Is Propitiation Once and For All?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
shturt678 said:
Thank you again for your reponse!

Sorry I came out before the bell, ie, One undergoes a 'circumcism of the heart' ("born again") in Jn.3:3, 5 - no slipping and slidding around this one, then the Shema. Not the ol' cart before the horse routine.

Old, all in its order, orderly Jack
Okay then lettuce consider modern order...

...Billy Graham promotes a Crusade. Some sucker decides, "Awww, what the heck I mayes well go, maybe God will convict me, let's see..."

So then Billy does his routine and he is a polished speaker alright...the gospel spoken with conviction really does have the power to convict...

But he only mentions in passing to make Jesus "Lord" which is not the main import of his message...rather the GLORAH of the REDEMSHUN of the HEAVINLY God.

So then Billy is touting the used car as all faithful used car salemen do, emphasizing what is good which is gonna happen if you BELIEVE CHRIST is the answer to your life.

Then the altar call...then the thousands go there, and make a half confession, full confession, an itty bitty confession or anywhere in between...

Not understanding they just confessed to Covenant to the One True God unto death. Of course if Billy said it in THESE TERMS, the gospel would not be nearly as tempting...

...to make Jesus Lord means to follow his commands. This is the Death Promise. ALL of Jesus' hard sayings and commands relate to Shema directly. Selah.

And less than 1% STAY with their confession by Graham Ministries own count. Well, guess what? The polish on a used car sure fades once you drive it.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
nothead said:
Okay then lettuce consider modern order...

...Billy Graham promotes a Crusade. Some sucker decides, "Awww, what the heck I mayes well go, maybe God will convict me, let's see..."

So then Billy does his routine and he is a polished speaker alright...the gospel spoken with conviction really does have the power to convict...

But he only mentions in passing to make Jesus "Lord" which is not the main import of his message...rather the GLORAH of the REDEMSHUN of the HEAVINLY God.

So then Billy is touting the used car as all faithful used car salemen do, emphasizing what is good which is gonna happen if you BELIEVE CHRIST is the answer to your life.

Then the altar call...then the thousands go there, and make a half confession, full confession, an itty bitty confession or anywhere in between...

Not understanding they just confessed to Covenant to the One True God unto death. Of course if Billy said it in THESE TERMS, the gospel would not be nearly as tempting...

...to make Jesus Lord means to follow his commands. This is the Death Promise. ALL of Jesus' hard sayings and commands relate to Shema directly. Selah.

And less than 1% STAY with their confession by Graham Ministries own count. Well, guess what? The polish on a used car sure fades once you drive it.
Thank you for your response, and this is one of your better responses!

First and foremost one needs only a seed of a realization of sin, then turn to the gospel's "faith," ie, the Shema has absolutely nothing to do with the ol' ordo salutis except "hear" O Israel - "Gospel" (Deut.6:4 & Rom.10:17).

"Born anew," "Regeneration" THEN Deut.6:5.

Old Jack that almsot missed this important thread.