Is Propitiation Once and For All?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
It is clear that "echad" is used in Shema, not "yachid." You attempt to explain "yachid" into the text when it is not there. This is why Maimonides changed it.

Dr. Ginsburg was one of the most famous Old Testament Hebrew scholars.

Dr. David Ginsburg: (Hebrew scholar, Jewish academic, Jewish language scholar for the British Library, and Museum.)

He stated that" one= ehad which means compound unity"

He knew of all the changes made by earlier "scholars" such as Maimonides; and this point and others in the OT was the reason he converted to Christ; leaving behind his career as a much respected academic Rabbi, in worldwide Jewry!

I am sure that nothead is NOT equal to Dr. Ginsburg in his academic knowledge!

So; there is only one conclusion in this argument; the deity of Jesus the Christ is confirmed in the OT.

Floyd.

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
Floyd said:
It is clear that "echad" is used in Shema, not "yachid." You attempt to explain "yachid" into the text when it is not there. This is why Maimonides changed it.

Dr. Ginsburg was one of the most famous Old Testament Hebrew scholars.

Dr. David Ginsburg: (Hebrew scholar, Jewish academic, Jewish language scholar for the British Library, and Museum.)

He stated that" one= ehad which means compound unity"

He knew of all the changes made by earlier "scholars" such as Maimonides; and this point and others in the OT was the reason he converted to Christ; leaving behind his career as a much respected academic Rabbi, in worldwide Jewry!

I am sure that nothead is NOT equal to Dr. Ginsburg in his academic knowledge!

So; there is only one conclusion in this argument; the deity of Jesus the Christ is confirmed in the OT.

Floyd.

Problem is, is that Shema was given as Peshat Law, no more complicated than any of the Ten. Well, you can MAKE the Ten complicated, only if you are of ACADEMIC KNOWLEDGE and must convince the masses you got something in your bean no one else has...

As peshat Law, the Shema is no more complicated than the basis of all Jewry being Absolute Monotheist, from the time Abraham loves the singular God NOT of the ancient Canaanite Patheon, El the Bull God, Asherah his wife, and Mot, Yam and Haddad the first born son probably the Golden Calf. See the parallel, BULL for dad, CALF for Haddad? Abraham loves El Shaddai, the God who sustains him. No horns, no animal involved, the One True God who promises him succor. And for his descendants.

As peshat Law the simple meaning of Echad and the name together connotes a main meaning dominant in the minds of men, not pansy waisted, lukewarm tasted, eminently wasted PHD's sitting on their high horse. OR at their vaunted desks of intellectualism. YHWH Elohim the One True God. Love THIS God with all you have, not some Father Son and Holy Spirit God.

Why would God change his MAKE-UP just becasue he sent his Son?

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
nothead said:
Problem is, is that Shema was given as Peshat Law, no more complicated than any of the Ten. Well, you can MAKE the Ten complicated, only if you are of ACADEMIC KNOWLEDGE and must convince the masses you got something in your bean no one else has...

As peshat Law, the Shema is no more complicated than the basis of all Jewry being Absolute Monotheist, from the time Abraham loves the singular God NOT of the ancient Canaanite Patheon, El the Bull God, Asherah his wife, and Mot, Yam and Haddad the first born son probably the Golden Calf. See the parallel, BULL for dad, CALF for Haddad? Abraham loves El Shaddai, the God who sustains him. No horns, no animal involved, the One True God who promises him succor. And for his descendants.

As peshat Law the simple meaning of Echad and the name together connotes a main meaning dominant in the minds of men, not pansy waisted, lukewarm tasted, eminently wasted PHD's sitting on their high horse.

OR at their vaunted desks of intellectualism. Selah.
You will have to accept that you cannot compete with Dr. Ginsburg!

Floyd.

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
Floyd said:
You will have to accept that you cannot compete with Dr. Ginsburg!

Floyd.
I am telling you it is NOT an intellectual issue. NOT abstract, NOT requiring a Steven Hawking bean to count the beans of life.

How complicated is the single 'one' of solitary unit? ONE of anyone is him by himself, Duh. One lonely one is him gots no gal, duh as a couple is a marriage, double duh.

