Is same sex attraction lust driven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s why I said when one gets those feelings one must pray to rid yourself of those sinful feelings, we are human but to lust after the same sex, it’s not lust it’s mentally screwed up if you look at the same sex and get sexual feelings something is definitely wrong with you, not natural.
It's definitely not God's order. But I do believe there is a way to approach those who have these struggles in love. I didn't say we should condone their sin, but how can you minister Christ to someone unless you can love them?
How many of us have struggled with strongholds and sin and encountered judgmental Christians who were absent of God's love? And how refreshing and healing is it when we encounter a Christian who can speak the truth in love?

Last edited:

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's definitely not God's order. But I do believe there is a way to approach those who have these struggles in love. I didn't say we should condone their ain, but how can you minister Christ to someone unless you can love them?
How many of us have struggled with strongholds and ain and encountered judgmental Christians who were absent of God's love? And how refreshing and healing is it when we encounter a Christian who can speak the truth in love?
I speak in love of God’s law, when we sugarcoat things like embracing homosexuals who don’t repent and abstain, we are doing Satan’s work and turning our backs on God Jehovah, you need to let them know they are sinning by continuing their lifestyle and not repenting and abstaining, sorry that’s how I feel, I love God more than making some homosexual feel loved and accepted while he continues his homosexuality, sorry that’s my stance and I will not change it.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I speak in love of God’s law, when we sugarcoat things like embracing homosexuals who don’t repent and abstain, we are doing Satan’s work and turning our backs on God Jehovah, you need to let them know they are sinning by continuing their lifestyle and not repenting and abstaining, sorry that’s how I feel, I love God more than making some homosexual feel loved and accepted while he continues his homosexuality, sorry that’s my stance and I will not change it.
Nor can we .
We are being taught to pander to emotions and feelings, and not RATHER THE TRUTH which could have set THEM FREE .
And folks dont realize this .
Paul would have seem like a monster to this generation .
Think about it . HE rebuked the church for not putting that man OUT of the church
because he had slept with his fathers wife .
Today they would have said , PAUL IS A HATER , HEY WE ALL SIN , WHY PUT ANYONE OUT of the CHURCH .
That is what todays mindset is becoming and worse it gets too .
WE have been taught to live by emotions and feelings and to not offend ones feelings . BUT IT HAS TRULY DESTROYED THE CHURCH
from within .
This is one sin that no church wants to talk against . Out of all the sins they fear this one the most .
CAUSE to speak out against it , WILL COST THEM . And they dont want to rock the boat of comfort .
Folks are terrified of this sin above all others . AND FEAR leads folks to failure and leaven shall rise and abound .
WE must warn against any sin that any of those within the church is in , or supports .
I think this generation keeps thinking the same old thing , WELL if we just dont talk about it , maybe it will just go away .
OR if we never speak of it and just hug them and enterain them , maybe they will evenutally figure it out .
ONLY it dont work that way . THEY already tried this and NOW they themselves accept this sin .
It wont work . WE must keep the pattern CHRIST SET and the apostels set and kept .
AND i plainly remember when paul was writing to a leader of the chruch , TIMOTHY ,
HE told TIMOTHY HOW TO RUN the church .
AND HE said this as well , THOSE Who sin REBUKE before all that OTHERS may also FEAR . AS in fear TO SIN .
WE must return to this pattern . WE live not by every emotion of man , BUT BY EVERY WORD OF GOD .
HIS PATTERN ALONE WORKS and if we take off from HIS PATTERN , we are doomed and we damn the souls who enter our churches .
ITS not working . WHY wont this generation SEE this has not worked in times past and it sure wont work today either .
RETURN to BIBLES has been my plea for a long time . WE MUST learn that pattern and keep that pattern by the HOLY GHOST .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's definitely not God's order. But I do believe there is a way to approach those who have these struggles in love. I didn't say we should condone their ain, but how can you minister Christ to someone unless you can love them?
How many of us have struggled with strongholds and ain and encountered judgmental Christians who were absent of God's love? And how refreshing and healing is it when we encounter a Christian who can speak the truth in love?
How loving did paul sound when he wrote to the church and said CAST THAT MAN OUT .
We cannot live under todays mindset any longer .
And you KNOW i dont hate anyone . BUT i have an all out responsiblity to preach truth and from LOVE rebuke and correct
and look out for the brethren . We cant live like this anymore sister . ITS NOT WORKING .
I wish people could see that . HOW WELL has this worked out . THEY are filling chuches up more than ever .
AND rainbow flags are appearing in churches more than ever . WE gotta correct and fast .
IF we love we correct , if we hate them and the church , then dont correct and watch the entire church tank in time .
I Dont see the love in this generation any longer . OH IT USES the WORD like there is no OTHER WORD but love .
But it knows not GOD nor His love . You are loved dear sister .

