Is Jesus the only Way?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well imo the words are right but the intent is Satanic, sorry.

In the beginnning was the Bible, and the Bible was with God, and the Bible was God

wow, what a useless po...any iPad user should out there know how to disable autocorrect, arg. Been looking. Older iPad, and google leads me to new info only!

You are kidding of course, making jokes, but wadr Alice is for later, after the Book has been eaten, to honor the spirit of the song? Weren't we just jousting once again over
Bible = Word?
So bam move on when you feel led, but Alice will drop you in a pit if you are not ready for her i guess ok. If you harbor expectations, assumptions, beliefs, and by that i mean harbor in the Scriptural sense, Alice will be a Satan to you i guess.

Or I mean never mind all that, useles for you, sorry, but i would get fam with Lex and then the Inter before Alice, imo, ok. Pleasure is not a sin, unless it is. "Mandrakes" will open your mind, ok, regardless of whether you choose to abstain or over-indulge imo
In the beginning was the Word (2nd Person of the Trinity) ...but we ONLY that on account of the written Word...the rest is double-dribble.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It really comes down to humility....for surviving the anointing. Remaining weak in ourselves so we can be strong in the Lord. It's when you think you can handle things as you are that you are about to fail. Always pride before a fall.

With a greater anointing comes the need for a greater humility. We have to grow in both directions...like a tree...both up and down. If the roots of humility don't match the rise in anointing...the wind and pulls of nature will knock it down. Human nature...either ours or else the nature in others. But the forces are there. Wisdom shows us that we need the fear of the Lord and humility to survive the Christian walk so as to end up in a good place.
A person can know this and still fail to do it right. On the top [where we think we are] we seem to have conquered the lust of the eyes and the lust of the flesh and as we are feeling so good about ourselves and what we [we believe we have] have overcome, we get caught in the one momentarily forgotten: the pride of life.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A person can know this and still fail to do it right. On the top [where we think we are] we seem to have conquered the lust of the eyes and the lust of the flesh and as we are feeling so good about ourselves and what we [we believe we have] have overcome, we get caught in the one momentarily forgotten: the pride of life.

Amen. We can be always learning but missing the bigger point....the larger picture. Or we can get the bigger picture and let the little foxes spoil the vineyard. IOW we need to grow in humility...constantly. We will never arrive until we finish our earthly races..

Righteousness is a moving target.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. We can be always learning but missing the bigger point....the larger picture. Or we can get the bigger picture and let the little foxes spoil the vineyard. IOW we need to grow in humility...constantly. We will never arrive until we finish our earthly races..

Righteousness is a moving target.
It comes back to that vision [of that bigger picture] without which we perish. We were blind and now we see, but no matter how well we think we see at the moment, if we have time left our vision can be improved... and it must be. We cannot stop until we have finished the race.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might first formulate a specific complaint if you wish to call to account... Epi?
Fwiw

This was my thought too. I wondered, is he saying he disagrees that evil men use scripture with evil intents sometimes...? I searched for what in epis post the man was disagreeing with because he didn't say anything false. So, not seeing anything false there, he nevertheless took opportunity for a quick personal attack. :rolleyes:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the beginning was the Word (2nd Person of the Trinity) ...but we ONLY that on account of the written Word...the rest is double-dribble.

I feel a bit like byrd here but...okay then, wadr, go get a knife and fork and eat your bible and drink up the blood too, from when you do so.

Reactions: bbyrd009

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP only. I read the entire post, both of them. when you said,

well you hit it on the head, it's people interpreting the bible. but a warning to all who do, 2 Peter 1:20 "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation". for sin is neither carnal or religious, but spiritual, which takes place in or of our conscience. it's only carnal or religious when manifested.

barring that, the bible stated, and it is the Lord who is making the declaration, John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me".

here the Lord is clear in that he is "the" way. if he would have said, "I am (a) way", ok. but he did not. that "WAY" is holiness.
but one other thing, he adds "I am the TRUTH" and "THE LIFE". now I will say this, "there are many avenues that lead us to holiness. for the Lord said if we lift him up he will draw all men unto him. for we cannot prostitute holiness.

as for the prostitutes and tax collectors, it is the same as any, REPENT. it goes back to what you said.... people. but there was many, including the clergy, or of the religious group that did repent, scripture, Acts 6:7 "And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.

and as for homosexuality, you said," I hate the whole idea of homosexuality". but what is the Idea do you hate about homosexuality? I understand you don't hate the person, which is good, but the Idea, is that not a judgment call?.

but yes, we all sin. 1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us". there's that TRUTH again that Jesus is. but, 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness".

if we speak what the bible say and no more, or less, he will separate the wheat from the tares, and the sheep and the goats when he comes.

judge the righteous judgment, but put no stumblock in anothers way. Romans 14:13 "Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in [his] brother's way".

PICJAG.
Proverbs 28:13

Reactions: 101G

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You might first formulate a specific complaint if you wish to call to account... Epi?
Fwiw

The bible didn't write itself. it was written by the Spirit as He moved people. The Spirit is the authority. HE guides us into all Truth. He testifies of Jesus.

If an author remains alive and has written a book, the book shows whether or not the author is an authority. The author does not try to prove a book is an authority. The book points to the author. Imagine arguing the contents of a book against it's author. That is what many are doing.

