Is Reincarnation baloney?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
India...most of the billion + people are Hindus or Buddhists.
It is sad to see suffering people, like the "Untouchables" live in the middle of a somewhat prosperous city like dogs in shacks and no one helps them..

Yes the Hindu caste system is satanic to the core, even the "great" Gandhi never try to abolish it..:)

rel-caste.jpg

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they have legitimate memories', then maybe the memories are not theirs. It could be in fact a symptom of being possessed. Just what if in the worst case scenario.
In scriptures those who were diviners, and ventriloquist, lending their voice to " the dead" people they claim who they can speak to. Today called Mediums stem from the new age, con artists, and actual possessed. As the evil spirit [ fallen angel] calls to the memory the possessed person memories from the previous people the evil spirit possessed. They feed prompts to the victim , they morph ideas and concepts to fool the individuals who seek their "help". Many of the new age self help groups seem to be involved in it. Drawing on eastern mysticisms and corruptions in order to deceive and muddy the waters of Truth.
Actually, survivors of MK Ultra sometimes have these beliefs, as they may have experienced having parts of their mind programmed to "be" this or that ...maybe a medieval soldier, for example (or something else). They would have experienced a real life re-enactment and that part of their mind (alter personality) would fully believe they were alive during that time. So they aren't knowingly lying. And there are other ways they may have these memories ....which is likely too much to share here.

But to answer the question in the OP ...no, the Bible doesn't support reincarnated.

Hebrews 9:27
[27]And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It happens that the memory of a past life can be recalled in a current life. I believe that phenomenon is a remnant of the unity and perfection of intellect, imagination, memory, intended. Human life without sin and death.
I think that it's a tendency that comes from our fallen state to conclude that the experience of remembering a life that happened in the past means it belongs to us.

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It happens that the memory of a past life can be recalled in a current life. I believe that phenomenon is a remnant of the unity and perfection of intellect, imagination, memory, intended. Human life without sin and death.
I think that it's a tendency that comes from our fallen state to conclude that the experience of remembering a life that happened in the past means it belongs to us.
Wow, thank you for the post! I've never thought of perfection and unity amongst our brothers and sisters in that way. That's very profound and an exciting way to think about our eternal home! (Definitely supports the passage that I and my pastor cannot understand how it can be--"All things happen for good for those who love the Lord..." He said that whatever happens for my good--which would mean everything that happens in my life-- is also for good for all my brothers and sisters in Jesus; he cannot understand how this could be. Our unity to them--and ability to at will recollect that good which would mean all the life experienced--would certainly give some explanation for that).

Reactions: EloyCraft

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And interestingly, the low-caste untouchables seem to accept it and go along with it without complaint because it's so deeply-rooted in Hinduism !
For example in a TV travelogue in India a few years ago, the camera crew and front man boarded a train and noticed one Indian passenger looked tired and thirsty but the other passengers kept away from him.
So the front man offered him a bottle of water but he firmly refused it, so another passenger explained that he wouldn't accept it because being low caste, he felt it was his duty to suffer !

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On my rounds of the discussion boards I see that a lot of seemingly intelligent sensible people believe in reincarnation, namely that when we die we're born again as a baby somewhere.
Is there any Biblical scriptural support for it?
Reincarnation is not real and only people who practice and believe in the occult would believe in reincarnation, the dead are dead.

Reactions: Dropship

QuantumBit

Apr 18, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are pro-reincarnation discussions not allowed on Christianity Board anymore?

It used to be at one time. I noticed this one was locked for some reason...

Reactions: St. SteVen and Mr E

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
On my rounds of the discussion boards I see that a lot of seemingly intelligent sensible people believe in reincarnation, namely that when we die we're born again as a baby somewhere.
Is there any Biblical scriptural support for it?
No it is baloney

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't seen anything Biblical to support reincarnation. I've seen accounts given by seemingly credible people but my guess is that they are being fed information and false memories by demonic forces.

Then again, with God anything is possible so I cannot authoritatively rule it out just like I can't rule out that unicorns once roamed Earth.

• Haha
Reactions: Nancy and Mr E

QuantumBit

Apr 18, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't seen anything Biblical to support reincarnation.
I have. In fact, I could debate folks all day long on this topic.

I find some of the posts here ironic since Universalism and reincarnation are often in agreement with each other, and Universalism is allowed to be discussed here.

Maybe a Moderator can chime in.

Last edited:
Reactions: St. SteVen and Mr E

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Anyone who has any clue knows that reincarnation theories are directly out of the pagan handbook. To even consider the question as if it has any credibility does not understand the narrative of Jesus.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Anyone who has any clue knows that reincarnation theories are directly out of the pagan handbook. To even consider the question as if it has any credibility does not understand the narrative of Jesus.
Yeah, a perverse hypothesis might have one incarnation saved and another damned.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Admittedly, I know nothing about yoga.
That's a relief. Some "churches" host yoga classes with the mantra that "we just do the exercises" but there is a spiritual concept to these that is entrenched in eastern philosophy and its associated religious ideology, and that infiltrates the consciousness of the unwary.

Last edited:
Reactions: Patrick1966

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have. In fact, I could debate folks all day long on this topic.

I find some of the posts here ironic since Universalism and reincarnation are often in agreement with each other, and Universalism is allowed to be discussed here.

Maybe a Moderator can chime in.
"And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment," Hebrews 9:27
We get many opportunities in our life, one life that we are given, to reconcile with God. He has ordained a time and place for our divine appointment and with many, it just won't happen and they will reamin lost and then suffer death. Do you know what death is? Jesus died so that we can live. If we believe in Him we will never die. Our physical bodies will die and our spirits will go directly to be with Him. The unbeliever suffers death. He goes to Hades, is already judged and awaits his finally destruction in the Lake of Fire.
So our one life is about a journey towards the realization of that moment, a divine appointment, when we believe and are saved from the wages of sin, DEATH.
In Luke 16:19-31, the Rich man will explain it to you in more detail.
ONE LIFE, ONE DEATH AND THEN THE JUDGMENT.
And btw, the Universalists have it wrong. If everyone was saved, a myriad of scriptures about sin, death and judgment would not have been part of the Bible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fillan