Is leviathan a straight up fire breathing dragon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay so other people just happened to make up the same fire breathing dragon legends in two separate countries that had never communicated before?

This would mean fire breathing dragons were legit. Dinosaurs were referred to as dragons before the 1800s.

The Origin Of The Word 'Dinosaur' - Science Friday

"The word dinosaur made its literary debut in a long monograph Owen wrote called "Report on British Reptiles, Part II," for an 1841 issue of the Report of the British Association for the Advancement of Science. In 1873, the term appeared again in The Story of Earth and Man, a popular natural history text by J.W. Dawson."

Job 41:19-21

Flames stream from its mouth;
sparks of fire shoot out.
Smoke pours from its nostrils
as from a boiling pot over burning reeds.
Its breath sets coals ablaze,
and flames dart from its mouth.

Isaiah 27:1

In that day, the LORD will punish with his sword, his fierce, great and powerful sword, Leviathan the gliding serpent, Leviathan the coiling serpent; he will slay the monster of the sea. I, the LORD, watch over it; I water it continually. I guard it day and night so that no one may harm it.

Also seems like something @April_Rose could appreciate given your past posts about dinosaurs.... Fire breathing dragons!

More about that

Last edited:

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Parasaurolophus.
mojo-prehistoric-parasaurolophus-3.png

Was Leviathan a Parasaurolophus? - creation.com

Reactions: DuckieLady

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay so other people just happened to make up the same fire breathing dragon legends in two separate countries that had never communicated before?

This would mean fire breathing dragons were legit. Dinosaurs were referred to as dragons before the 1800s.

The Origin Of The Word 'Dinosaur' - Science Friday

"The word dinosaur made its literary debut in a long monograph Owen wrote called "Report on British Reptiles, Part II," for an 1841 issue of the Report of the British Association for the Advancement of Science. In 1873, the term appeared again in The Story of Earth and Man, a popular natural history text by J.W. Dawson."

Job 41:19-21

Flames stream from its mouth;
sparks of fire shoot out.
Smoke pours from its nostrils
as from a boiling pot over burning reeds.
Its breath sets coals ablaze,
and flames dart from its mouth.

Isaiah 27:1

In that day, the LORD will punish with his sword, his fierce, great and powerful sword, Leviathan the gliding serpent, Leviathan the coiling serpent; he will slay the monster of the sea. I, the LORD, watch over it; I water it continually. I guard it day and night so that no one may harm it.

Also seems like something @April_Rose could appreciate given your past posts about dinosaurs.... Fire breathing dragons!

More about that

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me explain why this is important :

All dinosaurs were referred to as dragons, and we've been told they've been extinct for millions of years. The story of Job would make it specific that dinosaurs actually were around when people were around. There are also historical records claiming so. Carbon dating is very inaccurate in the first place, even dating rubber tires as thousands of years old.

That would theologically disprove a lot of theories regarding evolution and it also says that we don't really know anything. The book of Job also says that the earth is round - waaaaay before Columbus "discovered" the idea.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That link doesn't really explain it except that they found something that might be it that doesn't meet the Bible's description.

That would make them wrong. @Amazed@grace did post a good one that could meet the description and still could breathe fire.
I think the issue about their capacity as fire breathers may arise from the fact that, unlike a Wooly Mammoth years ago, no anatomically complete Parasaurolophus has yet been discovered.
With only bone fossils to study the anatomical "apparatus" that would be responsible for an internal system of combustion, flame expulsion, is lost because those organs would be decayed soft tissue and cartilage.

I do like the art work that displays what is the traditional dragon. Then again, as a child I loved to study dinosaurs.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me explain why this is important :

All dinosaurs were referred to as dragons, and we've been told they've been extinct for millions of years. The story of Job would make it specific that dinosaurs actually were around when people were around. There are also historical records claiming so. Carbon dating is very inaccurate in the first place, even dating rubber tires as thousands of years old.

