Is Santa Claus a fraud?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Santa Claus a fraud?

• Total voters

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
and i suppose you know children like this ? i dont of of any your logic is way out

Your logic is fallacious. I do know people where Santa had a negative effect on them leaving God and so do others...
Just because you haven't been hit by lighting doesn't mean it doesn't happen. You anecdote is irrelevant

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Good morning, or afternoon, or evening
With so many people firmly believing in Santa its time to lighten things up with some memes...

xmaslies.jpg

Santa is by definition a lie... Satan is the father of lie. Do not lead children astray

Reactions: charity

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your logic is fallacious. I do know people where Santa had a negative effect on them leaving God and so do others...
Just because you haven't been hit by lighting doesn't mean it doesn't happen. You anecdote is irrelevant
lol the sky is falling chicken little go tell turkey lurky

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We ought never to heed fables . Fables like santa , easter bunny , tooth fairy and scores of other things .
Satan never comes out to make evil appear is though its really evil . He is real good and making it seem harmless , fun and etc .
Think about all the harry potter movies . We all know God hates witchcraft . Yet satan tones it down and makes it seem
cute and harmless . Some would be suprised at how many kids were actually influenced to delve into the dark arts
after growing up on shows like that . And just cause every child dont , dont mean its okay to let them watch that stuff either .
We must get far more serious on things that GOD has called evil . AS i know my dear sister already KNOWS THIS .
We should love the things of GOD and abstain from ALL appearance of evil .
One time when I lost a tooth (remember this was in the fifties, money went farther :) ), I guess my Dad didn't have any change, so the "Tooth Fairy" left, under my pillow, a check for a dime.

Fun memory, and I never forgot it. Santa never bothered me, either. It was fun.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One time when I lost a tooth (remember this was in the fifties, money went farther :) ), I guess my Dad didn't have any change, so the "Tooth Fairy" left, under my pillow, a check for a dime.

Fun memory, and I never forgot it. Santa never bothered me, either. It was fun.
Lots of people have fun at wild parties , but that does not make it right . i used to live in sin and lies and thought it was fun .
harry potter is fun to lots of kids , but that does make it right .
We have to put away those kinds of things .
The thing is that when GOD truly drew me to Christ the things i once had fun in died to me and the things which
God finds pleasing came alive in me .
Ponder on that for a while my friend .
Let us cast aside all fables and cling unto the truth . Joy in the LORD , in HIS Truth and Holiness .
Let us keep the pagan things far from us .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lots of people have fun at wild parties , but that does not make it right . i used to live in sin and lies and thought it was fun .
harry potter is fun to lots of kids , but that does make it right .
We have to put away those kinds of things .
The thing is that when GOD truly drew me to Christ the things i once had fun in died to me and the things which
God finds pleasing came alive in me .
Ponder on that for a while my friend .
Let us cast aside all fables and cling unto the truth . Joy in the LORD , in HIS Truth and Holiness .
Let us keep the pagan things far from us .

Oh, my Goodness. Shall I rewrite it to suit you then?
My old post:
"One time when I lost a tooth (remember this was in the fifties, money went farther :) ), I guess my Dad didn't have any change, so the "Tooth Fairy" left, under my pillow, a check for a dime.
Fun memory, and I never forgot it. Santa never bothered me, either. It was fun."

My new and improved post, unpaganized:
One time when I lost a tooth (remember this was in the fifties, money went farther :) ),My father, who was deeply paganized ,didn't have any change, so he, operating as the pagan "Tooth Fairy" left, under my pillow, a check for a dime. Since I've been inducted into paganism unknowingly at a young age, I accepted the check. That, and even pagan Santavisited! We even had a (gulp!) tree!!:eek:

Although it was a fun then , now I spend hours crawling up and down stairs till my knees bleed, while whipping my back, screaming,"Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa" trying to rid myself of any leftover stain from that check. Horrors!

Reactions: GaryAnderson

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, my Goodness. Shall I rewrite it to suit you then?
My old post:
"One time when I lost a tooth (remember this was in the fifties, money went farther :) ), I guess my Dad didn't have any change, so the "Tooth Fairy" left, under my pillow, a check for a dime.
Fun memory, and I never forgot it. Santa never bothered me, either. It was fun."

My new and improved post, unpaganized:
One time when I lost a tooth (remember this was in the fifties, money went farther :) ),My father, who was deeply paganized ,didn't have any change, so he, operating as the pagan "Tooth Fairy" left, under my pillow, a check for a dime. Since I've been inducted into paganism unknowingly at a young age, I accepted the check. That, and even pagan Santavisited! We even had a (gulp!) tree!!:eek:

Although it was a fun then , now I spend hours crawling up and down stairs till my knees bleed, while whipping my back, screaming,"Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa" trying to rid myself of any leftover stain from that check. Horrors!
How about this reminder , but one thing i do , FORGETTING that which is behind and pressing forward .
I am a bit worried about something . Now dont take offense , see this as love . I pray to GOD you are not going
in the direction of the catholic church . I seen to many MEA this and mea that . This i say , not to condmen you , but out of great love to warn you . DO not go in that direction . Let us simply learn Christ JESUS of that bible and let us not be led astray by wayward men .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am almost the opposite of catholic. What you call love, I call meddling.

