is something wrong with me? *cw, substance abuse*

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i would like to say i havent used since i posted last in this thread. i appreciate the responses. i thought it would help to tell my progress.
@JesusLovesYou and you are right. just telling someone and them stopping isnt easy for them to do. i ahve a couple friends giving my advice about what i should do next but i havent done it yet,

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So how would you convince someone to stop taking the medications and start dealing with life? Just telling them is not enough. What can one do beyond words to help someone in this situation?
There is no affliction that God can't heal....the affliction of sin is at the front of the line. Do we want healing? There is no good news from which any are exempt. Words are good places to start.......words accompanied with responses which are congruent.

Do we assume Jesus was not emotionally involved? Consider the cross as emotional involvement....consider the cross the evidence of God's emotional involvement....an involvement that underpins all other.

Reactions: Tone

JesusLovesYou

Oct 18, 2020
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i would like to say i havent used since i posted last in this thread. i appreciate the responses. i thought it would help to tell my progress.
@JesusLovesYou and you are right. just telling someone and them stopping isnt easy for them to do. i ahve a couple friends giving my advice about what i should do next but i havent done it yet,

Although, one thing I know about the medication my wife is taking is that it has to be interrupted gradually, over a period of weeks. You should do some research talk to a professional about this. If you have the will to do it, and with God’s help, you will be able to get through this. I am praying for you.

Reactions: Tone

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly the best formal "treatment" I underwent was doing Teen Challenge, which I graduated from. And not because they pushed some psychological model or some other manmade techniques or drugs, but because it was all about meeting with The One Who has the Power and Authority to Deliver from anything and everything.

Was I sober after completing T.C.? Yes, for a time, but things got worse...way worse. I did three prison terms since graduating T.C.. But one thing that did happen, was those roots that went deep while fellowshipping and serving there, held fast and the training I received was used everywhere I went. And when I fall, I fall forward every time (As I was taught to do)...ha ha...and He works through me regardless of any doubts and/or struggles.

No, I don't condone sin of any sort. My point is that the best thing to do is dig your roots in deep by reading and studying the Bible, praying constantly, fellowshipping with believers, and using your gifts and talents to serve others.

The storms will come regardless.

There is nothing wrong with you that isn't wrong with all of us who also drag this body of death around with us in this present world, but:

John 16
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

Romans 6
1What then shall we say? Shall we continue in sin so that grace may increase? 2Certainly not! How can we who died to sin live in it any longer?

Romans 8
"28 And we know that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose."

2 Corinthians 12
"9But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest on me."

I graduated Teen Challenge too, in Texas!!!!! Praise God, brother. I was 21. I was one of the few who never did drugs or alcohol. But I self injured and have had a traumatic childhood that lead to serious depression and anxiety. Id be dead if it weren't for going there.

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I graduated Teen Challenge too, in Texas!!!!! Praise God, brother. I was 21. I was one of the few who never did drugs or alcohol. But I self injured and have had a traumatic childhood that lead to serious depression and anxiety. Id be dead if it weren't for going there.

Oh nice, yeah I was 21 too...when I graduated!

Looking back I see the Hand of Elohim preparing me for the trials and tribulation I would face soon after that time in my life. It was like the spiritual bootcamp that prepared me for imminent warfare. Yeah, your childhood sounds like mine, "traumatic", but my self harm was alcohol, drugs, crime, sex, and a suicidal nosedive in the way of death. Praise Abba for His Faithfulness in keeping His Promises!

Reactions: Mayflower