Is Santa Claus a fraud?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Santa Claus a fraud?

• Total voters

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 25th of December is the day that we celebrate the birth of Jesus... Santa Claus is nothing but a distraction. Taking the glory away from Christ
Why are you celebrating the birth of Jesus!?
God never ordained a Holy-day to recognize the birth of Christ.
The Catholics did.

You can't sin against something God never ordained.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
At the end of the day the question asks if Santa is a fraud or real...
So if you answered no then your a stupid idiot cos your literally saying that Santa is real...
Not my fault your too dumb to read the question properly

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Millstone.jpg
Reread Matthew 18:6 and Mark 9:42 and you'll see that the millstone around the neck is regard to little ones who "believe in me". It has nothing to do with little ones who do not believe in Him.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the end of the day the question asks if Santa is a fraud or real...
So if you answered no then your a stupid idiot cos your literally saying that Santa is real...
Not my fault your too dumb to read the question properly
I did read the question properly, and I answered it.

And you started this as a non-serious thread? Really?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you celebrating the birth of Jesus!?
God never ordained a Holy-day to recognize the birth of Christ.
The Catholics did.

You can't sin against something God never ordained.
This is a good question Ferris B: Yes the RCC did develop this date of worship from (a) pagan historical derivative(s). It is a darn thing they created, as a compromise with the world!

I grew up with it as nearly every one in the West, at least. I did not seriously think about this event and others a lot until I got married at a relative young age. And especially since I now disliked the RCC...

When we had children a few years or so later we both agreed that we would minimize this celebration of Christ (and Easter for that matter) and with friends and family especially since I gave my life to Christ, and inwardly felt and thought a lot differently. We never cut off ties with anyone because of our view. We would go along with others and other family although we knew inside this was not truly a Christ day for worship with images etc. In fact, scripture does not emphasize any Christ Birthday celebration at all.

I consider those that celebrate this Christ day 'to the fullest,' are idol worshipping, if you do not have Christ and the spirit of truth to restrain your heart and mind. So for this reason my wife and I emphasized Biblical characters and settings for Christ (the manager, the star), and scripture reading, over any exotic tree and reefs and such, with all the other trimmings and alcohol etc. As long as we recognized the difference, as we live this day as we believe, being in this world. Yes we do have a tree, and we have it for my wife who wants it a a sign of giving and sharing with presents underneath. If it was up to me alone, and living alone, I would not have a single decoration of any kind.

One of my sister's is coming over this season, and she likes a tree, so its up for her and my wife, not me.

So once we had children we did gradually tell them about our views on the subject. They figured it all out for themselves more clearly later.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just read that they have recently discovered a find that is extraordinary. They have recovered Santa's sleigh and now I understand how he gets around so fast. Oh and his elves wear flack jackets just in case he gets fanatics that don't like Christmas. A spokesman for Santa was not available for comment:
B9338748561Z.1_20191212043432_000_G3UPR9A3K.2-0.jpg

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feeling Cynical During the Holidays? What You’re Getting Wrong About Christmas - The Crossing Blog
Feeling Cynical During the Holidays? What You’re Getting Wrong About Christmas

A recent survey in Time magazine found that most people see Christmas as a family holiday, rather than a religious one. They didn’t explain what that means, but I imagine it involves hot cocoa, fire places, presents, and secretly drinking in your room because it’s the only way you’ll survive another political diatribe by your crazy uncle.

If Christmas tells us anything about family, it’s that family is a dysfunctional gift. The only thing worse than having one, is not having one at all. And of course, that’s the dark side of Christmas. Many people don’t have family. Divorces leave ruin. Loved ones pass away. And I have to imagine that many people, myself included, won’t even be able to see some family members this year because of COVID-19.

If Christmas is about family, then Christmas is the best of times. But mostly, Christmas is the worst of times.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, but in the case of Santa, that really is harmless fun.
What evil does Santa lead people into?
I've already addressed the issue of Santa making it so people don't believe in Jesus (that's a falsehood), so what evil is it that growing up with the Santa myth leads a person into?

