Is it right to be personally targetting each other?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but let's admit that God judges differently, and the First Son is maybe not so easy to identify.
What does this mean? The First Son. And why is he not so easy to identify?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
ok well i doubt "the devil" is trying to subvert you with Hindu Writ ok, but if the spirit is the same then the fruit will follow. Of course you no doubt believe that all Hindus are lost, at least until they agree to your conditions or whatever, but let's admit that God judges differently, and the First Son is maybe not so easy to identify.

If I were the Devil I would give people inside knowledge of Heaven and spiritual matters. Then I would deceive them when it comes to matters essential to Salvation. Like baiting a snare trap.

Reactions: Sword and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
There aren't different categories, levels or degrees of sin.
but obviously there is some distinction to be made, otherwise what is a sin for you would have to be a sin for me, which is the point, not that stealing bread = murder, which is also highly conditional anyway and i'm not buying into that doctrine the way we understand it either, but nevermind

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What does this mean? The First Son. And why is he not so easy to identify?
the First Son of the Vineyard Owner, who explicitly states that he is not interested, but then goes and works in the vineyard anyway. "Which one did his father's will," that one.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If I were the Devil I would give people inside knowledge of Heaven and spiritual matters. Then I would deceive them when it comes to matters essential to Salvation. Like baiting a snare trap.
seems to be working fabulously, the wide road of Christianity is also parrotted widely in the world, and we certainly have no dearth of people who believe they have Special Knowledge. Most people seem to accept at face value that salvation is a singular occurrence that they do once in a "church" that then renders like three fourths of Scripture irrelevant for them. And that heaven is some place they are going to later maybe, after they die. Sounds like spiritual matters strained through the damned alright.

It's a death cult. I can even quote these believers pov @ Paul's "absent from the body = present with the lord," you were here for that. It is a widely held position, that Paul was suicidal, basically, or at least craved death in order to "be with the Lord."

"I am God of the living..." is speaking to you, if you believe that

Last edited:

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but obviously there is some distinction to be made, otherwise what is a sin for you would have to be a sin for me,
If I steal a dollar to buy a beer and you steal a dollar to buy food for a homeless person, would we be judged differently for our motives or will the penalty still be death for the both of us?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the First Son of the Vineyard Owner, who explicitly states that he is not interested, but then goes and works in the vineyard anyway. "Which one did his father's will," that one.
Do you believe this Hindu apologist is doing the will of the Father?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There aren't different categories, levels or degrees of sin. If I shoot someone and you steal a box of paperclips, the penalty is the same. Death. We can't out-sin one another. The only sin that has it's own category is Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. There is no forgiveness for that sin.

If any one sees his brother committing what is not a mortal sin, he will ask, and God will give him life for those whose sin is not mortal. There is sin which is mortal; I do not say that one is to pray for that. All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin which is not mortal.
(1Jn 5:16-17)

It seems there different categories of sin.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was reading where you were both chatting about sin.
What about this in Matthew 12 :- "But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day. But Jesus said unto them, "Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him; How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests? "
So as I see it, Jesus is saying that Father God sees beyond the law...into the heart. He Himself said
that "David was a man after His own heart." Not that David's actions were always perfect...but God is always looking deeper , at our heart of hearts.

1 Samuel 16:7

" But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart."

SORRY...for butting into your conversation. ;)

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was reading where you were both chatting about sin.
What about this in Matthew 12 :- "But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day. But Jesus said unto them, "Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him; How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests? "
So as I see it, Jesus is saying that Father God sees beyond the law...into the heart. He Himself said
that "David was a man after His own heart." Not that David's actions were always perfect...but God is always looking deeper , at our heart of hearts.

1 Samuel 16:7

" But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart."

SORRY...for butting into your conversation. ;)

Don't apologise - a worthwhile contribution.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If I steal a dollar to buy a beer and you steal a dollar to buy food for a homeless person, would we be judged differently for our motives or will the penalty still be death for the both of us?
you know that is not the same thing though, Job. Sin is not sin, in the sense that one person can confidently judge another to be sinning, as popular as that pastime is.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Do you believe this Hindu apologist is doing the will of the Father?
i believe all things work together for good, and what i believe about the Hindu--or anyone or anything else--is basically irrelevant, as it does not change my mission, and should not alter how i address him as a neighbor. I don't have to agree with him in order to not be offended by him, as long as Christ is mutually expressed, and you must admit that Hindus seem much less self centered than Christians, more sensitive and less likely to offend.

So it becomes a question of "are you fighting God," not "is he doing God's will?" because i do not have to make a judgement upon someone else's beliefs, and at the same time someone with a bias against Scripture, or even has difficulty with some passages, might find them better expressed for their ear in other monotheistic dogmas--which Hindu once was, and actually they are getting back to that, and in revival.

