Is Jesus the only Way?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
AHA! I kind of thought so . It's funny how when we were young we would be like "Hey, I'm ALMOST 23 ya know, or 21 etc. Now, as we are older, (well, with myself anyhow, lol)
it's more like: "Well, I'm ONLY 61, or 65 etc. :D
Well John, if you and your wife ever make it to Buffalo Ny...look me up and just maybe The Lord would want to gift you with something ;) I actually use an old classical more anyhow, lol. Easier on the fingertips too but...neck is wide :)

You are kind...we rarely travel as we get so many guests ourselves...and we host a fellowship. We were thinking of going east...New Brunswick and Nova Scotia to visit a brother there. We need to get our passports too.

What would be a real blessing would be to get a number of us together. :)

Like a mini-convention...to worship together, pray together, eat together and speak together. :)

(the neck is wide on a classical...but those nylon strings are way easier on the fingers)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are kind...we rarely travel as we get so many guests ourselves...and we host a fellowship. We were thinking of going east...New Brunswick and Nova Scotia to visit a brother there. We need to get our passports too.

What would be a real blessing would be to get a number of us together. :)

Like a mini-convention...to worship together, pray together, eat together and speak together. :)

(the neck is wide on a classical...but those nylon strings are way easier on the fingers)
"the neck is wide on a classical...but those nylon strings are way easier on the fingers"
Yes, it is. I do love the sound of a classical...hard to describe. What made me get my first classical, was listening to Willie Nelson. His has such a unique sound ♥
"What would be a real blessing would be to get a number of us together.
:)

Like a mini-convention...to worship together, pray together, eat together and speak together. :)"

What a wonderful thought! Everyone seems so far way from the East coast, not to mention our friends in the UK, and of course Helen and Amadeus but! It is still worth a shot! Great idea brother and I would absolutely LOVE it!

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeh, a certain way i guess. which maybe implies that it doesnt come with doing the opposite of that. Wow when it is a Written 'a measure of faith', the root there is the same for "wages," out of nowhere. Iow no works, no wage
After staring many times at your post above and coming back to it, it started to make sense and I agree. But couldn’t find the root is the same for ‘wages’.

Read portions of some of the links you post and began to understand you better to a measure...https://www.christianityboard.com/threads/logical-and-dialectical-reasoning-in-scripture.23390/ <was completely blown away btw~. Word comes through you too imho. But you know that.

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
After staring many times at your post above and coming back to it, it started to make sense and I agree. But couldn’t find the root is the same for ‘wages’.
Yeh, not quite wages. Recompense maybe
Strong's Greek: 3357. μετρίως (metriós) -- moderately
3358 métron – properly, a measure (the actual measure itself); (figuratively) the basis for determining what is enough (or not enough), what is fair (or not fair), etc.
Strong's Greek: 3359. μέτωπον (metópon) -- the forehead
ha
actually the sense of metrios is not really only moderately, it wiggles really weirdly hmm

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
was completely blown away btw
yeh, me too. But two years later, i kinda see i will really have to work to overcome the Dialectic i was raised with. Naive thinking is easy to preach to other people lol
Word comes through you too imho. But you know that.
ah imo It comes out better against a foil; weven better with a moderator, a third. Truth comes out in the seams real good then. But ty :) you too!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"the neck is wide on a classical...but those nylon strings are way easier on the fingers"
Yes, it is. I do love the sound of a classical...hard to describe. What made me get my first classical, was listening to Willie Nelson. His has such a unique sound ♥
"What would be a real blessing would be to get a number of us together.
:)

Like a mini-convention...to worship together, pray together, eat together and speak together. :)"

What a wonderful thought! Everyone seems so far way from the East coast, not to mention our friends in the UK, and of course Helen and Amadeus but! It is still worth a shot! Great idea brother and I would absolutely LOVE it!

I'm east coast!

Reactions: Nancy
B

brakelite

Yeh, not quite wages. Recompense maybe
Strong's Greek: 3357. μετρίως (metriós) -- moderately
3358 métron – properly, a measure (the actual measure itself); (figuratively) the basis for determining what is enough (or not enough), what is fair (or not fair), etc.
Strong's Greek: 3359. μέτωπον (metópon) -- the forehead
ha
actually the sense of metrios is not really only moderately, it wiggles really weirdly hmm
Perhaps an equivalent would be reaping what we sow?