And 'one God' is the singular God of the Abrahamic faith, duh. As He evolves in the minds of men, the First Principle holds true. Why, why since God does not lie.

One man standing alone is a hero, of admittedly NOTHEAD dimensions, duh against the 98% mainstream majority. See, I have no students, I have no benifactors who give me donations or pay me to speak.

I have no side issues, a bias which must be scratched.

I investigated, and when I found out the Truth, THEN I got mad. Now I'm madder'n a wet hen, looking at the MOUNTAIN of self-satisfied ungodly paradigm.

How will the mountain ever come down? The child has to say, "Hey the king is naked!"

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
nothead said:
I am telling you it is NOT an intellectual issue. NOT abstract, NOT requiring a Steven Hawking bean to count the beans of life.

How complicated is the single 'one' of solitary unit? ONE of anyone is him by himself, Duh. One lonely one is him gots no gal, duh as a couple is a marriage, double duh.

And 'one God' is the singular God of the Abrahamic faith, duh. As He evolves in the minds of men, the First Principle holds true. Why, why since God does not lie.

One man standing alone is a hero, of admittedly NOTHEAD dimensions, duh against the 98% mainstream majority. See, I have no students, I have no benifactors who give me donations or pay me to speak.

I have no side issues, a bias which must be scratched.

I investigated, and when I found out the Truth, THEN I got mad. Now I'm madder'n a wet hen, looking at the MOUNTAIN of self-satisfied ungodly paradigm.

How will the mountain ever come down? The child has to say, "Hey the king is naked!"
Thank you again folks for caring where most are complacent and could care less!

Again, if Jesus was using the English grammatical structure of thoughts in Mk.12:29, etc., I would have to almost agree to agree with you nothead regarding the 'being' of God, however since we can no longer trust the top paygrade scholars, and the English structure of thoughts for the "1" valid interpretation by God the Holy Ghost, each must interpret going from the ancient languages forward to the English and not backwards sir - wow, run on sentences, ie, sorry! Resulting in "The Oneness of God in Deut.6:4 in no way conflicts with the Trinity interpreting from the ancient languages forward. "

Old bottom of the 'heap' Jack

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
shturt678 said:
Thank you again folks for caring where most are complacent and could care less!

Again, if Jesus was using the English grammatical structure of thoughts in Mk.12:29, etc., I would have to almost agree to agree with you nothead regarding the 'being' of God, however since we can no longer trust the top paygrade scholars, and the English structure of thoughts for the "1" valid interpretation by God the Holy Ghost, each must interpret going from the ancient languages forward to the English and not backwards sir - wow, run on sentences, ie, sorry! Resulting in "The Oneness of God in Deut.6:4 in no way conflicts with the Trinity interpreting from the ancient languages forward. "

Old bottom of the 'heap' Jack

Ancient languages FORWARD, sir means the Abrahamic religion never died. Abraham serves the same singular God you do. You just tacked on two more names, minds, wills, sets of eyeballs ears and mouths is all...

....making God a parody of Abraham's God. Amen.

Secondhand Lion

Jan 30, 2012
People's Republic of Maryland
nothead said:
You make the same mistake non-charismatics make in thinking they are fully indwelt with the Christ in them, or Holy Spirit indwelling. Charismatics think they got it going on too, and they do, compared to those who never received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

But remember compared to the first 3000 and 5000 this is also a relative event. Hardly any or NONE baptized today even considers the obligation to DIE for God when the time comes. What does this mean?

To hate your father mother sister or brother if they stand between you and God. To turn the other cheek when they shame you in front of others. To walk a mile when the soldier shames you in front of the girls. To cut off your hand in order to get to them pearly gates. To pluck your eye out for the same.

Too radical for the masses? Jesus said it, not me. What is more important, HEAVEN or your eye? There is another solution, as Jesus directly pointed to: don't PLUCK it out, rather see the Seeing of the Seeing.

Do you see the Seeing of the Seeing, sir? Shema has never died. You must give it up, how much do you have to give up? Well sir, what did God say? What are the hard words of the Christ? The awesome, undoable, HOLY, immeasurably INTENSE pristine wonder of what He requires of you?
And this is the crux of the matter. Your doctrine is you related. How dare you think you know to what "level" I am indwelt by the Holy Spirit of Christ. You think only you know the truth, so your salvation rests in what it is you think you know.

How do you know whether I am willing to die for Christ? You don't. So your reasoning is based in "you are holy and the only one with understanding" and everyone else just needs to learn from you.

Dangerous my dear friend....very dangerous.

Watch the gratuitous assertions, they can land you in a whole heap of trouble.

SL

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
Secondhand Lion said:
And this is the crux of the matter. Your doctrine is you related. How dare you think you know to what "level" I am indwelt by the Holy Spirit of Christ. You think only you know the truth, so your salvation rests in what it is you think you know.

How do you know whether I am willing to die for Christ? You don't. So your reasoning is based in "you are holy and the only one with understanding" and everyone else just needs to learn from you.

Dangerous my dear friend....very dangerous.

Watch the gratuitous assertions, they can land you in a whole heap of trouble.

SL

To be honest you may be more willing to die than nothead, since his prayer this morning was that he was willing to RISK his life for God. I am able to do this since I have done this. Not in battle, and not as a hero, but as an everyday man trying to save another man.

To outright die like a sheep led to slaughter, God knows I am not confessing any willingness to do this.

Not yet sir. I am scared to do this and will say it. This doesn't make me right, or holy, even as the left and right hands of God are holy.

But I know in my heart that if and when I am able to die like this, God may very well make a way, just as he did for his beloved disciples. And the IKON and paradigm they all followed...the Beloved Son of God amen.

To be willing to die is not in and of itself holy. To do this for YHWH the One True God is key. This is Shema, and no one seems to get it right. Muslim martyrs abound. And they may come to an unpleasant surprise that there ain't no 57 virgins awaiting...

...the true men of God are like Uriah the Hittite. I guess he knowed David had his wife, yet he still did his duty...for God.

Since you don't know the above aspect of holiness, to be willing to die for YHWH ELOHIM, then I will not back down on my assertions. I know you off the wall, secondhand.

You can be as radical as a Muslim extremist. But God's army don't die for some God they do not know. The love of God unto death requires the character of this God known.

The three-headed God is a fantasy. To die for this God, well He SINGULAR may forgive this or not. I will risk my life right now for the One True God. Someday I will be a sheep lead to slaughter for this same God.

And my heart will rejoice along the way. This is faith yet that I hope to have.

Secondhand Lion

Jan 30, 2012
nothead said:
To be honest you may be more willing to die than nothead, since his prayer this morning was that he was willing to RISK his life for God. I am able to do this since I have done this. Not in battle, and not as a hero, but as an everyday man trying to save another man.

To outright die like a sheep led to slaughter, God knows I am not confessing any willingness to do this.

Not yet sir. I am scared to do this and will say it. This doesn't make me right, or holy, even as the left and right hands of God are holy.

But I know in my heart that if and when I am able to die like this, God may very well make a way, just as he did for his beloved disciples. And the IKON and paradigm they all followed...the Beloved Son of God amen.

To be willing to die is not in and of itself holy. To do this for YHWH the One True God is key. This is Shema, and no one seems to get it right. Muslim martyrs abound. And they may come to an unpleasant surprise that there ain't no 57 virgins awaiting...

...the true men of God are like Uriah the Hittite. I guess he knowed David had his wife, yet he still did his duty...for God.

Since you don't know the above aspect of holiness, to be willing to die for YHWH ELOHIM, then I will not back down on my assertions. I know you off the wall, secondhand.

You can be as radical as a Muslim extremist. But God's army don't die for some God they do not know. The love of God unto death requires the character of this God known.

The three-headed God is a fantasy. To die for this God, well He SINGULAR may forgive this or not. I will risk my life right now for the One True God. Someday I will be a sheep lead to slaughter for this same God.

And my heart will rejoice along the way. This is faith yet that I hope to have.
Again, you do not know me. Quit thinking of yourself as God...you are merely another man god. You haven't even looked on this board enough to know I am not a trinitarian. You are barking up the wrong tree. You know nothing...let it sink in. Just like the rest of us....you know nothing short of what your god has revealed to you and your god seems to be that of your brain. My advice, quit worshiping yourself and your "knowledge".

You don't know anyone here...you haven't even looked at enough threads to know where we stand.

I am dependent completely on Christ. Exactly where I want to be. Not coincidentally enough...also where He wants me to be. I will take His word over yours.

SL

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
Secondhand Lion said:
Again, you do not know me. Quit thinking of yourself as God...you are merely another man god. You haven't even looked on this board enough to know I am not a trinitarian. You are barking up the wrong tree. You know nothing...let it sink in. Just like the rest of us....you know nothing short of what your god has revealed to you and your god seems to be that of your brain. My advice, quit worshiping yourself and your "knowledge".

You don't know anyone here...you haven't even looked at enough threads to know where we stand.

I am dependent completely on Christ. Exactly where I want to be. Not coincidentally enough...also where He wants me to be. I will take His word over yours.

SL

You are right, I don't know you. I figure you are on one side of the fence. And you don't have to prove anything to me.

If I was wrong I apologize. I fight against Trins and JisG. I love the One True God. They do not. If you ain't one of them then obviously I stuck my foot in my mouth.

I will tout Shema. Those who refute me cannot know it. Those who love God will not buck against it. It is the first law of our faith.

So then you might be against it or not. But I don't recall you saying nice things to me or what I stand upon. So then where do you stand? This is not the Shema thread.
But Shema says mind your own business and DO IT, love God.

So then whether we die daily or die in torture or die by the hands of the heathen, what are you to me, other than a brother if you do Shema?

If you do Shema, then you are a brother. If you fight Shema, you are no brother. If you have a God with three sets of Person then you are an enemy. If you love YHWH Elohim the One True God then you are in unity.

So why you bucking me all the way? What is it that irritates the mold off of you?

Did I say you were not willing to die? I said Shema necessitates the watchfullness in the here and now which ALL of your heart soul and might would imply. Faith requires ACTION in the here and now, and then again in the here and now. And then again in the here and now, potentially.

To do the will of God. Do you know this? Then you are my brother. If you do not then you are my student. Amen?

Secondhand Lion

Jan 30, 2012
My issue with you is that you appear to be trying to steal away from the sufficiency of Christ and His sacrifice.

I told you plainly Christ died once for all. I tell you plainly because God has told you plainly. You told me my "doctrine was common but false". You never refuted it with scripture, rather your own "wisdom". This is a problem. The word of God plainly states that Christ's sacrifice was sufficient once for all sin, time, people. You obviously did not read the scriptures I posted or you would agree. (If you agree with God's word)

We are on propitiation. I will address your other concerns as the need arises.

Define all if it means something other than all. (please do not ignore this question as you did the first time)

SL

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
Secondhand Lion said:
My issue with you is that you appear to be trying to steal away from the sufficiency of Christ and His sacrifice.

I told you plainly Christ died once for all. I tell you plainly because God has told you plainly. You told me my "doctrine was common but false". You never refuted it with scripture, rather your own "wisdom". This is a problem. The word of God plainly states that Christ's sacrifice was sufficient once for all sin, time, people. You obviously did not read the scriptures I posted or you would agree. (If you agree with God's word)

We are on propitiation. I will address your other concerns as the need arises.

Define all if it means something other than all. (please do not ignore this question as you did the first time)

SL

Christ died once for all? What can this mean? I assume things, but tell me where I am wrong.

I assume you are saying one time for all sins, if we believe he is our propitiation. False

I assume you are saying for all men, but this is potentially for those who repent and ask for forgiveness through the Lamb. So then you aren't saying for all men? Sounds almost Universalist.

I assume you are saying Christ dies only once not more than once. This I don't have anything against although I don't believe God died.

The Bible would SAY God died if God died. If God dies, the whole everything world universe stars planets would collapse and fold in on itself.

I suspect you are saying Jesus finished it for even to the extent of your heaven bound sanctification. No your effort and will and determination to stay on track and upright and running the Shema race is still required.

Jesus finished HIS end of Covenant to his God. YOUR end is still the great plot, drama and story of your life. And the end I hope is happy.

Nothead likes most of all, happy endings.

