is something wrong with me? *cw, substance abuse*

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have had too much coffee whereas it makes my heart race or palpitations.
i just dont know. i did read one article about someone being dependent on triptans. maybe it really doesnt happen too often.
i guess in a lot of my posts like this i might be looking for empathy more than other things.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i used one of my prescriptions the other day. i wasnt trying to self harm. i was just trying to cope so i wont get down.
i dont feel guilty . but i know it is wrong. i feel like i would do it again if i feel low enough. i just know i would confess about other things but otherwise i jsut dont know.

Don't feel bad at all about using a prescription the right way. I believe God can heal your mind and emotions completely to get through these low times. But I also know that I used depression and anxiety medication for years and probably would not be alive if I hadn't. Just know God loves you where you are at. He loves you no more or less. Keep clinging to Him and praying for how to use your hope and faith to get you through these times. They will come, but God is always with us, even in our low times.

downloadfile-21.jpg

downloadfile-17.jpg

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i just dont know. i did read one article about someone being dependent on triptans. maybe it really doesnt happen too often.
i guess in a lot of my posts like this i might be looking for empathy more than other things.
Coffee used to do the same thing to me, I drink it because my daily med makes me slightly tired.

I had refractory migraines so I took a lot of triptans for about a few months. But I switched to pain meds and management. But those days are behind me now, I got used to the pain somehow.

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, like what @Mayflower says, He is with us through it all...highs and lows.

We just have to breathe in, breathe out and wait on Him.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I just smoked a cigarette...

Now I'm having some double chocolate fudge brownie ice cream to take the taste away!

Lol!!!!
Well, I just smoked a cigarette...

Now I'm having some double chocolate fudge brownie ice cream to take the taste away!

Oh wait. Didnt mean to like that. Lol. But really, keep up the fight on cigarette smoking. It is a good habit to break if you can. But I had to lol at the chocolate part.

Reactions: Tone

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't feel bad at all about using a prescription the right way. I believe God can heal your mind and emotions completely to get through these low times. But I also know that I used depression and anxiety medication for years and probably would not be alive if I hadn't. Just know God loves you where you are at. He loves you no more or less. Keep clinging to Him and praying for how to use your hope and faith to get you through these times. They will come, but God is always with us, even in our low times.

View attachment 13326

View attachment 13327
that is the thing. i didnt feel bad. i didnt use the medicine the right way at all.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

CB is getting there in the empathy part. There are thinkers on here and nothing wrong with that! I think you might enjoy the praise/prayer/fellowship sections though. It may help you feel a bit better in low times. I think the closer you get to God, the better you feel. I would say this has been my experience.

Reactions: Tone and dev553344

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is the thing. i didnt feel bad. i didnt use the medicine the right way at all.

Okay I think I understand. Id be careful about that. Any prescription used in a wrong way can be very bad for you. Do you have anyone you can talk to when you are low like this?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CB is getting there in the empathy part. There are thinkers on here and nothing ering with that! I think you might enjoy the praise/prayer/fellowship sections though. It may help you feel a bit better in low times. I think the closer you get to God, the better you feel. I would say this has been my experience.
I find peace and love from Gods holy spirit (Galatians 5:22-25) from serving him and his children, just sharing on these forums is uplifting with the spirit of peace and love I find :)

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does "ha Mashiach" mean? Just curious

Ha is "the" and Mashiach is "Messiah"...Anointed One!

Oh yeah, on a positive note...

I've done really well with my caffeine intake!

*Only in the chocolate I ate today

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Found this:

"Triptans have few side effects if used in correct dosage and frequency. The most common adverse effect is recurrence of migraine. A systematic review found that "rizatriptan 10 mg was the only triptan with a recurrence rate greater than that of placebo".[19]

There is a theoretical risk of coronary spasm in patients with established heart disease, and cardiac events after taking triptans may rarely occur.[20]"

Correct. I used to get cluster migraines and took Imitrex for it. But, I had to stop when I got chest pain. There is heart disease on both sides of my fam. From then on out, I would just take 3 Excedrin P.M.'s, lay down in a dark cool room, cool damp cloth over the eyes and, make sure nobody was cooking food! Several hours later, I'd wake up and felt much better :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct. I used to get cluster migraines and took Imitrex for it. But, I had to stop when I got chest pain. There is heart disease on both sides of my fam. From then on out, I would just take 3 Excedrin P.M.'s, lay down in a dark cool room, cool damp cloth over the eyes and, make sure nobody was cooking food! Several hours later, I'd wake up and felt much better :)

I think that's what I took, and now I'm starting to remember chest pain also, it was about 15 years ago, but yeah I think I remember chest pain. But I had high blood pressure at the time also.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayflower and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that's what I took, and now I'm starting to remember chest pain also, it was about 15 years ago, but yeah I think I remember chest pain.
Kind of leaves some migraine sufferers between a rock and a hard place. It constricts the blood vessels not only in your head but, also to your heart! :O

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kind of leaves some migraine sufferers between a rock and a hard place. It constricts the blood vessels not only in your head but, also to your heart! :O

I kinda wanted to say not to play around with the triptan meds, but was unsure how to approach it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayflower and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @lilygrace !
I'm so sorry you have this to deal with. It is hard as, many cannot relate to depression and anxiety. It effects a slew of things; minds, bodies, spirits, emotions and mental acuity. I am on 2 different meds. They only take the edge off, really. But then, this is something I've been living with for over 20 years and it has come full circle.
When you are at your lowest of lows, there is only one place to look and, that is up. Reach out to Him, scream from your heart for Him to pull you out. And, if possible, be around people when you can. Long term effects of depression can shrink parts of our brains dealing with, laughter, conversations, organization of thoughts, socialization... it dulls certain areas as well, leaving one not at all interested in things they once were. I will pray for you sister. You are not alone.
God bless you with His peace!
nancy