Is Jesus God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i dont get what your saying?
the Bible is the Law, not the Word, as we are trained to believe It is. And the Bible will even verify this, if it is not obvious to someone that Passover was God-Breathed but replacing it with Easter profanes It, or that if you tell someone else i gave you my word, they will assume that you physically heard me give my word.

Bible is made into Word so that Some Guy can interpret the Bible for you and insist that you must follow "the Word," after his sect has scribed it all up, and adjusted the commandments to suit themselves, etc. And you can study as faithfully as you like, get as close to the original as you can--i do--but that still does not render what you are reading into Word, which also cannot be debated, which should also be obvious. We debate Scripture precisely because It is not Word, none of us heard the Word that was written into the Book. Faith comes when something you have read gets "whispered into your ear" IRL, assuming that you got some hearing.

I either gave you my word or i did not, right. Now being as how i am not God, and i can already hear some...certain person commenting upon that, i might have to admit that my word was a lie later whereas God does not, will not have to do this, but that does not change the point, that being that hearing my word is necessary in order for you to witness that i gave my word--iow, i could not give you my word here in this post, because for all you know my gf has just discovered my password maybe, and if you were to have to relate to someone that i gave you my word in this manner, you would have to qualify it with, "well, at least the account repping as bbyrd009 gave me their word, i didn't actually hear him say it."

imo

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i dont get what your saying?

Nobody does.
default_whistling.gif

Reactions: Richard_oti

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Nobody does.
default_whistling.gif
ha i bet you your pastor does, and i even invited you to go and put what i am saying to the test with him, didn't i.
you talk like i made this up or something, when i just learned it myself, same way you are now.

In the beginning was the Bible, and the Bible was with God, and the Bible was God.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
see, what is really going on here is that i have just made a statement similar to saying "you do not need money to survive" to a bunch of bankers or whatever lol

the enemy understands the power of Word, see, and if Word can be diminished, the battle is mostly won

Last edited:

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
the Bible is the Law, not the Word, as we are trained to believe It is. And the Bible will even verify this, if it is not obvious to someone that Passover was God-Breathed but replacing it with Easter profanes It, or that if you tell someone else i gave you my word, they will assume that you physically heard me give my word.

Bible is made into Word so that Some Guy can interpret the Bible for you and insist that you must follow "the Word," after his sect has scribed it all up, and adjusted the commandments to suit themselves, etc. And you can study as faithfully as you like, get as close to the original as you can--i do--but that still does not render what you are reading into Word, which also cannot be debated, which should also be obvious. We debate Scripture precisely because It is not Word, none of us heard the Word that was written into the Book. Faith comes when something you have read gets "whispered into your ear" IRL, assuming that you got some hearing.

I either gave you my word or i did not, right. Now being as how i am not God, and i can already hear some...certain person commenting upon that, i might have to admit that my word was a lie later whereas God does not, will not have to do this, but that does not change the point, that being that hearing my word is necessary in order for you to witness that i gave my word--iow, i could not give you my word here in this post, because for all you know my gf has just discovered my password maybe, and if you were to have to relate to someone that i gave you my word in this manner, you would have to qualify it with, "well, at least the account repping as bbyrd009 gave me their word, i didn't actually hear him say it."

imo

i get what your saying. "the word" is kinda like all these "isms" we create to dodge whats right in front of us. the law, the word, what difference does it make, we IMO should obey what it says, and obey it the way the spirit leads us, not the way a group tells us.

if Jesus really was who He was, and we believe what He taught, there is no reason we should have to depend on church councils telling us what He taught, IMO we can all have divine revelation just the same as Paul and the 12. thats what Jesus taught His disciples, He never taught put your faith in man. in todays Christianity our faith falls apart the minute we discover another group things different than our group, rather than ask why they think different we attack and denounce them.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. the bible clearly states that JESUS/YESHUA is the only true God. not only in Genesis 1:1, John 1:1 and revelation 1:1 but again in Isaiah 6:1-4 which correspond clearly to John 12:41.
these are just a drop in the buck, (just to say), as to the deity of our Lord and saviour.
examine Isaiah 6:1-4 with John 12:41.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The book of Revelation,
one God, Jesus the Christ. many have believe that the Father and the son are two separate person. well are they?

Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty". but the opening of the Letter states, Revelation 1:4 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood".

Question, we know that rev 1:4 speak of one person. but what about Rev 1:8. the Alpha and Omega is the First and the Last, see Rev 22:13.

Now, many of the Jehovah believers must be confused, because the first and the Last is the Lord Jesus, (Rev 1:8). but the prophet Isaiah by the LORD (all caps) say he is the first and the Last, Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God".

Now, how can the one's who say Jehovah is not the son, (the Lord Jesus) reconcile this for us.

for the scriptures are clear.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
The book of Revelation,
one God, Jesus the Christ. many have believe that the Father and the son are two separate person. well are they?

Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty". but the opening of the Letter states, Revelation 1:4 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood".

Question, we know that rev 1:4 speak of one person. but what about Rev 1:8. the Alpha and Omega is the First and the Last, see Rev 22:13.

