Is sex only for procreation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am talking about sex between a married man and woman.

Sex is enjoyable, Proverbs 5:

18 Let your fountain be blessed, and rejoice in the wife of your youth, a lovely deer, a graceful doe. 19 Let her breasts fill you at all times with delight; be intoxicated always in her love.
Paul thought it was okay to have sex for different purposes other than having babies, 1 Corinthians 7:

1 Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” 2 But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.
Sex can alleviate a temptation problem.

3 The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband.
Sex is a conjugal right.

4 For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. 5 Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.
Again, the temptation was mentioned.

8 To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is good for them to remain single, as I am. 9 But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.
Sex can alleviate the problem of sexual burning passion. Sex is pleasurable. We are allowed to enjoy sex apart from making babies :)

Reactions: Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sex is enjoyable, Proverbs 5:

Yes, my wife and I have noticed that. :Broadly: But since her mastectomy (13% of the women in the US will be diagnosed with breast cancer during their lives), I had to get the white-out and change "breasts" from plural to singular in Proverbs 5:19:
18 Let your fountain be blessed, and rejoice in the wife of your youth, a lovely deer, a graceful doe. 19 Let her breasts fill you at all times with delight; be intoxicated always in her love.

The great theological question: Does this expose me to the curse of Revelation 22:19 if I remove a single letter from my Bible? For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. (Matthew 5:18)

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is sex only for procreation?

No.

Sex is for procreation within a marriage between A man and A woman….AND pleasure between the man and the woman within a marriage.