Is Jesus the only Way?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is Jesus a minister of sin? Of course not. We seek then to enter into Him as our salvation from sin.

This is what Paul sought for...to win Christ. To cast off everything that He once thought had any value...to become as a fool...to suffer the loss of all things...to seek with all his heart and mind. To forsake his own life...ALL this to enter into Christ. To know the power of His cross and the power of His resurrection.

Now Paul walked in a show of supernatural power. He did many miracles. Yet even he wished to win Christ...even in the midst of miraculous power.

But people today think they have what Paul sought diligently for...without any seeking. Paul actually experienced miraculous power. He knew the hand of God. He knew of that walk in the keeping power of God...and desired to enter into that and remain there.

So then he knew also the high calling in Christ...which people today ignore because they think they have it already by reading about it in the bible.

We are to PUT ON Christ....after we have Jesus living in us as a free sample. We are vessels that need to be filled with Christ and His supernatural life. We are to put on His armour of light by entering into His place of abiding in Zion.

Easy? No way. It was Paul's life's mission. It is glorious in it's calling. The high calling IN Christ. So we are to walk IN Him.

Jesus said that the way to eternal life is very hard. Who believes Jesus today?

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, maybe i missed the example?
The one you quoted in #145 and this one
Anyhow if two Christians both claiming "The Lord spoke to me and told me ABC and XYZ" respectively, yet ABC and XYZ contradicted each other, where are you going to see which one is telling the truth? I go to Scripture,...

a rope of three cords is not easily broken
(all three must agree)
Yes.

Reactions: tzcho2

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Jesus a minister of sin? Of course not. We seek then to enter into Him as our salvation from sin.

This is what Paul sought for...to win Christ. To cast off everything that He once thought had any value...to become as a fool...to suffer the loss of all things...to seek with all his heart and mind. To forsake his own life...ALL this to enter into Christ. To know the power of His cross and the power of His resurrection.

Now Paul walked in a show of supernatural power. He did many miracles. Yet even he wished to win Christ...even in the midst of miraculous power.
and we know these things only through His written Word.
So then he knew also the high calling in Christ...which people today ignore because they think they have it already by reading about it in the bible.
examples of such people?
We are to PUT ON Christ....after we have Jesus living in us as a free sample. We are vessels that need to be filled with Christ and His supernatural life. We are to put on His armour of light by entering into His place of abiding in Zion.
Yes that is also found in His written Word, the very thing you attempt to belittle...
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,
(Eph 6:10-18)
Maybe what you are having a hard time saying is 'don't just be hearers but doers of the Word, in which I would agree.

Jesus said that the way to eternal life is very hard.

Actually he said it is impossible!
Matthew 19:25-26 (KJV) When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

That's why it is based on His obedience, not ours, and that's why it is a free gift.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I don't talk about salvation, that is your indoctrination. "
huh?? salvation through Jesus Christ is the Good News for mankind, Salvation is the Gospel message.

Reactions: prism

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Man does not live by bread alone . . . but by every word of God.

This was spoken by the Some One Who said, I am the bread of life.

This thread has moved on so quickly I am miles behind.

I am somewhat surprised as I read this thread ( and maybe I am reading some wrongly, I am still sick) that you are one who believes that God has spoken.
And the bible IS the Word of God for us today... period.

I can't see your friends posts as I have them on Ignore. I can only see yours.

Your quote:-
Deuteronomy 8.3
"that He might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live."

That does not sound like a one shot deal to me.
Does not...and proceedeth.... brings it right into today.

So much so that Jesus Himself quoted it in the wilderness ...as applying in His 'today.'

And He quoted it just as it was..." Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.”

Some people like canned Manna. I also enjoy the fresh Manna which I glean daily. God's word is not a only a "hath said..." , It is also a "IS speaking" through His quickening Spirit.

Some like a relationship with their bible, and some also enjoy a relationship with Father, "hearing His Voice"

Now, it is very possible that I have totally misunderstood your stand and posts.

But I so often get weary of those who put God in a box and then tell us what God does and doesn't do. The ones who insist that God can and does, only speak through the bible , are sadly lacking . Like the Pharisees..they don't enter themselves , and try to hinder those who would.

If the bible is the only Voice, how come Adam, Noah, Abraham,Job, Moses could all have a hearing and talking relationship with God?

But again. Maybe you are NOT saying any of this. If so ignore it. :)

Bless you Helen

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It was spoken by Jesus, not by anyone's Bible. Bibles alone do not speak. If the words written in the Bible speak to you, it is the Holy Spirit in you quickening them. A real atheist with a closed heart will read the same words of scriptures you read and not hear a thing from God.

Yes, yes, yes....Let he that hath an ear to hear , hear...

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I am somewhat surprised as I read this thread ( and maybe I am reading some wrongly, I am still sick) that you are one who believes that God has spoken.

Deuteronomy 8.3
"that He might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live."

So much so that Jesus Himself quoted it in the wilderness ...as applying in His 'today.'

And He quoted it just as it was..." Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.”

Some people like canned Manna. I also enjoy the fresh Manna which I glean daily. God's word is not a "has said..." , It is also an "IS speaking" through His quickening Spirit.

Some like a relationship with their bible, and some also enjoy a relationship with Father, "hearing His Voice"

Now, it is very possible that I have totally misunderstood your stand and posts.

But I so often get weary of those who put God in a box and then tell us what God does and doesn't do. The ones who insist that God can and does, only speak through the bible , are sadly lacking . Like the Pharisees..they don't enter themselves , and try to hinder those who would.

If the bible is the only Voice, how come Adam, Noah, Abraham,Job, Moses could all have a hearing and talking relationship with God?

