Is "Prosperity Christianity" as big in other parts of the world as it apparently is in Africa?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The U.S. has Joel Osteen and others. I presume the rest of the world has its own prosperity preachers, but my impression is that Africa is king when it comes to prosperity preaching. Is my impression accurate?

Reactions: shortangel

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The U.S. has Joel Osteen and others. I presume the rest of the world has its own prosperity preachers, but my impression is that Africa is king when it comes to prosperity preaching. Is my impression accurate?

The poorer the people, the more easily they are led by someone who promises them relief.

That is actually how the Devil is going to be able to take control of this earth., as the "Son of Perdition".
The Global situation here is going to be so tragically tormenting and desperate that He'll show up with the SOLUTION.

"Im here to save you".

And for 7 yrs, he's going to be running the world.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And regarding Prosperity.

God wants us to prosper.
God didn't create poverty, or "lack"....as the Bible teaches that "Poverty is the destruction of the Poor"..

So, God does not want anyone in that situation, as Jesus came "to give LIFE and that more abundantly".

The verse says, "God gives us power to get WEALTH".

Solomon, was the richest many who ever lived......more money the Elon Musk, or Trump, or the Saudi King.
God GAVE IT TO Him

Money is not the problem.
The person who can't handle it, can't deal with it, and it controls them, ......they are the issue.. not the money.

And, its not bad theology to teach the "prosperity" of God, until that teaching becomes all that is being taught every time the Preacher talks from the TV or from the Pulpit.
And then THAT becomes the "error".

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
great points here, i don't watch those preachers that teach that