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nor can we .
We are being taught to pander to emotions and feelings, and not RATHER THE TRUTH which could have set THEM FREE .
And folks dont realize this .
Paul would have seem like a monster to this generation .
Think about it . HE rebuked the church for not putting that man OUT of the church
because he had slept with his fathers wife .
Today they would have said , PAUL IS A HATER , HEY WE ALL SIN , WHY PUT ANYONE OUT of the CHURCH .
That is what todays mindset is becoming and worse it gets too .
WE have been taught to live by emotions and feelings and to not offend ones feelings . BUT IT HAS TRULY DESTROYED THE CHURCH
from within .
This is one sin that no church wants to talk against . Out of all the sins they fear this one the most .
CAUSE to speak out against it , WILL COST THEM . And they dont want to rock the boat of comfort .
Folks are terrified of this sin above all others . AND FEAR leads folks to failure and leaven shall rise and abound .
WE must warn against any sin that any of those within the church is in , or supports .
I think this generation keeps thinking the same old thing , WELL if we just dont talk about it , maybe it will just go away .
OR if we never speak of it and just hug them and enterain them , maybe they will evenutally figure it out .
ONLY it dont work that way . THEY already tried this and NOW they themselves accept this sin .
It wont work . WE must keep the pattern CHRIST SET and the apostels set and kept .
AND i plainly remember when paul was writing to a leader of the chruch , TIMOTHY ,
HE told TIMOTHY HOW TO RUN the church .
AND HE said this as well , THOSE Who sin REBUKE before all that OTHERS may also FEAR . AS in fear TO SIN .
WE must return to this pattern . WE live not by every emotion of man , BUT BY EVERY WORD OF GOD .
HIS PATTERN ALONE WORKS and if we take off from HIS PATTERN , we are doomed and we damn the souls who enter our churches .
ITS not working . WHY wont this generation SEE this has not worked in times past and it sure wont work today either .
RETURN to BIBLES has been my plea for a long time . WE MUST learn that pattern and keep that pattern by the HOLY GHOST .
Brother I’m with you on this 100%, I could not have said it better myself or used better words to get my point across as you just did, we must fight the fight and band together, no matter what, no acceptance and no embracing those who will not repent and will not abstain from their same sex sin, that goes for adulterers as well.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother I’m with you on this 100%, I could not have said it better myself or used better words to get my point across as you just did, we must fight the fight and band together, no matter what, no acceptance and no embracing those who will not repent and will not abstain from their same sex sin, that goes for adulterers as well.
Everyone , notice HE just said THOSE WHO WONT REPENT . And this is true my friend .
IF they refuse to leave that sin , if they refuse to abandon that marriage , THEN WE GOT NO choice
but to put them out of the church . JUST as we would do with ANY SIN . If they wont repent they have to go .
This is the only way to keep the church safe . AND its the only pattern that would have worked .
THEY put that man out of the corithian church , GUESS what , HE SORROWED TO REPENTANCE,
but had they kept him in and said HEY WE ALL SINNERS , the man would have stayed as is and worse
the church would have leavened up . WE must RETURN to the bible . I SAY THIS TO ALL THAT HAS breath .
Hurry everyone . Let us learn it well and let us pratice all things they did and taught .

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How loving did paul sound when he wrote to the church and said CAST THAT MAN OUT .
We cannot live under todays mindset any longer .
And you KNOW i dont hate anyone . BUT i have an all out responsiblity to preach truth and from LOVE rebuke and correct
and look out for the brethren . We cant live like this anymore sister . ITS NOT WORKING .
I wish people could see that . HOW WELL has this worked out . THEY are filling chuches up more than ever .
AND rainbow flags are appearing in churches more than ever . WE gotta correct and fast .
IF we love we correct , if we hate them and the church , then dont correct and watch the entire church tank in time .
I Dont see the love in this generation any longer . OH IT USES the WORD like there is no OTHER WORD but love .
But it knows not GOD nor His love . You are loved dear sister .
Amen brother, for we must keep God’s word and law pure and right and not sway to protect someone’s feelings who is sinning, the wrath of God must be brought down on such a sinner.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen brother, for we must keep God’s word and law pure and right and not sway to protect someone’s feelings who is sinning, the wrath of God must be brought down on such a sinner.
Well that is was paul did , HE deliverd that man over unto satan for destruction of the flesh .
And i dont know what that man suffered , but he sure as heck repented of it . IT WORKED .

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're accusing me of something I've not done. I've not sugarcoated anything. Sin is sin. But I also love them, because I've experienced God's love, mercy, grace, etc.

My own father was an abuser ...a child abuser, pedophile. God saved me at age 13 and completely melted my heart with His amazing love!! All the hatred I felt toward my dad melted away in God's love. I forgave my dad. And by God's grace, I witnessed to my dad and prayed for him.