Having watched several shows and read several books concerning Henry the eighth and his friend Thomas More, and knowing that More, would beat himself, and "mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa"I thought would be a great way for me to poke fun at your post. Find a punishment that doesn't go away-- one that is a doozy.. I'm trying to give you the full effect of my remorse and sorrow (even though I really don't have any remorse or sorrow for that)

Did you not see the sarcasm?

I also am taking , through Senior Learn, a Latin class, Cambridge Latin Book 1 so far. So I can 'mea" all I wish around here.

Caecilius est in horto, dude.

Are you always so critical of others under the guise of love? Have you looked at yourself lately? We need to make sure our hearts are right, don't we?

Last edited:

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saying Santa Claus is taking the glory away from Christ implies Christ ever had anything to do with this Satan-inspired festival. It is completely blasphemous to even imply it should be about Christ because as the OT God, He stated in very clear language that it is 100% unacceptable to use pagan traditions to honor Him:

“When the LORD your God cuts off from before you the nations which you go to dispossess, and you displace them and dwell in their land, take heed to yourself that you are not ensnared to follow them, after they are destroyed from before you, and that you do not inquire after their gods, saying, ‘How did these nations serve their gods? I also will do likewise.’ You shall not worship the LORD your God in that way; for every abomination to the LORD which He hates they have done to their gods; for they burn even their sons and daughters in the fire to their gods." - Deut. 12:29-31

Doing these things brought God's wrath on the Canaanites, and the Israelites eventually found themselves on the receiving end of that wrath for doing the same, even though they had the benefit of God personally telling them not to worship Him in such a manner. Are "Christians" today so thick in the head and arrogant that they think the same won't happen to them just because their intentions are good? Have they not read Jesus' words to the Samaritan woman when He told her that God must be worshiped in spirit and truth? If people truly want to honor Christ, He left instructions on how that was to be done in Lev. 23!
@Ezra The point is not the date of Christmas; the point is rather the glorious Biblical truth of the Incarnation of the Savior! :)
The Bible nowhere commands Christians to celebrate Christ's birthday. And even if it did, it wouldn't be on Dec. 25th since Christ was born no later than October. The scriptures make this abundantly clear because Luke explicitly states that His birth occurred during tax season and at a time when the shepherds were still outside with their sheep. Christ didn't even celebrate His own birthday, and true Christians follow His example.

In a nutshell, there is nothing biblical or truthful about the idea that Christmas about Christ because it doesn't line up with the facts of the Bible or history. As Paul taught in Eph. 4:25, Christians have a moral obligation to be truth tellers. Whoever perpetuates the idea that Christmas has anything to do with Christ is by God's standard a liar and a deceiver.
People always have to have their false gods.... that's not gonna change.
It's going to change very soon when Christ returns. You can bet on that.
Christmas and Easter may once have been pagan holidays, but not since the church fathers took them over claiming them for Christ. They are captured territory.

But why stop there? All the kingdoms of the earth were once pagan...before God chose a people out of them that were not a people as a light unto the nations, that all nations and peoples should be blessed. But, no, let the pagans have it all, just give it all back to them. Wrong!

As for it all being lies, it's not. It's make believe, which indeed all loving parents do...even God. He spoke in parables, and created all manner of things, including the flesh, in His own manner of make believe...yes, that we, his children, might believe.
According to what the Bible says, they are still pagan. In all of the OT prophecies concerning the last days, God refers to holidays like Easter, Halloween, and Christmas for what they are: idolatrous festivals that are keeping people enslaved to demons. I strongly advise you read Ecc. 1:15 where Solomon says crooked things can't be made straight.

You can put as much lipstick, eye shadow, glitter, gloss, and perfume as you want on a pig, but that pig won't be transformed into a beauty queen. It will still sound like a pig, smell like a pig, and roll around in filth like a pig. People have different reasons for celebrating Christmas and the reasoning behind its celebration has changed over time, but the fruit is just as bad as it was millennia ago. The worst part is that most people who claim they live by the Bible love to disregard everything it has to say about the inherent evil and futility that permeates this festival.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to what the Bible says, they are still pagan. In all of the OT prophecies concerning the last days, God refers to holidays like Easter, Halloween, and Christmas for what they are: idolatrous festivals that are keeping people enslaved to demons. I strongly advise you read Ecc. 1:15 where Solomon says crooked things can't be made straight.

You can put as much lipstick, eye shadow, glitter, gloss, and perfume as you want on a pig, but that pig won't be transformed into a beauty queen. It will still sound like a pig, smell like a pig, and roll around in filth like a pig. People have different reasons for celebrating Christmas and the reasoning behind its celebration has changed over time, but the fruit is just as bad as it was millennia ago. The worst part is that most people who claim they live by the Bible love to disregard everything it has to say about the inherent evil and futility that permeates this festival.
You will have to do better than Ecclesiastes 1:15, for it only pertains to what a man (Solomon) can do in this world, but not what God can do. But you are somewhat correct, Solomon is not the son of David that has overcome the world.

But obviously you missed where I said that even all the world was once Pagan, and that God had other plans. And yet here you are speaking as if anything that was once Pagan, shall always be--even all the world.

You only demonstrate that your knowledge and understanding of "what the Bible says"...is in grave error.

Last edited: