Is it right to be personally targetting each other?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry if my 1st response to you was a bit rude or offensive, you are going through a tough time, and I couldn't have picked a worse time to share the worse of my negative thoughts about my life, it can be easy for me to think like that when I get stressed and worried over little things. Please forgive me.

I will continue to pray for you, your family and your daughters family.

There is no need for you to apologize. Yes, it is sad but I have seen the presence of God more over the past couple of days then I ever have. We are indeed blessed and our sadness and grief has been turned to awe of God's help.

Reactions: bbyrd009

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
ok and why would you identify yourself with the Church at Philippi, i guess is the next question.

I don't, but it is scripture, and the Truth is no different for them or us.

Love always hopes and faith is evidence of things hoped for. Paul set a good example for us.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wasn't sure last night if I was coming back here today. For the very reason of the OP
I now guess by the amount of name calling, belittling, and brow beating posts by some....that the motto of the site is not " Let everything be done decently and in order" or " be kindly and affectionate to one another" ....but a free for all , with some members using the site as a platform for undercutting and condemning the beliefs of others.
Maybe the vision for this Site is just for a 'good post count,' quantity over quality......and not for encouraging each other and discussing the things of God as we all walk this Christian path. When I first came here I thought that was what it was about.....but sadly I see very few who are standing for that. But praise God for the few.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stan B and Job

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Good post, but I reckon there is a certain point, when people just start making others feel bad, when people are slamming them for that wrong they did and they start throwing in insults directed at that person, but it's not just when someone was wrong, it also happens when someone is right, someone is talking truth, someone is doing a good deed, and then maybe a thousand people start attacking some preacher on the internet on their own post, or attacking some other individual who is truly a Christian, and when you go read all the comments, they are all negative...... I see it far too much. Should someone have to put up with that sort of stuff? Then there are other times when people keep bringing up someone else's past, that they have repented for and they continually slam them for something that has been forgiven.

I am thin skinned at times, and when I get put into a corner like that, even if it's just some little thing at work or anywhere, it could even be myself putting me in that position, my thinking turns negative, i start worrying lots, doubting myself, putting myself down, questioning myself "Am I even any good?", "Am I good at anything?", then it moves on to worser thoughts, like putting a gun to my head, I know I don't want to kill myself, but yes there are moments when i feel like putting a gun to my head. And that's why i reckon we gotta be very careful in the way we use our mouth towards others, because some do have it worse than me, and it's sad, it can be damaging.

The verbal abuse that flows from people posting here is convicting. We convict ourselves with out own mouths when we verbally abuse others. It's truly embarrassing, and yet it continues because we're not ready to receive the gift of repentance. We still want to justify ourselves to others.

It's ironic how the words of others which are so hurtful only seem to spur us to retaliate in the same manner. It reveals the reality which is that we're not saved at all, but immersed in our own private hell which we want to share with anyone who will listen.

They say, you should treat people online the same way you would treat people in person, but when someone walks up to you in person and begins ranting and raving like people do online, the normal response is to walk away, or perhaps even run, but when it happens online, we engage them thinking we're safe from their insanity. The fact is that we're giving life to the insanity in our own heart.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verbal abuse that flows from people posting here is convicting. We convict ourselves with out own mouths when we verbally abuse others. It's truly embarrassing, and yet it continues because we're not ready to receive the gift of repentance. We still want to justify ourselves to others.

It's ironic how the words of others which are so hurtful only seem to spur us to retaliate in the same manner. It reveals the reality which is that we're not saved at all, but immersed in our own private hell which we want to share with anyone who will listen.

They say, you should treat people online the same way you would treat people in person, but when someone walks up to you in person and begins ranting and raving like people do online, the normal response is to walk away, or perhaps even run, but when it happens online, we engage them thinking we're safe from their insanity. The fact is that we're giving life to the insanity in our own heart.

oh golly. Just brings me to tears. What a touchy feely sentiment. What bs.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

word.

So much easier to accuse of sin than to forgive huh
somethingsomething overlook a matter i tink it is...
Proverbs 19:11 Lexicon: A man's discretion makes him slow to anger, And it is his glory to overlook a transgression.

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I now guess by the amount of name calling, belittling, and brow beating posts by some....that the motto of the site is not " Let everything be done decently and in order" or " be kindly and affectionate to one another" ....but a free for all , with some members using the site as a platform for undercutting and condemning the beliefs of others
well hey doncha get a good dose of the first two, with an ignore button tossed in for the others, just like irl? No one makes us peering in here either, right
which i now cant find, hmm. Its in there tho. looking in on sin? as in don't. hmm well dang
found this tho,
1 John 5:16 Lexicon: If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask and God will for him give life to those who commit sin not leading to death. There is a sin leading to death; I do not say that he should make request for this.
but what is xlated "ask" here is often xlated "pray" elsewhere, and the link should be consulted at that term for more; this root is not used in the sense of asking the sinner, apparently.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ok well we have an ignore button for that i guess, being as how you nor i are not the arbiters there right

I still miss Job, and often think of him when on the games , especially the one " Last one to posts wins"...sigh...good days.