Shortly after I came to Christ, while I was getting ready for church one morning and praying for my dad, God told me He would save my dad. And God laid a burden on my heart to pray and intercede for my dad. I went through many things, abuses, etc. And God opened doors for me to witness to him time and time again.

Many years passed, and when I was in my late 20's, God lifted that burden. He was preparing me for deeper healing in my own heart and mind. He assured me that I didn't need to carry that burden anymore. But when I would think of my dad, I was to just lay that burden down and thank Him for what He was doing in my dad ....and trust Him.

Well, we lost contact for about 5 or 6 years. I had no way to know if my dad was dead or alive accept to trust God. (Btw, we lived in different states and I was very careful not to bring my children around him or any of my abusive relatives. Forgiveness and restoration are two separate things.)

In November of 2004, my dad contacted me by email. I don't know how he got my email address. He wanted to see me. I felt deeply that this was an answer to prayer and God would save my dad soon. Then, we found out he had stage 4 cancer ...in December. I went to see him in January of 2005. He was very sick. I witnessed to him ....gently ...and just loved him. I received criticism from my sister and my step mom for doing so. But my dad was very open to prayer and hearing about Jesus.

When I went again to see him in September that year, he was very ill and not very coherent because of the pain meds. But he acknowledged me. He held my hand and I fed him... wiped his mouth when food or tea dribbled down his chin. At one point, he looked right at me and said, "Well hello, baby!" I said, "Hello, dad ...I love you!" He said, "I love you too, baby." Then he fell back to sleep.

I could see such a different look in his eyes...one of peace, and love ...clean love that only God can give. What I found out is that a Baptist pastor had been visiting him and my dad got saved a few months before.

I asked the Lord to take my dad Home on Thanksgiving Day if his heart was ready. We went to see him on Thanksgiving Day. He was very coherent. He talked with us, ate and interacted ....although not able to physically get around on his own.

Before we left, I was able to pray with him and got a real hug from my dad ...my first ever!! (Good, natural, clean hug.) Before I left his room, he said, "I'll be see'n ya." I grasped his foot on my way out ...my last touch. He passed from this life into eternity that night after we left.

God answers prayer!! I never .... NEVER ...had to condemn my dad. He knew his sins. He struggled with guilt and he didn't need me pushing him further into the mud. All I had to do was love him with the love of God. All I had to do was let my light shine so that my actions pointed to Christ ...just let him know I forgave him and that Jesus would do the same if he would just ask. That was my consistent message to him all those years.

God is faithful!

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The schools and ps inclusive lies are destroying souls .
We must do what the world cannot do and what most churches will not do . that is raise those children up in the way they should go .
The education and politics waste no time destroying souls , let us be correcting souls . Giving them real hope . Point to JESUS
and speak truth .

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lust, imo, isn't appropriate or healthy in any relationship. In a marriage between a man and woman, there should be desire and passion that is rooted in love ....not lust.
I want to circle back to this one, because it relates to the OP. @TLHKAJ, would you define "lust" as sexual desire without love for the desired? @Carl Emerson, your OP seems to assume "lust" and "sexual attraction" are different things.

This may be different from a man's perspective versus a woman's. T, Sexual attraction comes quickly and easily for us men. Love (defined as when the happiness and well-being of the beloved is essential to that of the lover) takes time to develop. From a man's point of view, it is "normal" for a relationship to start with attraction ("lust") and later develop into genuine love.

Again, women are ... complicated, and may experience sexual desire differently.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLHKAJ

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to circle back to this one, because it relates to the OP. Should we define "lust" as sexual desire without love for the desired? Or something different?

This may be different from a man's perspective versus a woman's. Sexual attraction comes quickly and easily for us men. Love (defined as when the happiness and well-being of the beloved is essential to that of the lover) takes time to develop. From a man's point of view, it is "normal" for a relationship to start with attraction ("lust") and later develop into genuine love.

Again, women are ... complicated, and may experience sexual desire differently.

Reactions: Marvelloustime

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to circle back to this one, because it relates to the OP. Should we define "lust" as sexual desire without love for the desired? Or something different?
Lust is self seeking, not considering the person or object of one's lust.

From a man's point of view, it is "normal" for a relationship to start with attraction ("lust") and later develop into genuine love.
Absent of lust, is desire that seeks and takes pleasure in giving and receiving. Lust is one-sided. Love is unselfish, but much more rewarding.

I heard a man once say that he wanted his wife to be the most loved woman who ever lived. That's a very lofty goal, but an honorable one. That's an unselfish love. But with that kind of love, that man may turn out to be the most loved man who ever lived because his wife would freely reciprocate that love in his direction.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was a man who was naming the name of Christ. We deal differently with those who are believers and continue in sin with no desire to resist it, than we do with those who don't know Christ.