Christmas, and the birth of Christ, was never a part of God's festival seasons, so the argument can't be made that it steals the show from God. God was never in Christmas for that to be an issue. It's an entirely man made holiday. And that's what it is to me to this day. People should stop straining to get God out their Christmas celebration (I feel sorry for pastors who have to strain for sermons at this time of year.) God was never in it. Just enjoy it for what it is.
The evil is in believing in this all knowing and all seeing fable . GOD ALONE GETS ONLY THAT RECOGINITION .
It may seem harmless , but its deadly blasphemous . You better not pout , you better not cry i am telling you why....
HE knows when you ...............
HE KNOWS when you ........
HE KNOWS WHEN .......................
SO BE GOOD FOR GOODNESS SAKE . THAT IS EVIL AS HECK . I SHUN this fable to hades . GOD ALONE KNOWS
NOT santy clause . This is an abomniation and to say such and to tell kids such is far more an abomination that most folks think.
IT aint cute to let kids believe them is some all knowing presence called santa at the north pole WHO KNOWS EVERYTHING they do
SO BE GOOD , cause this santa is watching . WHAT A MOCKERY TO GOD . What an abomnation .
As for me , the only things i am gonna tell kids or anyone is , GOD IS WATCHING , AND FOLKS NEED JESUS .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ultimately, that's impossible because God shows everyone he calls that the gospel really is true. Ultimately, the gospel gets rejected by people from a position of knowing that it's true (because God showed them its true), and so none are with excuse. Santa and the Easter Bunny are just convenient excuses for people to reject Christ and choose to dwell in their sin instead.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, but in the case of Santa, that really is harmless fun.
What evil does Santa lead people into?
I've already addressed the issue of Santa making it so people don't believe in Jesus (that's a falsehood), so what evil is it that growing up with the Santa myth leads a person into?

Christmas, and the birth of Christ, was never a part of God's festival seasons, so the argument can't be made that it steals the show from God. God was never in Christmas for that to be an issue. It's an entirely man made holiday. And that's what it is to me to this day. People should stop straining to get God out their Christmas celebration (I feel sorry for pastors who have to strain for sermons at this time of year.) God was never in it. Just enjoy it for what it is.
THE WORLD does as the world does , but we dont DO as the World does . The WORLD celebrates halloween , DOES THIS MEAN
its okay for us to do so . Nor is it okay for christains to celebrate a false santa clause . FLEE IT and never look back my friend .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you even look at the link... Nooo... Yet you resorted to slander and lies
I said some kids are drawn away from God because they were tricked by Santa and your delusional if you think that isn't true cos i just presented a whole forum full of them talking about it. U just have your head in the sand
Trick or Treat? Wrong holiday.

No, I did not look at the link. I don't need to. I listened to you. And what is apparent, is that you are taking them serious, when you should not. You are giving a foothold to demons. Furthermore, you are blaming loving parents for sharing an imaginary tale with their children that is a parable of our gift-giving Father in heaven. Instead, you should have come completely out of that darkness. God loves children, He's got this.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So just don't tell them about Jesus so you can keep up the santa thing.....
That's the funny part about all this. I'm not keeping up the Santa thing, lol.
Santa is the very least of all this. I like all the things connected with family gatherings, snow, lights, special dinners, etc.
I tease in fun about Santa with my 27 year old son who still lives at home (he has Down's Syndrome. We both have the mind of a 10 year old, lol). But even he knows Santa's not doing all the fun stuff. It's just fun stuff!

So, that's where my thankfulness to God is...good memories of good times, good people, and good places during this time of year. Santa's just not part of it for me. My kids grew up knowing Santa was mom and dad (mom mostly, lol), so Santa's been a non-issue all of my adult life. The holiday traditions is what I love and thank God for.