I really do wonder how many people have left this site because of being sideswiped and or battered in a post.

I almost did twice back in the earlier days...but have since grown a thicker skin...Job's skin was thin. Most came from being a native Indian I am sure. ( If I remember rightly his real name was Gary ? )

Missing him :(

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I still miss Job, and often think of him when on the games , especially the one " Last one to posts wins"...sigh...good days.

I really do wonder how many people have left this site because of being sideswiped and or battered in a post.

I almost did twice back in the earlier days...but have since grown a thicker skin...Job's skin was thin. Most came from being a native Indian I am sure. ( If I remember rightly his real name was Gary ? )

Missing him :(
i liked him too, even if i often did not agree with him. I'm sure he will find that his prob is in the mirror too, and might even be back, who knows? His Ignore button worked just fine too tho, right. Tried contacting him through his profile page?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
found this tho,
1 John 5:16 Lexicon: If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask and God will for him give life to those who commit sin not leading to death. There is a sin leading to death; I do not say that he should make request for this.
but what is xlated "ask" here is often xlated "pray" elsewhere, and the link should be consulted at that term for more; this root is not used in the sense of asking the sinner, apparently.

I find it a very strange verse. It sound very harsh. Which is strange because I equate John as the love books...

To me, while there is still life and breath there is always hope...therefore however bad it looks for someone I could never stop praying for them.

I'm reminded of King David when his baby was sick , he never stopped praying that God would spare him...only after it died did David arise and worship.

Abraham didn't give up easily on Sodom either....

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i liked him too, even if i often did not agree with him. I'm sure he will find that his prob is in the mirror too, and might even be back, who knows? His Ignore button worked just fine too tho, right. Tried contacting him through his profile page?

Oh yes at first I wrote to him often...then not so much, as he didn't ever answer other than the once. I haven't tried for over a year now...and have no Facebook link with him either...

God bless him , I hope he found happiness... ( which probably includes a new wife )

Reactions: Nancy and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I find it a very strange verse. It sound very harsh. Which is strange because I equate John as the love books...
John is not synoptic, written quite a bit later i guess, and the Abarim have some good reflections there imo. As for the v, im sure the first reading is um not the best reading
To me, while there is still life and breath there is always hope...therefore however bad it looks for someone I could never stop praying for them.

I'm reminded of King David when his baby was sick , he never stopped praying that God would spare him...only after it died did David arise and worship.

Abraham didn't give up easily on Sodom either....
ergo our def of "sin leading to death" is surely whacked; and while i'm not interested in giving mine here right now, i suggest that Death is meant spiritually and not literally there
Oh yes at first I wrote to him often...then not so much, as he didn't ever answer other than the once. I haven't tried for over a year now...and have no Facebook link with him either...

God bless him , I hope he found happiness... ( which probably includes a new wife )
ha ya, happiness and a new wife narf, prolly just ezackly what Yah ordered for him lol
IMG_0384.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So with what I see on this forum, this is an issue that needs to be brought up to the surface, so this is why i created this thread.

We see Christian's brothers & sisters verbally bashing each other way too much, personally targeting each other, verbally attacking each other, throwing insults at each other, Christians are making an argument out of nearly everything, we got extremes on each side. Is it morally right for us Christians to be acting in such a way?

I have my views on this, what are yours?

I personally believe it's damaging to brothers & sisters in Christ, and creates further division. Rather than beating someone down, we should encourage & build up, our mates, brothers, sisters, etc. and give them a good word.

;)
no it is not right i have disagreed in post and was attacked called nam insults of being stupid.. yes i have replied back i can disagree respectfully and i can us sarcasm rather well . i had rather have a adult discussion in disagreement using scripture . i was booted out in another forum by the admin/owner because i disagreed with him on water baptism. so which ever direction the poster takes is up to them

Reactions: Nancy

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
no it is not right i have disagreed in post and was attacked called nam insults of being stupid.. yes i have replied back i can disagree respectfully and i can us sarcasm rather well . i had rather have a adult discussion in disagreement using scripture . i was booted out in another forum by the admin/owner because i disagreed with him on water baptism. so which ever direction the poster takes is up to them

I wouldn't take it 2 heart man, I got kicked off facebook even just for preaching the bible, bible says the word is a discerner of the spirits, all this does is expose them, Jesus said they will not have a love for the truth in the last days!! just let the word do its job and separate the wheat from the tears!!