Is Jesus God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
1G>> what are you threading about?????????? is that why the jews wanted to stone Jesus??

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My>>Goodness is it that hard?

It's very intro.
default_24.gif

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so I take that as you don't know?............... smile. let me state it again for clarity, question. Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John”. my question is this. In this verse 1, was it the one you calls the father, God, here is the one who sent his angel to John or was it the Lord Jesus, the Son who sent his angel. But before you answer, read Rev 22:6 first and then give your answer.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
It seems this forum or members can not say Why the Jews wanted to stone Jesus>> very>very Intro!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave you the answer, if different.... give it. and please answer my question.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job, he stalling for time to try in figure out my question.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job, he stalling for time to try in figure out my question.

I know he is. He's probably searching google looking for that answer.

I don't see him as very bright.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job, the first thing to do to a false prophet is to confuse them right off the bat. I gave him John 5:17 & 18 first. and then change the question, which relates to his stoning answer, which he would never see coming. this is how you deal with false prophets.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, I guess we want get an answer to the Revelation 1:1 question. good night.

but at least we know about the stoning, John 10:31-34 "Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.John 10:32 "Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?John 10:33 "The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God".

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK>> Why did the Jews want to stone GODJESUS? lets try it again!>> anyone ? there was just a few time but Why DID THEY WANT TO STONE HIM?
Seems like 101G answered your question. I have no problem with his answer... It is straight from the scripture and fully answers the question.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
A Lot of so called christ like people deny the trinity and that Christ is God! but this is nothing new! your thoughts first and then about when GodJesus came to Israel!>>ITs very Intro Like it happened Today!

a lot of these so called Christ like people believe the scriptures are above man made theology.

Reactions: Job

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
A hint >A puzzle>> The Jews wanted to stone Jesus For What and Why??>>very Intro.

ok i will take the bait!

why were the pharisees going to stone Jesus? they accused Him of blasphemy, first of all blasphemy is profaning the name which He did not do so the the blasphemy in question would be Jesus IMO accused of breaking a doctrine (not agreeing with a doctrine how ironic) and not a command from scripture. the blasphemy in question, for making Himself "theos"? so what does that mean? theos can mean the Most High or god. so which was Jesus claiming? He tells us in the same passage:
do you say of him whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?

if Jesus was claiming to be the Most High He would have said exactly that, He does not, He says "Son of" the Most High. Son of the Most High is not the Most High. are sons of the Most High gods, according to psalm 82 sons of the Most High are gods. Jesus even quotes this passage to His accusers when questioned about who He is.

the pharisees could have just as well been accusing Him of being a god like the gods mentioned in psalm 82. if however they were accusing Him of claiming to be the Most High, Jesus does not confirm this as He says "Son of" the Most High.

IMO its far more likely they were all talking about sons of the Most High as this interpretation fits both the accusers and the accused, not Most High as this interpretation only fits one side of the argument.