Reactions: Lambano

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The evil is in believing in this all knowing and all seeing fable . GOD ALONE GETS ONLY THAT RECOGINITION .
It may seem harmless , but its deadly blasphemous . You better not pout , you better not cry i am telling you why....
HE knows when you ...............
HE KNOWS when you ........
HE KNOWS WHEN .......................
SO BE GOOD FOR GOODNESS SAKE . THAT IS EVIL AS HECK . I SHUN this fable to hades . GOD ALONE KNOWS
NOT santy clause . This is an abomniation and to say such and to tell kids such is far more an abomination that most folks think.
IT aint cute to let kids believe them is some all knowing presence called santa at the north pole WHO KNOWS EVERYTHING they do
SO BE GOOD , cause this santa is watching . WHAT A MOCKERY TO GOD . What an abomnation .
As for me , the only things i am gonna tell kids or anyone is , GOD IS WATCHING , AND FOLKS NEED JESUS .
Wow, surely that is pure evil--sounds like a fire and brimstone Preacher!

You all are making way too big a thing of this. It's not blasphemous, not evil...it is a parable of our Father in heaven, shared by loving parents who have no intention of steering their children away from God. On the contrary, they simply choose to warm their hearts for a few years before getting around to more serious matters, just as they would with the birds and the bees.

Jimminy Christmas!

Or is The Birds and the Bees also on the evil list? :eek:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, surely that is evil--sounds like a fire and brimstone Preacher!

You all are making way too big a thing of this. It's not blasphemous, not evil...it is a parable of our Father in heaven, shared by loving parents who have no intention of steering their children away from God. On the contrary, they simply choose to warm their hearts for a few years before getting around to the real truth, just as they would with the birds and the bees.

Sheesh!

Or is The Birds and the Bees also on the evil list?
This type of stuff dont work on me my friend . I love souls so i warn souls .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From a surprising source.....

Italian bishop goes grinchy, tells children 'Santa doesn't exist'
Dec 10, 2021
by Christopher White
20201213T0800-CHRISTMAS-MARYLAND-1010916%20copy.jpg

A Santa Claus figure is illuminated in a Christmas lights show at Sandy Point State Park on Maryland's Chesapeake Bay Dec. 12, 2020.

(CNS/Bob Roller)
ROME — 'Tis the season for truth telling, according to an Italian bishop who is doubling down on his controversial remarks that "Santa Claus doesn't exist."

Bishop Antonio Staglianò of Nato, Sicily, went on to add that the traditional red suit donned by Santa Claus "was chosen by Coca Cola exclusively for advertising purposes."

The southern Italian newspaper Corriere del Mezzogiorno reported on Dec. 9 that young children were in attendance when Staglianò made his now controversial comments. Parents have taken to social media to vent their frustrations.

"Do not worry children, Santa Claus is coming again this year. Perhaps he comes with more effort, but he comes to visit you, in spite of the Bishop of Noto!" wrote one Twitter commentator.

Some social media commentators cynically noted that the bishop's remarks came "immediately after he told him the story of a woman who gave birth by the Holy Spirit."

On Dec. 10, both "Coca Cola" and "Babbo Natale" (Santa Claus or Father Christmas in Italian) were trending on social media in Italy.

(While Coca-Cola did not invent the legend of Santa Claus, they did commission a 1931 illustration of a bearded man wearing a red suit, holding a bottle of Coca-Cola soda, that has given rise to his common depictions over the last century.)

Despite the outrage, the bishop said he didn't mind coming off as a bit of a grinch, saying he was helping to "recover the true sense of the Christian tradition of Christmas."

Staglianò went on to say that during a holiday that is often dominated by a focus on consumerism and gift buying, he hopes children will come to have a sense of "solidarity'' with poorer children.

Children, said the bishop, "know that Santa Claus is daddy or uncle. So [there are] no broken dreams."

Christopher White
Christopher White is the Vatican correspondent for NCR. His email address is [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter: @CWWhiteNCR.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's the thing. Once little children grow up and discover that Santa is pure fantasy, will they not say to themselves "Our parents lied to us"? Which means that it would then be difficult for Christian parents (at least) to talk about the truth of the birth of Christ and what it really means. We never gave our children any notion that Santa was real or that he would bring them presents.
and i suppose you know children like this ? i dont of of any your logic is way out