That would theologically disprove a lot of theories regarding evolution and it also says that we don't really know anything. The book of Job also says that the earth is round - waaaaay before Columbus "discovered" the idea.
c51944ab70f17b4cd42e86366f85daef.jpg

Separate article source:
Dinosaur Tracks

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
c51944ab70f17b4cd42e86366f85daef.jpg

Separate article source:
Dinosaur Tracks
Oh that's cool

From your link "The human footprints are very large and are thought to be made from persons that were eight feet tall. Other “giant” artifacts and footprints have been found in different places all over the world!"

Biblical times men tend to be shorter than today, do you think that's preflood or from a group sort of giants like Goliath's?

Reactions: Amazed@grace

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of this really proves something - even when it comes to "experts."

"The wisdom of this world is foolishness to God."

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh that's cool

From your link "The human footprints are very large and are thought to be made from persons that were eight feet tall. Other “giant” artifacts and footprints have been found in different places all over the world!"

Biblical times men tend to be shorter than today, do you think that's preflood or from a group sort of giants like Goliath's?
Possibly pre-flood era. Would almost have to be given there are no remnants of dinosaurs alive today. Gargantuan size at least.

There's the Galapagos Tortoise of course, and the Komodo Dragon. But they're not on that gargantuan scale. Though they do seem to be reminders there once we're such things on earth.

;):p
English_Words_That_Have_Gone_Extinct.jpg

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Possibly pre-flood era. Would almost have to be given there are no remnants of dinosaurs alive today. Gargantuan size at least.

There's the Galapagos Tortoise of course, and the Komodo Dragon. But they're not on that gargantuan scale. Though they do seem to be reminders there once we're such things on earth.

;):p
English_Words_That_Have_Gone_Extinct.jpg
Lol! I thought about that too, but Job 1 states the genealogy and it sounds like Job was born post-flood.

Maybe Noah did grab some dinosaurs! But if he did, I don't see why they couldn't have been worn out by some horrible disease or why humans couldn't have gotten a little too obsessed with slaying them or exterminate them because they were probably destroying everything.

Even the bananas we get in the store are going extinct due to a disease contaminating the soil. And if I was a farmer I'd get pretty mad every time a dinosaur came and ate all my corn.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible describes the leviathan and what it is. A reptile, yes, but crocodiles don't breathe fire.
James 3:6 KJV
[6] And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
Hope this helps.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol! I thought about that too, but Job 1 states the genealogy and it sounds like Job was born post-flood.

Maybe Noah did grab some dinosaurs! But if he did, I don't see why they couldn't have been worn out by some horrible disease or why humans couldn't have gotten a little too obsessed with slaying them or exterminate them because they were probably destroying everything.

Even the bananas we get in the store are going extinct due to a disease contaminating the soil. And if I was a farmer I'd get pretty mad every time a dinosaur came and ate all my corn.
LOL! "Tyranosaurus Rex! Yes, don't think your hiding behind the begonias, I see you! Back away from the turnips right now mister!"

I'd have thought Job was post flood myself.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 3:6 KJV
[6] And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
Hope this helps.
That's about something entirely different and taken out of context. James is explaining the human tongue and the danger of our words. It's unrelated.

Job is not talking about that. The verse in Job is God questioning Job and literally putting his most magnificent creations and the awe of his design and saying "Can you do any of this? Are you wiser than I am?" and one of the ways he does this is he shows off his design through a creature called Leviathan, of which man cannot fathom its power, let alone stand against it, stating that is not evil but fierce! And gives a description of it- because it shows his work.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's about something entirely different and taken out of context. James is explaining the human tongue and the danger of our words. It's unrelated.

Job is not talking about that. The verse in Job is God questioning Job and literally putting his most magnificent creations and the awe of his design and saying "Can you do any of this? Are you wiser than I am?" and one of the ways he does this is he shows off his design through a creature called Leviathan, of which man cannot fathom its power, let alone stand against it, stating that is not evil but fierce! And gives a description of it- because it shows his work.
The power of life and death is in the tongue, what’s more powerful than that?