Is it unreasonable to expect me to be impartial?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lilzachjazz

Dec 31, 2007
Hi,As you can all see I'm new to this forum, (although i have been lurking for a while) so i don't even know if this is the right place to post this. Here goes. I am currently studying to be a youth pastor/christian youth worker, my degree is youth and community services with contemporary theology. Anyhow, i have been given a placement in a youth club (non Christian) and have been told that i must be impartial and never give any advice to the kids based on my Christian beliefs. I have tried but i just can't do it, I'm sat there listening to the most horrific stories and i know that the love of God would heal and lift these kids up, i have even been warned after i advised a young girl against the morning after pill. I just don't know what to do, i feel so lost. I know that God wants me to do youth work and that this is where he is guiding me but i feel like I'm at a standstill. Any advice? Anyone been though anything similar? I just can stand by and watch these kids fall when i know i could be guiding them in the right direction, or should I? HELP!

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
I don't think I could work at a place where I had to leave my Christianity at the door. I can totally appreciate why it would be difficult to refrain from giving the BEST solution to most problems (trusting in Jesus). I would find a new job where you can best use the knowledge God has given you. Or, figure out a way that you can give Godly advice without it sounding so Christian. How you'd do that, I don't know? On one hand, I'd say leave.. but on the other hand, you might be the only hope those kids have of hearing the truth. (the morning after pill kills babies). Tough situations like yours call for lots of prayer, which I will do for you. :pray4:

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(lilzachjazz;28439)
Hi,As you can all see I'm new to this forum, (although i have been lurking for a while) so i don't even know if this is the right place to post this. Here goes. I am currently studying to be a youth pastor/christian youth worker, my degree is youth and community services with contemporary theology. Anyhow, i have been given a placement in a youth club (non Christian) and have been told that i must be impartial and never give any advice to the kids based on my Christian beliefs. I have tried but i just can't do it, I'm sat there listening to the most horrific stories and i know that the love of God would heal and lift these kids up, i have even been warned after i advised a young girl against the morning after pill. I just don't know what to do, i feel so lost. I know that God wants me to do youth work and that this is where he is guiding me but i feel like I'm at a standstill. Any advice? Anyone been though anything similar? I just can stand by and watch these kids fall when i know i could be guiding them in the right direction, or should I? HELP!
Take my advice. Just leave, and let God show you a better place. If they like you and ask why you left, just say that they are too close-minded like the rest of the world. You are supposed to adapt to THEIR way of thinking but they can't tolerate yours. Then tell them you can't tolerate intolerance. Nothing like dishing back to these so-called "open-minded" liberals a taste of their own accusations. If their minds were any narrower, they could enter a room via the crack of the door.
biggrin.gif

lilzachjazz

Dec 31, 2007
Thanks you guys. I'm finding it really hard but i think I'm going to stick it out. I know that God has guided me here, I'm just going to be strong until i find the reason why.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think I could work at a place where I had to leave my Christianity at the door.
Agreed. That's never a healthy place to be, but there is a large unless to be said...If you feel that you're led to this spot, I dont mean just because you feel good about it for yourself - I mean Father YHVH has truly said for you to be there in no uncertain terms, then stay there, but always remember to pray for His will and His alone, and when it feels time to go, leave.