Now, many of the Jehovah believers must be confused, because the first and the Last is the Lord Jesus, (Rev 1:8). but the prophet Isaiah by the LORD (all caps) say he is the first and the Last, Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God".

Now, how can the one's who say Jehovah is not the son, (the Lord Jesus) reconcile this for us.

for the scriptures are clear.

who gave the revelation to Jesus?

Reactions: Richard_oti

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
who gave the revelation to Jesus?
I'm glad you asked that, GOD, and is not JESUS the ONLY GOD. listen, Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John".

now is this two person or one,

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Does belief in the trinity have an effect on salvation?

Lord spare us...another one of those silly attention getting people who just talk rubbish!!
I must admit...they do get drawn to this site. LOL
WHY does anyone even try to answer them when they make no sense at all ? :rolleyes:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 1:1, I Love this verse. it eliminates the JW quickly, and not the 3 persons believers .

jaybird said:
who gave the revelation to Jesus?.
I said, God, the Father who is the Son diversified in Flesh and bone. who is one person.

this is in reference to Post #51, who jaybird did not answer... (smile). so now I ask Jaybird to reconcile both questions. I'll be waiting.......... :D

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Revelation 1:1, I Love this verse. it eliminates the JW quickly, and not the 3 persons believers .

jaybird said:
who gave the revelation to Jesus?.
I said, God, the Father who is the Son diversified in Flesh and bone. who is one person.

this is in reference to Post #51, who jaybird did not answer... (smile). so now I ask Jaybird to reconcile both questions. I'll be waiting.......... :D
if one person gives something to another person, that would be two people.

and post #51 concerning the Alpha Omega statement. i really dont know. im not going to try and argue it because i havent spent a lot of time studying revo. revo IMO is different than other books, it uses lots of metaphors and symbolism. most passages call for interpretation whiuch means they can have multi meanings. its not a book i would go to when testing teachings, and if i was trying to establish a doctrine its the last book i would use.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if one person gives something to another person, that would be two people.
No, and ERROR on your Part. the Lord Jesus is the EQUAL SHARE of God in Flesh. the same person as Phil 2:6 states. the SHARE, not "a" share, but "the" SHARE is the SAME. so, Jaybird, is the Spirit of Christ a separate Spirit from the Spirit of God, notice the Capital "S" in Spirit listen, Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his". is this two Spirits separate yes or No, I'll be waiting for that answer.

next, same point, "if one person gives something to another person, that would be two people". two Person NO, another individual YES... (smile). listen, there are two Greek words that is our one English word "ANOTHER" listen to the definition. G243 G2087 ,allos heteros. each have a difference in meaning, which despite a tendency to be lost, is to be observed in numerous passages. Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort;" heteros expresses a qualitative difference and denotes "another of a different sort." sort here means NATURE. SAME Spirit, SHARED in "ANOTHER" form. now, to show you it perfectly. the Lord Jesus is the OFFSPRING of God, (Son of God). for the Holy Spirit conceived the body that he, (the Holy Spirit) shared himself in. now is Jesus God, YES, but you have two individuals. here G243 allos is expressed. now, I know you are going to say, it's two persons. well let's see. John 4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth". now Jaybird is the Spirit of Christ and the Spirit of God two Spirits.... Yes or No...please answer. Remember God is "a" meaning ONE, Spirit. I'll bve waiting for that answer.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
No, and ERROR on your Part. the Lord Jesus is the EQUAL SHARE of God in Flesh. the same person as Phil 2:6 states. the SHARE, not "a" share, but "the" SHARE is the SAME. so, Jaybird, is the Spirit of Christ a separate Spirit from the Spirit of God, notice the Capital "S" in Spirit listen, Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his". is this two Spirits separate yes or No, I'll be waiting for that answer.

next, same point, "if one person gives something to another person, that would be two people". two Person NO, another individual YES... (smile). listen, there are two Greek words that is our one English word "ANOTHER" listen to the definition. G243 G2087 ,allos heteros. each have a difference in meaning, which despite a tendency to be lost, is to be observed in numerous passages. Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort;" heteros expresses a qualitative difference and denotes "another of a different sort." sort here means NATURE. SAME Spirit, SHARED in "ANOTHER" form. now, to show you it perfectly. the Lord Jesus is the OFFSPRING of God, (Son of God). for the Holy Spirit conceived the body that he, (the Holy Spirit) shared himself in. now is Jesus God, YES, but you have two individuals. here G243 allos is expressed. now, I know you are going to say, it's two persons. well let's see. John 4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth". now Jaybird is the Spirit of Christ and the Spirit of God two Spirits.... Yes or No...please answer. Remember God is "a" meaning ONE, Spirit. I'll bve waiting for that answer.

what is the point in saying it was given to Him when according to the manmade theology it was never given to Him because He had it all along. sorry but it makes no sense at all.why not just accept what the scripture says. so what if the theology is wrong, mankind has been wrong about many things for a long time.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take this as you can't Answer the question? want to try an answer, instead of babbling about man made doctrine & theology. that was not the question, once more, is the Spirit of Christ and the Spirit of God the same PERSON yes or no. answer please.