The problem with the bible-followers is that they don't realize that the author of the bible is here...the Spirit is alive. We can consult God on His message. We can ask for His kind of baptism...in Spirit and fire. We can go to Him for His life. Not a bible life...but an eternal spiritual life.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So which is it? Does Jesus point to the bible for salvation...or does the bible point to Jesus for salvation?

And which does the sanctifying? Is it the altar of God or the gift on the altar? Which is the truth...the bible? Or the Person of Jesus?

We have exactly the same problems today that all religious people have had throughout history. These were ignorant of the fact...but we remain ignorant even as we read about them.
Matthew 4:4 , and I Peter 2:21 goes together in my study.

Reactions: prism

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So which is it? Does Jesus point to the bible for salvation...or does the bible point to Jesus for salvation?

And which does the sanctifying? Is it the altar of God or the gift on the altar? Which is the truth...the bible? Or the Person of Jesus?

We have exactly the same problems today that all religious people have had throughout history. These were ignorant of the fact...but we remain ignorant even as we read about them.
Matthew 4:4 , and I Peter 2:21 goes together for his plan of salvation.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings to all...even those who by seeing the OP title are already spoiling for a fight! ;)

The title of the OP is vague in that it brings in an already determined...even set in stone...religious response that tends to be jumped on without a second thought.

So then the OP can mean various things...many of these are presumed. A carnal man will get defensive about his possession of Jesus the way a hungry person looks at his next meal.

We need to be clear on where this is going.

For many people the bible is truth only insofar as they are the ones that are doing the interpreting. So then the bible itself is not being actually respected ...it is the interpretation that it is being given....THAT is what is being respected and trusted as truth. If such a person is corrected by the bible they will ignore the verses that would seem to contradict their stance...and not think twice about it.

We see the same thing with OUR understanding of Jesus...too often an erroneous, programmed and religious idea of Jesus.

Do we really believe the way of Jesus is important? Really? Do we realize that Jesus was far more critical of religious people than of sinners in the flesh?

As in...Sinners and prostitutes will get into the kingdom before you...who are religious hypocrites.

Mat. 21:31 "Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God before you.

Now homosexuality is the "sin du jour" of our time. But is this a carnal sin or a religious sin? If we judge one sin over another...or judge at all...in the class of sin that is with the flesh...are we not doing a greater sin as the pharisees did? Are we not reacting to the flesh as they? Are we not displaying a "sin preference"?

Did Jesus do this? Or did He treat physical sins of the flesh as an ailment of someone who needs a doctor...not condemnation?

The wise will consider this.

I hate the whole idea of homosexuality. But can I not see weakness and brokenness for what it is...without my own judgment and hatreds getting into the mix?

We are to love, not judge. Of course we are to discern and be able to help people. We are here to save lives not kill people or condemn them. Just like Jesus did. :)
John 14:6 , Philippians 1

Last edited:

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel a bit like byrd here but...okay then, wadr, go get a knife and fork and eat your bible and drink up the blood too, from when you do so.
I meant to say, "But we only KNOW that on account of the written word". The rest of your post is nonsensical.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The problem with the bible-followers is that they don't realize that the author of the bible is here...the Spirit is alive. We can consult God on His message. We can ask for His kind of baptism...in Spirit and fire. We can go to Him for His life. Not a bible life...but an eternal spiritual life.

Amen .

If not those things ,then it is as 2 Corinthians 3.16 says:-

"... able ministers of the new testament; *not of the letter, but of the spirit: for *the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. "

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean by a Bible follower? One who sets the bible on a table and hopes it moves so one can follow it? Or one that hides God's Words in His heart that He may not sin against it's Author? I have said multiple times we as born again Christians have Scripture's Author living in us illuminating our understanding to His written Word...and yes 'it's through the Holy Spirit's illumination and conviction we are pointed to and drawn to Christ. The difference is, I don't short circuit His written/preached Word.
Your cariacatures of those you call 'bible followers' just don't hold water. I guess back in the Day, the derogatory term was 'Bible Thumpers'. Not much has changed.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Episkopos asks,

Jesus points to Himself, and we know that through the Bible.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Episkopos asks,

Jesus points to Himself, and we know that through the Bible.

Good...now follow through. :) Seek out the Lord Jesus spoken of in the bible.

Don't take this as a personal attack...just a gentle encouragement. If you don't feel like seeking can help or has helped...that there is no one really out there listening and waiting to respond...then ok. It's just that some here find that sad. (me included).

I think that some here feel intimidated by the spiritual lingo...and react in the flesh about it...which re-enforces the notion that being carnal is bad.

But that's not the way I think.

I see the spiritual high calling as a privilege that few of us will be able to attain to...and last there. I am very doubtful of my own sticking power as well. i don't trust myself with anything! And this is because I have learned what is in us...the flesh that is.

But I see humility is crucial to get anything from God. God is very humble. He hides all His goodness...while providing all the goodness in the world.

So we are to be more like that.

I see salvation as something much more basic than the high calling in Christ. All we have to do is remain faithful with what we have been given...and endure to the end of the race with that. Holding fast that which we have been given. We are to love others..not judge them or try to knock them down. We are to encourage what is right in a person.

The high calling on the other hand is about glory and eternal authority...not just salvation. The kingdom of God is VAST.

So if you have not yet encountered the Lord in His power and walked in the light...your life isn't over yet. Go after it. Seek Him. That is my exhortation to all. He's there waiting for us to get our hearts right before Him...a living sacrifice which is our proper response to the gospel.

Peace