Is Jesus God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Jesus God?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
That is correct he could not be tempted by evil because He was God.

Apparently you either missed what I said or quoted me by mistake. What I said was...(Read slowly if necessary)

There is a big difference between being tempted and succumbing TO temptation. Christ was indeed tempted. He did not succumb.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
Well sorry for my misunderstanding, for once, i am actually in agreement with you on something :) see, we can get along after all. Of course He cast aside that part of His nature to become flesh, how else were His people to relate to Him? If the people that saw Him speak understood that He was God, there would have be no reason for His death on the cross. That is the very reason we have debates like this one here, so that we may discern the truth. One reason that I dislike using any form of text for communication, is often times we are unable to express EXACTLY what we are trying to say. I know that there are a few that are able to do this, but that isn't a gift that everyone has received.

Hi Israelsson,

I hope the saints are perfected both in this Topic and in other Topics. :)

That is correct he could not be tempted by evil because He was God.

Hi us2are1,

I hope you will heed the advice of THE Gypsy and others, in the obedience to Scripture:

Hebrews 2:18

New King James Version (NKJV)

[sup]18[/sup] For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.

BibleScribe

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Hi us2are1,

I hope you will heed the advice of THE Gypsy and others, in the obedience to Scripture:

Hebrews 2:18

New King James Version (NKJV)

[sup]18[/sup] For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.

BibleScribe

I will continue in the Spirit of Truth.

Just as they tried to tempt Christ, our example, and failed: so you should follow His example and be imitators of God as dear children.

Ephesians 4,5
31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.
32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you.
1 Therefore be imitators of God as dear children.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
I will continue in the Spirit of Truth.

Just as they tried to tempt Christ, our example, and failed: so you should follow His example and be imitators of God as dear children.

Ephesians 4,5
31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.
32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you.
1 Therefore be imitators of God as dear children.

"They" did not "try to tempt Christ"...He WAS tempted, however he did not give in to that temptation. Thus we have an example of US having the power to overcome.

I do believe I'm getting the picture, though...From what you have said, it appears you do not believe Jesus was God.

Reactions: BibleScribe

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
"They" did not "try to tempt Christ"...He WAS tempted, however he did not give in to that temptation. Thus we have an example of US having the power to overcome.

I do believe I'm getting the picture, though...From what you have said, it appears you do not believe Jesus was God.
Of course Christ is God was God and will always be God.

Colossians 1
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

1 Timothy 3
16 ----------- God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by messengers, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

They did try to tempt Christ with evil and like you said He did not give in to that temptation.

Because God can not be tempted by evil

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA

To All,

What "THE Gypsy" has written is the most significant aspect of Jesus' ministry to mankind. He was sent to bear our burdens, pay our penalty, and become our Saviour. This was not done by anything greater than the limitations of humanity, from Adam forward. And satan cannot argue that Jesus "cheated".

Thank you, THE Gypsy, for piercing the fog of religion and delivering the TRUTH of Scripture.

BibleScribe :)

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
To All,

What "THE Gypsy" has written is the most significant aspect of Jesus' ministry to mankind. He was sent to bear our burdens, pay our penalty, and become our Saviour. This was not done by anything greater than the limitations of humanity, from Adam forward. And satan cannot argue that Jesus "cheated".

Thank you, THE Gypsy, for piercing the fog of religion and delivering the TRUTH of Scripture.

BibleScribe :)
Thickening the fog of deception does not brighten a lie. Christ was tempted by evil men constantly as He still is today. But He still hasn't given in to it and neither has those who are strong in His Spirit. Because God is Spirit and those who worship Him must worship in Spirit and in Truth. It took a perfect Lamb for the sacrifice and that is why Christ was not conceived in Lust and born of a virgin birth. No one has ever thought that God and Christ cheated except the devil. God did it His way and it is the only way you can be saved. Every one who will be saved will get with His program.

You can not make God the Lord of your Life because you do not have any life in you until you enter into the Life that is in Christ.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Ummmmmmm, I think the temptations are done with, and Jesus won.

Are you from another planet?!? :D

BibleScribe

If you are walking in His Spirit then you and His spirit are being tempted with all the false doctrines spewing out of the mouth of the Messengers of evil daily.

Matthew 25
40 And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.'

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
If you are walking in His Spirit then you and His spirit are being tempted ...

Ummmmmmm, no. Jesus defeated sin. Certainly we haven't and we ARE tempted. But to accrue temptation to Jesus who obtained victory over SIN and DEATH is nonsense.

