Is Michael Another Name For Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NOBODY is saying this is not scriptural! Have you even read this forum's Statement of Faith? The regular rules or even the new rules (I think you passed that one up) WE here at CyB are not "happy" with these rules either but there MUST be something done as we will not have constant vitriol and infighting in this wonderful site. If you cannot/will not accept these things then you may feel free to leave. Perhaps on a later date the Admins. will have found a way to re-introduce what we ALSO believe deeply.
God bless and I hope you will not antagonize this issue to death.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tried- it would lemme in!
Change your 'faith' to 'other faith' for 'sufficient privileges to post threads' in the INTER-Faith discussion forum. Then @Taken or I can 'reply' to it, IF you wish, for:

"unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds" WITHOUT
"vitriol and infighting" Ok?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Is Michael Another Name For Jesus?​

I think so. Not sure how it all fits together but I suspect it was. Maybe The Son manifested to the angels as an angel?

The OP makes a good case.

Last edited:

FactsPlease

Jan 19, 2023
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Change your 'faith' to 'other faith' for 'sufficient privileges to post threads' in the INTER-Faith discussion forum. Then @Taken or I can 'reply' to it, IF you wish, for:

"unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds" WITHOUT
"vitriol and infighting" Ok?
OOOOO! Prejudice!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just showed you that not all "angels" are created, from scripture. What I get in return to that, is 'you' making a statement, not found in scripture.

The second part is merely a statement to bolster a position which was never questioned. In other words, I never stated that God, or as you say "No part of God", is or was "created".

And thus we should have no issue of disagreement.

I specifically, in several instances stated that the Son (and also Holy Ghost) is/are, eternal and uncreated 'angels'

Now we disagree.

God created a host of celestial beings to Serve Him.
Themselves “host” were not God, Not in God, did not come forth out from God while remaining in God.

God is Spirit...and God Sends His Spirit Forth Out From Him, Yet His Spirit remains in Him.

Gods Word...is God. God sends His Word forth out from Him, Yet His Word remains in Him.

Are ya figuring out Yet...God just might Serve Himself?
Because He Does!

And God Serving Himself...Does Not therefore by a mans deduction...MAKE God reduced to one of His Created celestial creations.

(messengers, holding that office or position, to be as messengers for the Father, and in the case of the Holy Ghost, also a messenger for the Son).

By attempting to reduce Michael to a mere created being, is not "Glory to God",

Reducing Michael to a “mere” creation?
Laughable on it’s face.
None of Gods creations are insignificant!
Quite the opposite. All of Gods creations are magnificent!

And absolutely one creation is appointed a greater position and Given greater power to accomplish his appointed task.

but as your name means, actually is something "Taken" from God's glory,

Well that is big of you to decide the intent of my user name...
Again You Fail.

God is A Giver and Taker.
Men can Give to God what He requires...or a man can wander about waiting for God to Take what He requires...

To set your failed understanding straight...
I chose to Give to God what He Requires...and God who is Faithful has TAKEN What He Requires, that I gave Him.

You should spend more time with your nose in your own business instead of trying to dictate what applies to me.

because the name Michael carries specific meaning to God's character.

Rolleyes.

The name of the Son, in Heaven (Michael), reveals something about the character of the Father, for where the Son is, He is the 'express image' of the Father, and is the Father's "presence".

The Son’s Name is Jesus...

I doubt you will have a big following on a Christian site that will fall for your rewriting Scripture.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello stunnedbygrace, Well, We first thought years ago, that it was a mess also but since we had been looking unto Jesus, but did not take the time to study who He is from the beginning in the scriptures.

Really, Who Is Michael, the Archangel?
He is an Archangel, a warrior, the protector of Israel but he is not Jesus.

• Love
Reactions: Keturah

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Daniel 10, it reads as if Jesus speaks to Daniel. Correct?
So then, at the end of the chapter, who did Michael help? Who did Michael stand with against “these forces?”

The one who “looks like a man” says Michael came and helped him. So who IS “him.”

Reactions: RLT63

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what was it- REALLY?
Did God the Only God need to apply a name to Himself for Himself? Or did He not simply provide a name or names for others, such as you or me, in order for them to be able to speak more clearly about Him?

Reactions: Keturah
Status
Not open for further replies.