Don't read into that. I'm not saying to condone sin. But a man or woman who doesn't know Christ is living in sin (and we've all been there) ...whether homosexual or not. We can't convict their hearts of sin. That's the work of God. God draws hearts and convicts them of their sins.

I know that if I live my life unto Christ, and my light comes from Him ...He will give me words that aren't hate-filled, self righteous, and condemning. They need words that speak of hope in Christ. I guarantee, they already know they have sin.

Love IS the answer. Bring them to Jesus! Once they fall in love with Him, their hearts will turn and want to please Him because the natural response to His awesome love is to love Him back! And love fulfills the law. Love compels us to keep His commandments.

Do you see what I'm saying? We got it backwards when we go around condemning folks to hell. We aren't Holy Spirit. If we just listen, He will show us how to walk toward them, and what to say, and when ....we can't save anyone. Let your light shine before men so much so that it points to Christ and glorifies your Father in heaven ...and let God do what He does.

Reactions: Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wouldn't necessarily define that as lust.
Based on your definition, it would depend on the man having consideration for the wants and needs of the person desired. Or the woman having consideration for the person she desires, for that matter.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Based on your definition, it would depend on the man having consideration for the wants and needs of the person desired. Or the woman having consideration for the person she desires, for that matter.
Yes, absolutely. You know ... it's more blessed to give than to receive. I think that applies in marriage intimacy as well.

Reactions: Lambano

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're accusing me of something I've not done. I've not sugarcoated anything. Sin is sin. But I also love them, because I've experienced God's love, mercy, grace, etc.

My own father was an abuser ...a child abuser, pedophile. God saved me at age 13 and completely melted my heart with His amazing love!! All the hatred I felt toward my dad melted away in God's love. I forgave my dad. And by God's grace, I witnessed to my dad and prayed for him.

Shortly after I came to Christ, while I was getting ready for church one morning and praying for my dad, God told me He would save my dad. And God laid a burden on my heart to pray and intercede for my dad. I went through many things, abuses, etc. And God opened doors for me to witness to him time and time again.

Many years passed, and when I was in my late 20's, God lifted that burden. He was preparing me for deeper healing in my own heart and mind. He assured me that I didn't need to carry that burden anymore. But when I would think of my dad, I was to just lay that burden down and thank Him for what He was doing in my dad ....and trust Him.

Well, we lost contact for about 5 or 6 years. I had no way to know if my dad was dead or alive accept to trust God. (Btw, we lived in different states and I was very careful not to bring my children around him or any of my abusive relatives. Forgiveness and restoration are two separate things.)

In November of 2004, my dad contacted me by email. I don't know how he got my email address. He wanted to see me. I felt deeply that this was an answer to prayer and God would save my dad soon. Then, we found out he had stage 4 cancer ...in December. I went to see him in January of 2005. He was very sick. I witnessed to him ....gently ...and just loved him. I received criticism from my sister and my step mom for doing so. But my dad was very open to prayer and hearing about Jesus.

When I went again to see him in September that year, he was very ill and not very coherent because of the pain meds. But he acknowledged me. He held my hand and I fed him... wiped his mouth when food or tea dribbled down his chin. At one point, he looked right at me and said, "Well hello, baby!" I said, "Hello, dad ...I love you!" He said, "I love you too, baby." Then he fell back to sleep.

I could see such a different look in his eyes...one of peace, and love ...clean love that only God can give. What I found out is that a Baptist pastor had been visiting him and my dad got saved a few months before.

I asked the Lord to take my dad Home on Thanksgiving Day if his heart was ready. We went to see him on Thanksgiving Day. He was very coherent. He talked with us, ate and interacted ....although not able to physically get around on his own.

Before we left, I was able to pray with him and got a real hug from my dad ...my first ever!! (Good, natural, clean hug.) Before I left his room, he said, "I'll be see'n ya." I grasped his foot on my way out ...my last touch. He passed from this life into eternity that night after we left.

God answers prayer!! I never .... NEVER ...had to condemn my dad. He knew his sins. He struggled with guilt and he didn't need me pushing him further into the mud. All I had to do was love him with the love of God. All I had to do was let my light shine so that my actions pointed to Christ ...just let him know I forgave him and that Jesus would do the same if he would just ask. That was my consistent message to him all those years.

God is faithful!
No @TLHKAJ I was not pointing the finger at you, I'm sorry for the things you've gone through in life and were able to escape it with God's help, That's what people who are into same sex attraction need to do reach out to God and Christ and repent, that's what I'm saying.

You were a victim of tragic things, I already told you in one post I would never act in a disrespectful manner towards you, and I would never accuse you of such things, but if we keep embracing homosexuals who do not want to change or repent then we are doing wrong, help those that seek help those that want help.

God bless you sister, I meant no accusations towards you, and haven't accused you, I know the suffering you been through and pray to God one day it's all over, and you are able to carry on in God's love and are healed forever.