Is Jesus God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Jesus God?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NicholasMarks

Aug 23, 2011
Duckybill:

Almighty God is the omnipotent being, spoken of in your Biblical quote.

One can imagine the early Christians asking the self appointed priests who gave birth to Roman Christianity about these two righteous beings and as a measure of expediency these userper priests, chose to amalgamate them in a way which made it easier for them to deal with and answer questions that they didn't really understand ...As the message proceded down the generations the error took on a life of its own. But that is no excuse for a modern student of Jesus' accurate teaching not reading exactly what Jesus said about his father and who, himself, imitated God's laws to perfection.

Jesus was the 'word' made flesh, and we must all follow that word accurately because within his teaching, and only within his teaching, is salvation.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Duckybill:
Almighty God is the omnipotent being, spoken of in your Biblical quote.
True indeed. It is speaking of Jesus/God.
Jesus was the 'word' made flesh, and we must all follow that word accurately because within his teaching, and only within his teaching, is salvation.
Jesus is indeed God, the Creator.

John 1 The Word was God. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

NicholasMarks

Aug 23, 2011
Duckybill:

In the beginning was the word and the word was with God. And the word was God...and the word of God was the light of the world.

Almighty God knows all things about the universe...all laws that control the universe and all laws that control the behaviour of all mankind. This is the 'word'.
God needed someone to deliver this knowledge to planet Earth and he chose Jesus...knowing that evil forces would gang up against him and slay him. This wasn't their greatest concern because the word, made flesh, would be etched in the fabric of life for ever more and part of that teaching would be that a righteous spirit is indestructable. Because Jesus undertook this very important role he was declared Son of God...the second highest authority in the whole universe...after Almighty God himself. He is the sole intercedent between man and God and no one comes to his father unless it is through Jesus.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
And the word was God...and the word of God was the light of the world.
Speaking of Jesus.

John 1:14 (NKJV)
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

NicholasMarks

Aug 23, 2011
Duckybill:

I have no intentions of carrying this on with you. I only suggest you read your New Testiment with the realisation that every detail in the teaching of Jesus Christ within the Gospels is very important.and needs to be read with an open mind. The 'word' made flesh, is the first fruits which encompasses a wonderful knowledge...a knowledge far more advanced than we are, even today. Jesus says it is the way, the truth and the life, and by proper interpretation releases us from all the problems that is bogging the world down today.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Duckybill:

I have no intentions of carrying this on with you. I only suggest you read your New Testiment with the realisation that every detail in the teaching of Jesus Christ within the Gospels is very important.and needs to be read with an open mind. The 'word' made flesh, is the first fruits which encompasses a wonderful knowledge...a knowledge far more advanced than we are, even today. Jesus says it is the way, the truth and the life, and by proper interpretation releases us from all the problems that is bogging the world down today.
John 1 The Word was God.

NicholasMarks

Aug 23, 2011
Duckybill:

The 'word' is indeed God. The science of righteousness delivers an everlasting, omnipotent, spirit, of which, both Jesus Christ, and Almighty God are. Jesus made it clear he was sinless and was following God's path of righteousness and in death became Godlike and was, therefore, resurrected.

We have that same science available to us...but not unless we follow Jesus Christ accurately, as Jesus followed Almighty God accurately. Being an omnipotent spirit means that they are made of the same 'dynamic energy', that the entire mass within the universe is made from and therefore every behaviour of every atom and every thought of every person is an echo of their spiritual bodies. But Jesus wouldn't accept equal status with his father. He stood back giving absolute authority to Almighty God.

Don't take my word for it...read what Jesus says and make a start in preparing yourself for the 'great tribulation' that Jesus tells us will hit the Earth separating those with a strong righteous spirit from those who havent bothered.

NicholasMarks

Aug 23, 2011
Duckybill:

it is plain that we differ on this point. In my Holy Bible Almighty God owns the 'word' which is the entire manuscript on all universal laws...(the light of the world) and Jesus delivered that word to us in a way we could understand it. A message which has overpowered every generation up to this present day. History tells us that userpers have snatched God's written word out of the hands of those who kept the resurrection alive and, for reasons of iniquity, altered it a little. Today the remnant userpers (iniquity) still wield a mighty sword. It is essential we get our facts right.

