Is Jesus God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Jesus God?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I wish someone would cite ONE power which Jesus exercised, that is not available to man?!?

Otherwise, everything that Jesus did was as a man, and equally within the grasp of each of us.

BibleScribe
John 10:17-18 (NKJV)
17 Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. 18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Jesus alone was sinless.

He gives eternal life.

John 10:27-28 (NKJV)
27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
LOL, -- still no answer?

DB, I think you're playing the "fully GOD" defense. :)
The evidence is overwhelming.

Isaiah 9:6-7 (NKJV)
6 For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of His government and peace There will be no end, Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, To order it and establish it with judgment and justice From that time forward, even forever.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
It's ok with me that you hold your arguments, for who among us is perfected? But honesty would have answered the question.
What other child born a Son, called Mighty God, everlasting Father, with an eternal Kingdom exists other than Jesus? It must be Jesus.

If this isn't Jesus then Who is it? :

Jeremiah 17:10 (NKJV)
10 I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
If Jesus is God that answers the question.

Jeremiah 17:10 (NKJV)
10 I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings.

NicholasMarks

Aug 23, 2011
All:

It is a shame that we are chasing our own tails on a Christain principal when our teacher tells us to walk the straight and righteous path.

If this point under discussion hasn't hit home yet, it will. Revelation reveals how Jesus comes into the authority that Duckybill quotes from his truthful Biblical sources but that isn't, quite, yet. The 'great tribulation' will separate those who ignore righteousness from those who worship it and it just so happens that those who desire wholesome and healthy lifestyles, for everyone, will have the right material to 'passover' that diificult period. It is a battle between the 'givers' and the 'takers' and it will culminate into the Great Judgment when every goodness will be weighed against every badness...according to righteous laws. Our task now is to concentrate on strengthening that inner, righteous spirit so that we have endurance and Almighty God on our side.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
ALL:

Jesus Christ and Almighty God are one in the sense that they have both followed the same path of righteousness. Jesus…here, on planet Earth, and Almighty God, in Heaven. They are both in receipt of a wonderful status induced by their sinlessness and that Is, an everlasting, spirit, of an omnipotent disposition and they hold the highest authority over the whole universe, in which, there are many mansions.
Jesus followed a path that Almighty God had already pioneered and though Jesus became like God he said that he wouldn’t challenge his father’s authority who remained, the One, True, God.
The whole New Testament tells us these things, just as John 15, 16, 17 does…Both beings are one in righteousness but two in spirit.
This is important because we can all follow Jesus if we desire a righteous world but no one can follow Almighty God unless they are without sin and introduced to God by Jesus’ accurate word…or…put another way…no one comes to the father unless it is through Jesus’ accurate teaching..

God is Spirit. The very Spirit that was in Christ and in heaven and everywhere else all at the same time.

NicholasMarks

Aug 23, 2011
God is Spirit. The very Spirit that was in Christ and in heaven and everywhere else all at the same time.

At last...something I can fully agree with. We too have a spirit if we harness it in the way Jesus taught us. It too can have an everlasting presence in Almighty God's eternal structure of things. It too can be the balm that soothes and calms our genetic sores and it too will worship Jesus Christ as the deliverer of the science that bestows these things upon us...under the Authority of Almighty God.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Nicholas,

Ducky does not understand God Manifestation and therefore is blind to the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. He will randomly quote passages without conveying an understanding. He speaks at the Word, but knows not how to open it...(Psa 119:130) is foreign to him. In my experience he has only ever taken a literal approach to the Bible and while I have waited for him to expound a divine principle, he simply cannot.

If you go through his posts you will see he is characterised by "copy and paste". He is profecient in using the bold and increase text size but after that his limitations become very clear. If you are prepared to do this
fencing.gif
for the your remaining years, well I write this to inform you of the facts.

Ducky will not listen to one word you write even if it is pure truth.

But continue if you must.

I do.
frusty.gif

Could the God of 1 Tim 6:16 dwell in something considered by Himself as sin 2 Cor 5:21 Rom 8:3 Heb 2:14,15

Could God have death reigning / dominion over Him? Rom 6:9

Could God be tempted with evil? Heb 4:15 cpm James 1:13

Could God die? 1 Tim 6:16 (alone hath immortality)

Could God obey Himself? Pray to Himself? Heb 5:7

The Trinity cannot be resolved with the Bible - one must go the Greek Metaphysics to solve this puzzle.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The giving of the Isaiah 7 prophecy about Immanuel, and its fulfillment of it per Matthew 1:23 established that Jesus of Nazareth was The Christ, Immanuel God with us, born in the flesh. No further arguments needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.