Secondhand Lion

Jan 30, 2012
Yes. Christ's sacrifice was good for all men, all sin, all time. Christ purged our sins by Himself. (Hebrews 1:3)

All things are put under Christ, there is nothing left that Christ has not been put over. Hebrews 2:8

Christ tasted death for every man. Hebrews 2:9

Christ delivers those who were all their lifetime subject to bondage. Hebrews 2:15 Now how could He deliver if He hadn't finished?

Christ made reconciliation for the sins of the people as Abraham's seed! 2:17

The works were finished from the foundation of the world! Hebrews 4:4

We are the other tribe of which no man gave attendance at the altar! Christ was priest after the order of Melchisedec! Jesus is a better testament 7:22

Christ is a priest who does not need to offer for Himself then the people....He did it once when He offered up Himself 7:27

Through Christ, He remembers our sins no more! 8:12

The way to the holiest was not manifest yet now is! Christ entered once by His own blood having obtained eternal redemption for us! 9:8-12

There is no need for Christ to suffer since the foundation of the world: He appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. 9:26

We are sanctified through the offering of the body of Christ once for all. 10:10

Christ offered one sacrifice for sins forever 10:12

Now the law is in my heart and mind and He remembers my sin no more (Praise the Lord!). Since these have been remitted there is no more offering for sin! (Finished!) 10:17-18

How do we accept it? By faith! Hebrews 11

Christ is the author and finisher of our faith 12:2

Then it follows that we do the works, we do them for Christ's sake because Christ alone is worthy, He continues His work through us. 12:3-13:21 Especially notice after all the instruction on good doing He finishes the wording with through Jesus Christ in 13:21)

This is where I stand on propitiation...because it is where God stands on propitiation. This is not my wisdom or the words uttered in my power.

SL

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
Secondhand Lion said:
Yes. Christ's sacrifice was good for all men, all sin, all time. Christ purged our sins by Himself. (Hebrews 1:3)

All things are put under Christ, there is nothing left that Christ has not been put over. Hebrews 2:8

Christ tasted death for every man. Hebrews 2:9

Christ delivers those who were all their lifetime subject to bondage. Hebrews 2:15 Now how could He deliver if He hadn't finished?

Christ made reconciliation for the sins of the people as Abraham's seed! 2:17

The works were finished from the foundation of the world! Hebrews 4:4

We are the other tribe of which no man gave attendance at the altar! Christ was priest after the order of Melchisedec! Jesus is a better testament 7:22

Christ is a priest who does not need to offer for Himself then the people....He did it once when He offered up Himself 7:27

Through Christ, He remembers our sins no more! 8:12

The way to the holiest was not manifest yet now is! Christ entered once by His own blood having obtained eternal redemption for us! 9:8-12

There is no need for Christ to suffer since the foundation of the world: He appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. 9:26

We are sanctified through the offering of the body of Christ once for all. 10:10

Christ offered one sacrifice for sins forever 10:12

Now the law is in my heart and mind and He remembers my sin no more (Praise the Lord!). Since these have been remitted there is no more offering for sin! (Finished!) 10:17-18

How do we accept it? By faith! Hebrews 11

Christ is the author and finisher of our faith 12:2

Then it follows that we do the works, we do them for Christ's sake because Christ alone is worthy, He continues His work through us. 12:3-13:21 Especially notice after all the instruction on good doing He finishes the wording with through Jesus Christ in 13:21)

This is where I stand on propitiation...because it is where God stands on propitiation. This is not my wisdom or the words uttered in my power.

SL
Christ is the author and finisher IN SPIRIT of our faith.

Faith is supernaturally given and supernaturally grown. YET you must be a receiver thereof, in obedience and in right attitude...which God has told you is the Sehma once again. Love God.

Love God. Be obedient to Him. Strive to be good. Strive to do good. Do this with all your might. And the FINISHER WILL FINISH you.

So then Covenant remains two way. God and you, you and God. Not one-way as modern man considers it.

Secondhand Lion

Jan 30, 2012
nothead said:
Christ is the author and finisher IN SPIRIT of our faith.

Faith is supernaturally given and supernaturally grown. YET you must be a receiver thereof, in obedience and in right attitude...which God has told you is the Sehma once again. Love God.

Love God. Be obedient to Him. Strive to be good. Strive to do good. Do this with all your might. And the FINISHER WILL FINISH you.