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Perhaps an equivalent would be reaping what we sow?
Yeh, that was the sense i got? Certainly we "get" a measure of faith, but the passage doesn't really seem to be about that anyway, plus we have directions elsewhere for increasing faith so arguing for a freebie here based upon this passage anyway, doesn't seem quite right? I'm reading more like a lesson on humility or self-judgement with the word "faith" kinda sprinkled in, guess i'd have to deconstruct the v which i haven't done yet to see what's really goin on there,
Romans 12:3 Interlinear: For I say, through the grace that was given to me, to every one who is among you, not to think above what it behoveth to think; but to think so as to think wisely, as to each God did deal a measure of faith,
prolly won't get a chance today either but hopefully obv that in accordance with the measure of faith given to you is not really the subject there anyway right. "In accord with the grace you are displaying to others" might even be a better synopsis? From the hip though, dunno

B

brakelite

Yeh, that was the sense i got? Certainly we "get" a measure of faith, but the passage doesn't really seem to be about that anyway, plus we have directions elsewhere for increasing faith so arguing for a freebie here based upon this passage anyway, doesn't seem quite right? I'm reading more like a lesson on humility or self-judgement with the word "faith" kinda sprinkled in, guess i'd have to deconstruct the v which i haven't done yet to see what's really goin on there,
Romans 12:3 Interlinear: For I say, through the grace that was given to me, to every one who is among you, not to think above what it behoveth to think; but to think so as to think wisely, as to each God did deal a measure of faith,
prolly won't get a chance today either but hopefully obv that in accordance with the measure of faith given to you is not really the subject there anyway right. "In accord with the grace you are displaying to others" might even be a better synopsis? From the hip though, dunno
This....
KJV Mark 4
24 And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.
25 For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath.

Seems to me to be a conclusion to...

KJV Mark 4
20 And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.

And...

KJV Romans 10
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Reactions: amadeus

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Is Jesus the only Way?

i think yes, Jesus is the only way. i think the real issue is what is "the way" of Jesus. most Christians dont even agree on this. many think it is just calling yourself Christian. i can call myself king of north america all day long but its not going to make me king.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
i think yes, Jesus is the only way. i think the real issue is what is "the way" of Jesus. most Christians dont even agree on this. many think it is just calling yourself Christian. i can call myself king of north america all day long but its not going to make me king.

Hello @jaybird,

The Lord Jesus Christ is the way. Trusting in the efficacy of His all-sufficient sacrifice on our behalf, is the way to the Father. It is as simple as that.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: marks

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello @jaybird,

The Lord Jesus Christ is the way. Trusting in the efficacy of His all-sufficient sacrifice on our behalf, is the way to the Father. It is as simple as that.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

So does that work for you? Have you met the Father...gone to the throne room of God? Walked in His light and presence? Are you saying what you do by experience or because of a formula you read about?

Or is this only about what you think will happen after you die? Catholics think like that. That there is no possibility of a real fellowship with God.

So then how sufficient is your faith in the sufficiency of His sacrifice?

Heb. 10:19 Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus,

Have you entered into the holy place? The place of fear and holy perfection?

Heb. 4:16 Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So does that work for you? Have you met the Father...gone to the throne room of God? Walked in His light and presence? Are you saying what you do by experience or because of a formula you read about?

Or is this only about what you think will happen after you die? Catholics think like that. That there is no possibility of a real fellowship with God.

So then how sufficient is your faith in the sufficiency of His sacrifice?

Heb. 10:19 Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus,

Have you entered into the holy place? The place of fear and holy perfection?

Heb. 4:16 Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
'Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
.. Who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
.... According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world,
...... that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love:
Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself,
.. according to the good pleasure of His will,
.... To the praise of the glory of His grace,
...... wherein He hath made us accepted in the beloved.
In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins,
.. according to the riches of His grace; ...

(Ephesians 1:3-7)

Hello @Episkopos,

Yes, by the grace of God I have gained access to the Father, through Christ Jesus my Lord: and I am assured that I now walk before Him in newness of life, in Christ Jesus: being now dead indeed unto sin but alive unto God in Him (Romans 6:11). Having died with Christ by God's reckoning, been buried, quickened and raised with Him (Romans 5:12 to 8:39); and am in God's sight ascended with Him, to God's right hand (Ephesians 2:6), where I await His appearing in glory, when I shall appear there with Him (Colossians 3:3-4), along with all who love His appearing (2 Timothy 4:8; Titus 2:13).

* I am as near to the Father as my Beloved Lord is, and am welcome in His company, as a child with His Father. The object of His Love, in Christ Jesus.

* We are called upon to reckon as God has reckoned, for we live by faith and not by sight. Not by feelings, nor by experiences, but by faith in what He has said. I simply believe God, concerning His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ.

Praise His Holy Name!

(1 Thessalonians 5:24)
Hymn: A mind at perfect peace with God
Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: GTW27