Is it wrong to use the services which support entities that seem bent on wickedness?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is it wrong to use the services which support entities bent on wickedness?

• Yes - I believe Christians should avoide such companies

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • It may be a sin to some but not to others depending on their conviction

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No - it's not wrong to use such companies

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Scoot

May 14, 2020
Victoria, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just curious as to people's thoughts on this.

As an example - Netflix has released cuties now, and seems unrepentant of supporting such media. Disney seems to also be on a SJW mission to spread lies to kids about sexuality.

Subscribing to such services means that we are in a way supporting and empowering them. Whether that's financially, or by other means such as influence. And the justification for doing so isn't that we need their services, just that they're convenient.

So I was just wondering whether or not it is wrong to use such services because in doing so - it is assisting them to further their goal? More importantly - I was wondering if their is any scripture that could be applied to this situation.

Of course the answer is that it is wrong - where is the line drawn, because we see more and more companies seeming to go from being business focused to world view focused?

(FWIW we dropped our subscriptions some time ago because of concerns with where the funds were going and the trash produced but don't hold a strong view on what others should do one way or the other - it's a personal conviction to us).

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good question. I have no answer because if we stopped supporting everything we would have to become hermits. The companies in stores can be worse than Disney+ and Netflix. Many companies in stores support LGBT and Abortion and they are pervasive. We all would have to raise animals, make clothes from them and make everything essential for living. There is nothing out there 100 percent without something we won't like.

Like my electric wheelchair, the parts are made from companies that support bad stuff like almost all companies and I will not give that up, my insurance is from California that definitively supports bad things but I need medical things. To stop supporting all bad things across the board imho is not attainable for many. So I am left with I have no answer and what to do.

Reactions: Josho

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just curious as to people's thoughts on this.

As an example - Netflix has released cuties now, and seems unrepentant of supporting such media. Disney seems to also be on a SJW mission to spread lies to kids about sexuality.

Subscribing to such services means that we are in a way supporting and empowering them. Whether that's financially, or by other means such as influence. And the justification for doing so isn't that we need their services, just that they're convenient.

So I was just wondering whether or not it is wrong to use such services because in doing so - it is assisting them to further their goal? More importantly - I was wondering if their is any scripture that could be applied to this situation.

Of course the answer is that it is wrong - where is the line drawn, because we see more and more companies seeming to go from being business focused to world view focused?

(FWIW we dropped our subscriptions some time ago because of concerns with where the funds were going and the trash produced but don't hold a strong view on what others should do one way or the other - it's a personal conviction to us).
It's a case-by-case thing.

Large companies are involved in MANY things, some bad, some good, a lot neutral.

Rather than trying to tango with the whole big corporate elephant, I find it much more logical and productive to be move focused & targeted in things. If you dislike Cuties (for incredibly obvious reasons), then focus on Cuties and that court case. Focus.

Reactions: historyb

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dropped Netflix when they made the Obama deal. But honestly, it's like trying to bale the ocean out with a teaspoon. This world is extremely wicked and God is soon going to terminate it!