So then Covenant remains two way. God and you, you and God. Not one-way as modern man considers it.
All your own words. This speaks for itself my friend (consider it). I encourage you to read the book of Hebrews over and over. Where else would one go to find out how the new covenant application of the sacrificial system (propitiation) works?

Good luck to you and hopefully....blessed reading. I am sure I will encounter you in other threads.

May the Lord truly bless you.

SL

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
Secondhand Lion said:
All your own words. This speaks for itself my friend (consider it). I encourage you to read the book of Hebrews over and over. Where else would one go to find out how the new covenant application of the sacrificial system (propitiation) works?

Good luck to you and hopefully....blessed reading. I am sure I will encounter you in other threads.

May the Lord truly bless you.

SL

Deut 30 says God will circumcise our hearts TO DO Shema; quite scriptural:

[SIZE=.75em]6 [/SIZE]And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love theLord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

As a natural DOER of Shema, you would not be refuting me if you knew this circumcision in your heart. I don't need to read Hebrews if the Greatest Command by Jesus' own words in Mark 12 , Mt 22 and Luke 10 is Shema.

The Greatest Command trumps anything else in the whole of Bible. Like Purity said, the Shema is the backbone of both OT and NT theology.

Yeah we will meet again. We will bonk heads. And I've got a hard one.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
nothead said:

[SIZE=.75em]6 [/SIZE]And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love theLord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

As a natural DOER of Shema, you would not be refuting me if you knew this circumcision in your heart. I don't need to read Hebrews if the Greatest Command by Jesus' own words in Mark 12 , Mt 22 and Luke 10 is Shema.

The Greatest Command trumps anything else in the whole of Bible. Like Purity said, the Shema is the backbone of both OT and NT theology.

Thank you again for caring!

Been babying you too much with the 16 oz gloves, ie, let's up on the 12s?

First and foremost one must be genuinely "born anew" then the "Greatest Commandment" comes aboard.

Secondly we need to narrow down all the spurious Wiki, denominations, and etc. definitions of agape to validly interpret the "Greatest Commandmenht."

You need to learn how to duck a little more,

Slipping, slidding, and dancing Jack

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
shturt678 said:

Thank you again for caring!

Been babying you too much with the 16 oz gloves, ie, let's up on the 12s?

First and foremost one must be genuinely "born anew" then the "Greatest Commandment" comes aboard.

Secondly we need to narrow down all the spurious Wiki, denominations, and etc. definitions of agape to validly interpret the "Greatest Commandmenht."

You need to learn how to duck a little more,

Slipping, slidding, and dancing Jack

Yeah but I ain't preaching to no babes in the woods. You all, and 'specially you my brother all been hanging around that hood of the Church for a time.

So then we are speaking of meat, not milk since you'all kin handle it, I assume. Course when I do so I make a potential mutt out of me and you...

...maybe some AIN'T mature enough to hear Shema. Shore got naysayers aplenty. NO man reborn is gonna buck Shema, since Shema is the very DEFINITION of being reborn, the circumcision of the heart.

Jer 31

[SIZE=.75em]31 [/SIZE]Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
[SIZE=.75em]32 [/SIZE]Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
[SIZE=.75em]33 [/SIZE]But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Deut 30

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
nothead said:
Yeah but I ain't preaching to no babes in the woods. You all, and 'specially you my brother all been hanging around that hood of the Church for a time.

So then we are speaking of meat, not milk since you'all kin handle it, I assume. Course when I do so I make a potential mutt out of me and you...

...maybe some AIN'T mature enough to hear Shema. Shore got naysayers aplenty. NO man reborn is gonna buck Shema, since Shema is the very DEFINITION of being reborn, the circumcision of the heart.

Jer 31

[SIZE=.75em]31 [/SIZE]Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
[SIZE=.75em]32 [/SIZE]Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
[SIZE=.75em]33 [/SIZE]But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Deut 30

Thank you again for your reponse!

Sorry I came out before the bell, ie, One undergoes a 'circumcism of the heart' ("born again") in Jn.3:3, 5 - no slipping and slidding around this one, then the Shema. Not the ol' cart before the horse routine.

Old, all in its order, orderly Jack