Any doubts on any Christian point demands that we go back to what Jesus told us. It is clear that Jesus loved his father and had the highest respect for him, leading us to show the same respect to God that he did...with the one distinct difference.

..."No one comes to the father unless it is through me". Through me, can only mean, as Jesus taught it and this relationship in trust, faith and obedience, is what is required of us. Quietly, calmly and with a desire to learn the accurate truth even if our most sanctified views are challenged by it..

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
There is much Biblical evidence that point to Jesus/God.

Isaiah 9:6-7 (NKJV)
6 For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.7 Of the increase of His government and peace There will be no end, Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, To order it and establish it with judgment and justice From that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
The whole idea of redemption is that Jesus must be both fully God and fully man.

Jesus, being fully God, took on flesh, and became fully man. A man, having the fulness of God in him, walked in a way that pleased God to the uttmost. Our hope then, is that us being men, can we filled with the Spirit of God, and by his work, we can walk in a way most pleasing to God, and actually be like him.

That is the very essence of the hope of the Gospel. On the one hand, if Jesus is not fully God, then there is no power to be like God that can flow from him. On the other hand, if Jesus did not overcome being fully human, taking on the flesh, there is no hope for us, being human, to be conformed to him.

But he is our example; the fulness of God dwelling in a man. To this we are called.

NicholasMarks

Aug 23, 2011
Duckybill/Prentis:

I don't dispute the point you make one iota...Jesus Christ has a Godly title...'Son of God'. He is the second in command over the entire universe under the authority of his father and when he claims his high office over all mankind he will be all the things that your passages in Isaiah state. But that wont detach from the fact that Jesus has a God and it is this God who organised our salvation with Jesus. My understanding is that Jesus re-enacted, here, on planet Earth, a path that Almighty God had trodden before Jesus, in Heaven, when he hoofed all evil out of his domain...this is why we can have absolute faith in Jesus' 'path of righteousness'. It will succeed because it has, previously. But we should slowly, peacefully, quietly and calmly get to know our saviours in an accurate way by pausing over the Gospels and digest what Jesus told us.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Duckybill/Prentis:

I don't dispute the point you make one iota...Jesus Christ has a Godly title...'Son of God'.
You missed the point. Jesus is God.

John 5:18 (NKJV)
18 Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.

Only God is "equal with God".

NicholasMarks

Aug 23, 2011
Duckybill:

Your passage isn't about how God saw things it is how the Jews saw things. The Son of God is a title like Almighty God is a title. There is hardly any difference except that they identify two separate beings with identicle thinking.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Duckybill:

Your passage isn't about how God saw things it is how the Jews saw things.
Doesn't say that at all. It was John who said Jesus was making Himself equal with God.
The Son of God is a title like Almighty God is a title.
Yes indeed.
There is hardly any difference except that they identify two separate beings with identicle thinking.
Only God has "identicle thinking" with God.

Jesus/God in the OT:

Jeremiah 17:10 (NKJV)
10 I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings.

NicholasMarks

Aug 23, 2011
Because I have known that Jesus Christ is the Son of God for some time I find it difficult to believe that anyone charged with examining what Jesus actually said about his father is unacceptble to a Christian. Jesus bore witness of his father and his father bore witness of Jesus Christ. No one can bear witness of themselves in an acceptable way.There was no duplicity, it is accurately detailed in the Holy Bible...in the Gospels.

There is a way of confusing things because others of good repute accept them without question even though they aren't supported by Jesus' teaching. Remember...the people who set this thought in motion are charged with iniquity because their entire history is riddled with their deceit in God's name. Re-examine your Bible and the Holy Spirit will do the rest.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Jesus/God in the OT:

10 I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Jesus/God in the OT:

Hey Ducky, I'm wondering what you're referring to. Of course, as you know, I believe as you, that Jesus is God clothed in the flesh. Where though, I'm wondering, do you see that in the scripture you posted? I'm curious, it seems you see something I don't see. :)

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Hey Ducky, I'm wondering what you're referring to. Of course, as you know, I believe as you, that Jesus is God clothed in the flesh. Where though, I'm wondering, do you see that in the scripture you posted? I'm curious, it seems you see something I don't see. :)
Glad you noticed. I'm waiting for them to challenge that Jeremiah was referring to Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.