To All,

Some argue for the TRUTH of GOD's Word. Others argue empty doctrines. I vote for the former. :D

BibleScribe

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Ummmmmmm, no. Jesus defeated sin. Certainly we haven't and we ARE tempted. But to accrue temptation to Jesus who obtained victory over SIN and DEATH is nonsense.

To All,

Some argue for the TRUTH of GOD's Word. Others argue empty doctrines. I vote for the former. :D

BibleScribe
Sounds like you have bought into the do as you please under the cloak of grace gospel?

Here is a little bible lesson from Paul in his letters to the Romans.

Romans 8
1.There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Romans 6
1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?
2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?

Romans 13
14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.

Israelsson

Israelsson
Sep 18, 2011
Down here in Satan's kingdom (Earth)
This is letting us know that there are those that choose to walk in the way of the world, and those that walk in the way of Christ. By doing so, we are not condemned to a spiritual death. That isn't conveying any message of temptation to me at all. When one is baptized, and repent, and apply their lives to doing the will of God(which would be KEEPING the law, not discarding it because some 'reverend' told you it was 'nailed to the cross'.

"Now what may we say? Shall we continue in fault that favor would be greater? 2 Certainly not! We who have died in guilt, how still can we live in it? 3 Or are you ignorant that as long as we are immersed in Christ Yahshua, into His death we are immersed?" Romans 6 1:2 Christogenea New Testament

Again, Paul is talking about how a follower of Christ 'dies' to the world through their guilt. Guilt of what you ask? Guilt of sin, Paul was a Pharisee at one time, until He was stricken with blindness while on the road to Damascus. And as long as you immerse yourself in Him, you will be dead to the world, because He lifts you up above the evil down here in Satans kingdom.

Romans 13:14 is also yet another teaching against lusts of the flesh, falling into the worldly trappings and allowing them to take precedence over Yahshua Christ.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Everyone on earth was born and raised in their worldly trappings. The question is how do you recognize what they are, break free of them and leave them behind.

The answer to that question is "Ask God for His Spirit". Keep asking even after you think that you have Him. He will take you ever deeper and lead you into all truth until the world is all gone.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Everyone on earth was born and raised in their worldly trappings. The question is how do you recognize what they are, break free of them and leave them behind.

The answer to that question is "Ask God for His Spirit". Keep asking even after you think that you have Him. He will take you ever deeper and lead you into all truth until the world is all gone.

You see unless God is working with a person's mind he or she will never ask because the natural mind is hostile to God and His ways.

Romans 8:7-8 (KJV)
[sup]7 [/sup]Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
[sup]8 [/sup]So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

John 6:44-45 (GW)
[sup]44 [/sup]People cannot come to me unless the Father who sent me brings them to me. I will bring these people back to life on the last day.
[sup]45 [/sup]The prophets wrote, ‘God will teach everyone.' Those who do what they have learned from the Father come to me.

So you see it was not your goodness that caused you to repent it was God's......He caused you to repent.

Romans 2:4 (ASV)
[sup]4 [/sup]Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

2 Timothy 2:25-26 (ESV)
[sup]25 [/sup]correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth,
[sup]26 [/sup]and they may escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
You see unless God is working with a person's mind he or she will never ask because the natural mind is hostile to God and His ways.

So you see it was not your goodness that caused you to repent it was God's......He caused you to repent.

Excellent word and totally true. It never hurts anyone to plant the seeds of truth. If twenty people see the words encouraging them to ask God for His Spirit and one does it. It is indeed God who has brought forth the harvest as well as the workers in the field.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
One can only see Jesus Christ as God in the true understanding of the trinity as any other way is just getting off track and then it just comes across as being silly.
But Satan has blinded people to the truth of the trinity through puffed up men claiming to be smart by leading those astray who are on milk. i have seen their works, trying to delude and corrupt.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Excellent word and totally true. It never hurts anyone to plant the seeds of truth. If twenty people see the words encouraging them to ask God for His Spirit and one does it. It is indeed God who has brought forth the harvest as well as the workers in the field.

A Christian's responsibility is that they present the message and let God do the rest. If the individual or individuals is not interested then (it could be that God is not calling them at this time) leave them and go about your business. The gospel is not about pressuring people to believe or repent.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
A Christian's responsibility is that they present the message and let God do the rest. If the individual or individuals is not interested then (it could be that God is not calling them at this time) leave them and go about your business. The gospel is not about pressuring people to believe or repent.
The gospel message for the end time, When the Lords two witnesses begin their ministry, Will be "repent and believe the gospel or die". It will be the transition into the Kingdom of God and grace will end for everyone outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.