Of course to a Western ear Hindu seems full of blasphemy; until it is considered that God has Seven Spirits, and the Bible acknowledges gods, and etc. A sticking point is usually that they do not use the same terms to express Christ's Spirit, but that does not mean His Spirit is not manifest.

that happens in the moment imo and is not expressed in the correct dogma, except where they all pretty much agree anyway which is at "love."

So my opinion on whether he is doing God's will might be completely divorced from whether or not he is manifesting Christ, see. I do not expect for him to use the same terminology i do, and i am told to judge by the fruit and not appearances.

did you know that mideastern Christians were often slaughtered by crusaders, who mistook them for Muslims? lol doubt things are much different now

Last edited:

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is not sin, in the sense that one person can confidently judge another to be sinning,
Our role as a christian is not to judge the sins of others. Every time we pass a guilty verdict toward someone we believe to be a sinning, we are in fact passing judgment on ourselves.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and at the same time someone with a bias against Scripture, or even has difficulty with some passages, might find them better expressed for their ear
This immediately came to mind.

2 Timothy 4
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;
4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

And then this.

John 10
27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

And finally.

James 1
5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

Matthew 7
7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

It takes faith...

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
seems to be working fabulously, the wide road of Christianity is also parrotted widely in the world, and we certainly have no dearth of people who believe they have Special Knowledge. Most people seem to accept at face value that salvation is a singular occurrence that they do once in a "church" that then renders like three fourths of Scripture irrelevant for them. And that heaven is some place they are going to later maybe, after they die. Sounds like spiritual matters strained through the damned alright.

It's a death cult. I can even quote these believers pov @ Paul's "absent from the body = present with the lord," you were here for that. It is a widely held position, that Paul was suicidal, basically, or at least craved death in order to "be with the Lord."

"I am God of the living..." is speaking to you, if you believe that

Whenever I see that someone is saved in the present tense I take it spiritually, they believe in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of their sins and they have received the Holy Spirit. They may approach God's throne confidently. Instead of being spiritually dead they have a foot in the door to heaven.

I believe having one's name written in the book of life is more than a word on a page, it is your spirit in the presence of God. Hence even though you have some sanctification still on earth before your soul is saved, your spirit is already saved. At the resurrection your body is saved too. Then we are saved body, soul, and spirit.

Reactions: Josho and Helen

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Whenever I see that someone is saved in the present tense I take it spiritually, they believe in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of their sins and they have received the Holy Spirit. They may approach God's throne confidently. Instead of being spiritually dead they have a foot in the door to heaven.

I believe having one's name written in the book of life is more than a word on a page, it is your spirit in the presence of God. Hence even though you have some sanctification still on earth before your soul is saved, your spirit is already saved. At the resurrection your body is saved too. Then we are saved body, soul, and spirit.

A foot in the door to heaven? You are either in heaven or in hell. You are either in the LIGHT or in darkness. You cannot have a foot in the door to heaven (LIGHT) and still be outside the door in darkness.

The resurrection is not some physical event that will happen in future. It is a PROCESS which happens every time a person is spiritually taken out of darkness and into the light. It is a process which happens every time a person is spiritually taken out of spiritual death into spiritual life. It happens to all at different times through all eternity just like physical birth happens to all at different times through eternity. It is not a one time event which happens to everyone at the same day and same time.
Jesus IS the resurrection.
Jesus is the LIGHT ( revelation)
Is Jesus some event that will happen in future or do all who live in the LIGHT ( revelation) already live and abide in the resurrection and Life?
If you already abide in the Resurrection and Life there is absolutely no need to be waiting for some physical resurrection in future or some physical person to arrive in physical clouds at any time.
Only spiritually dead people need to be resurrected to LIFE. Spiritually Living people don't need to be resurrected since they are already alive for all eternity. Physically dead people will never be physically resurrected. Physical bodies return to dust and remain as dust for all eternity.

Your body of flesh is saved and sinless as soon as you allow Christ in you to take it over by following his example in the flesh, instead of being controlled by your own lusts. James 1:14-15

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Josho, I apologize for not being able respond to your post in the manner I should. There is so much I could say to you, but yesterday, my daughters husband OD on heroin. Today, after my grandson comes home from the mountains, we get to tell a nine year old about his father. They were very close. His father was thirty and had been clean for a while now. A couple of recent failures sent him to use just once more. It was the last time. Do NOT ever entertain thoughts of checking out. If God has you here, He has you here because He needs you here.

Mercy, Josho. Have you ever considered you have the gift? We all need mercy but it seems a mercy giver has been given a grander measure of mercy by the spirit. For Gods purposes.

What is the spiritual gift of mercy?

Sorry if my 1st response to you was a bit rude or offensive, you are going through a tough time, and I couldn't have picked a worse time to share the worse of my negative thoughts about my life, it can be easy for me to think like that when I get stressed and worried over little things. Please forgive me.

I will continue to pray for you, your family and your daughters family.