Bless you Helen

Helen, like a fresh breeze is your visit to this thread! :)

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unbelievable referring to the Bible AKA the word of God as "canned Manna" .

Reactions: prism

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God would be a liar if His Word changed over time. Yet...

(Heb 13:8) Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

But some are trying to say That God's Word is stale and imply Jesus changes.
So which changes? You can't have your cake and eat it too on this one.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Deuteronomy 8.3

Some people like canned Manna. I also enjoy the fresh Manna which I glean daily. God's word is not a "has said..." , It is also an "IS speaking" through His quickening Spirit.

Bless you Helen

Hi Helen, and bless you also!

No need to ignore, we can have a pleasant discussion! :)

Adam walked with God, Abraham, Moses, saw God face to face. Even Abimeleck spoke personally with God. I believe God speaks personally with me. Some will likely disagree!

I think God wants to have ongoing intimacy with each one of us. And the one thing that hinders this is our faith. We don't believe we can, or should, or whatever, because of teachings that claim we can't, that we don't qualify, aren't in Christ, whatever it is.

And remember . . . Jesus quoted the Bible to say that. We listen to God in our spirit, and we listen to Him in His Word. I do not discard either.

I don't think there is such a thing as canned manna. It turns to worms. :eek:

Much love!

Reactions: Helen

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Our daily bread... is a word from God for today. A daily manna. God can quicken to us a word or verse from the bible...or..He can speak directly to us...just as the bible records.

The error is to limit God as Helen was saying...to a mute witness. Especially considering that we are to live from the words from His mouth...a mouth that speaks even today.

Both testaments show that people weren't led around by bibles...but by the very words from God spoken directly to them. The worst possible use of a bible is to see it as a replacement of an intimate word and speaking from God Himself...live!

The irony is that they who are devoid of spiritual life see the bible as the ONLY link they have to God...and these misinterpret the very book they seem to rely on. They also ignore it's teachings and it's warnings.

It takes the Holy Spirit to understand what the Spirit has written.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God would be a liar if His Word changed over time. Yet...

(Heb 13:8) Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

But some are trying to say That God's Word is stale and imply Jesus changes.
So which changes? You can't have your cake and eat it too on this one.

Why haven't you tarried in Jerusalem as Jesus told His followers to do? Follow the bible...as if you took it seriously. At least then you wouldn't be a hypocrite.

Why haven't you sold all to follow Christ...the same Jesus as always?

The truth is that you don't follow anything but your own opinions and whims.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I was thinking the same. Some of this crass theology appears to be Christian mysticism, right out of a Christian fairy tale like The Shack. A perfect example of what happens when you poo pooh God's Word. Unbelievable is right.

(2Th 2:9-10) Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

(1Ti 4:1) Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why haven't you tarried in Jerusalem as Jesus told His followers to do? Follow the bible...as if you took it seriously. At least then you wouldn't be a hypocrite.

Why haven't you sold all to follow Christ...the same Jesus as always?

The truth is that you don't follow anything but your own opinions and whims.
Because I have learned to rightly divide God's word in knowing when I am being spoken to as a believer and when it is for another group. I just pray you weren't so antagonistic to God's written Word ...even though it takes some study, and/or a decent teacher.

Reactions: tzcho2 and marks

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't think there is such a thing as canned manna. It turns to worms. :eek:

Haha! So you have never heard a 'canned message' from God?
I've heard many in my time. A preacher who comes to town, doesn't get a pertinent word from God's Spirit for the local body...but just dishes up something he has 'in his bag', a message he has preached before.

We used to tell those that we were mentoring.." When you get up on your hind legs to share a word, if you don't strike Oil in fifteen minutes , stop boring!!"

God's word is Alive and quickening.

Blessings ...H

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because I have learned to rightly divide God's word in knowing when I am being spoken to as a believer and when it is for another group. I just pray you weren't so antagonistic to God's written Word ...even though it takes some study, and/or a decent teacher.

You have learned to misrepresent the bible and do as you wish. So the only person who is lord in your life is yourself.

God calls each of us to tarry someplace. Otherwise we would not be empowered as the early believers were. But you would have to hear God's voice.

You pretend to not be antagonistic to the bible...but you are. And you accuse me of being antagonistic to the bible....but I'm not. I see that it points to a living God. You can't see anything but what your carnal senses can discern.

So as per usual you have got it exactly wrong.

Why not seek for more of God? Why not try to learn from God?

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha! So you have never heard a 'canned message' from God?
I've heard many in my time. A preacher who comes to town, doesn't get a pertinent word from God's Spirit for the local body...but just dishes up something he has 'in his bag', a message he has preached before.

Like I said . . . worms. Not meaning to be harsh, just following the analogy. :)

We used to tell those that we were mentoring.." When you get up on your hind legs to share a word, if you don't strike Oil in fifteen minutes , stop boring!!"

God's word is Alive and quickening.

Blessings ...H

Cute!

15 minutes can be an awful long time in some instances.

;)

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our daily bread... is a word from God for today. A daily manna. God can quicken to us a word or verse from the bible...or..He can speak directly to us...just as the bible records.

The error is to limit God as Helen was saying...to a mute witness. Especially considering that we are to live from the words from His mouth...a mouth that speaks even today.

Both testaments show that people weren't led around by bibles...but by the very words from God spoken directly to them. The worst possible use of a bible is to see it as a replacement of an intimate word and speaking from God Himself...live!

The irony is that they who are devoid of spiritual life see the bible as the ONLY link they have to God...and these misinterpret the very book they seem to rely on. They also ignore it's teachings and it's warnings.

It takes the Holy Spirit to understand what the Spirit has written.
@Episkopos Is there a difference between 'daily manna' and 'hidden manna'? the latter being intimate and not to be given away?