Is leviathan a straight up fire breathing dragon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is your observation related to the gift of speaking in tongues?

In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God.
I do speak in tongues, but that verse is actually about evil and perverse speech, and we have the ability to either lift people up or destroy their worth to the point of death, but it is an interesting take on it.

Lol fire breathing crocodiles sounds like an Louisiana BBQ.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's creation and God himself
Isaiah 37:29 KJV
[29] Because thy rage against me, and thy tumult, is come up into mine ears, therefore will I put my hook in thy nose, and my bridle in thy lips, and I will turn thee back by the way by which thou camest.
Ezekiel 29:3-4 KJV
[3] Speak, and say, Thus saith the Lord God ; Behold, I am against thee, Pharaoh king of Egypt, the great dragon that lieth in the midst of his rivers, which hath said, My river is mine own, and I have made it for myself. [4] But I will put hooks in thy jaws, and I will cause the fish of thy rivers to stick unto thy scales, and I will bring thee up out of the midst of thy rivers, and all the fish of thy rivers shall stick unto thy scales.
The leviathan is the flesh, please view the similarities and similitudes.
Job 41:2 KJV
[2] Canst thou put an hook into his nose? or bore his jaw through with a thorn?
Hosea 12:10 KJV
[10] I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is your observation related to the gift of speaking in tongues?

In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God.
It’s not, when the mysteries are presented of God, the mouths are shut, and the flesh is then restrained.

Greek: μυστήριον
Transliteration: mustērion
Pronunciation: moos-tay'-ree-on
Definition: From a derivative of μύω muō (to shutthe mouth); a secret or mystery (through the idea of silence imposed by initiation into religious rites): - mystery.
KJV Usage: mystery (27x).
Occurs: 27
In verses: 27

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 37:29 KJV
[29] Because thy rage against me, and thy tumult, is come up into mine ears, therefore will I put my hook in thy nose, and my bridle in thy lips, and I will turn thee back by the way by which thou camest.
[3] Speak, and say, Thus saith the Lord God ; Behold, I am against thee, Pharaoh king of Egypt, the great dragon that lieth in the midst of his rivers, which hath said, My river is mine own, and I have made it for myself. [4] But I will put hooks in thy jaws, and I will cause the fish of thy rivers to stick unto thy scales, and I will bring thee up out of the midst of thy rivers, and all the fish of thy rivers shall stick unto thy scales.
The leviathan is the flesh, please view the similarities and similitudes.
Job 41:2 KJV
[2] Canst thou put an hook into his nose? or bore his jaw through with a thorn?
Hosea 12:10 KJV
[10] I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets.
The leviathan isn't the flesh in Job. God is literally describing all of his creation and it is a literal beast. You should probably look through the whole chapter and read it in context.

A lot of your verses posted are really out of context. You want to make sure that you are getting a real truthful message across, but more so that you're getting the full message.

You can't take select scriptures and make a puzzle from it into what you want. You're not going get the whole picture that way.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The leviathan isn't the flesh in Job. God is literally describing all of his creation and it is a literal beast. You should probably look through the whole chapter and read it in context.

A lot of your verses posted are really out of context. You want to make sure that you are getting a real truthful message across, but more so that you're getting the full message.

You can't take select scriptures and make a puzzle from it into what you want. You're not going get the whole picture that way.
Ok, thanks a lot for the advice. I’ll try and do better.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Isnt it an amazing coincidence though, how the wording is so similar how the prophets are stating God saying he’ll bridle Pharos? God asks Job will you dare approach him with a bridle?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isnt it an amazing coincidence though, how the wording is so similar how the prophets are stating God saying he’ll bridle Pharos? God asks Job will you dare approach him with a bridle?

Have you ever heard of a similitude?

Yes!

A lot of parts of the Bible have portions where God is either speaking of future things to come or where prophets are quoting from the Bible. I'd have to go back and review it to see the full context, but if you were studying scripture ALL of the time, that sort of poetic language would become part of your natural way of speaking and it would design your form of thought.

So it would make sense that certain phrases or scriptures would be repeated. :)

Reactions: Waiting on him

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s not, when the mysteries are presented of God, the mouths are shut, and the flesh is then restrained.

Greek: μυστήριον
Transliteration: mustērion
Pronunciation: moos-tay'-ree-on
Definition: From a derivative of μύω muō (to shutthe mouth); a secret or mystery (through the idea of silence imposed by initiation into religious rites): - mystery.
KJV Usage: mystery (27x).
Occurs: 27
In verses: 27
You then deny what transpires according to Acts 2?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

please take another look, in relation to the leviathan of Job.