatever, but let's admit that God judges differently, and the First Son is maybe not so easy to identify.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sin is not sin, if you can do something that i cannot do, and be judged differently, yes?
There aren't different categories, levels or degrees of sin. If I shoot someone and you steal a box of paperclips, the penalty is the same. Death. We can't out-sin one another. The only sin that has it's own category is Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. There is no forgiveness for that sin.