Is "The Beast" another name for Satan's corrupt, worldly, system?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When John described those that didn't worship the Beast in Revelation 20:4, is he talking about all people that were not "of the world"?

Revelation 20:4
Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

While we're at it, is the "mark" a spiritual mark that we are unable to see? In other words, is it possible that those who are "of the world" or who "worship the Beast" are spiritually marked?

John 15:19 esv
If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The idea of the 'beast' is especially laid out in the Book of Daniel. But also see Jude, and 2 Peter 2:12 about the "brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed". It's about the seed that Satan sowed, i.e., his servants in this world that serve him.

Matt 13:37-40
37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom;
but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
KJV

Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon, was haughty, and thought of himself as a God. Our Heavenly Father showed him that he was not God, but that there is only one GOD. Neb contracted a disease that made him go into the wild and live like a wild beast. There's a medical name for it, but I can't recall it here. Neb wound up repenting to GOD, and Neb would write the Daniel 4 chapter. But he represented the idea of a 'beast' king, and his kingdom of Babylon as a beast kingdom.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The idea of the 'beast' is especially laid out in the Book of Daniel. But also see Jude, and 2 Peter 2:12 about the "brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed". It's about the seed that Satan sowed, i.e., his servants in this world that serve him.

Matt 13:37-40
37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom;
but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
KJV

Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon, was haughty, and thought of himself as a God. Our Heavenly Father showed him that he was not God, but that there is only one GOD. Neb contracted a disease that made him go into the wild and live like a wild beast. There's a medical name for it, but I can't recall it here. Neb wound up repenting to GOD, and Neb would write the Daniel 4 chapter. But he represented the idea of a 'beast' king, and his kingdom of Babylon as a beast kingdom.

Great post. Thanks.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When John described those that didn't worship the Beast in Revelation 20:4, is he talking about all people that were not "of the world"?

Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

While we're at it, is the "mark" a spiritual mark that we are unable to see? In other words, is it possible that those who are "of the world" or who "worship the Beast" are spiritually marked?

If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
Satan is at the helm. He can be referred to as the Beast, but it the world system empowered by him. The dragon with seven heads and ten horns represents ten nations joined together to attack Israel.
In history the Beast was manifest in different times as the Babylonian, Egyptian, Medo-Persian, Assyrian, Greek and Roman empires. Then the Ottoman empire lasted till hundred years ago, then is now revived (Islam). There is currently an alliance of Islamic nations: Iran, Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Libya, Yemen, with Russia now with military bases in Syria, and has assisted with Iranian nuclear program for decades ... can only mean war is coming. China is involved as well and will soon take Taiwan. They must be strategic, keep the USA preoccupied with destruction that will be ignited simultaneously. Think of the possible terrorists that have come across the border freely in the last three years. Out of 6 million illegal immigrants, if only one in a thousand were Islamic terrorists, that would mean 6,000 are here and planning a nationwide attack on all major cities. Get ready!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Daniel's (Little Horn), Paul's (Man Of Sin), And John's (The Beast) A Literal Human Man,, That Will Be Present On This Earth At The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ

The figure mentioned above will be a "Future" literal human man, and he will be present on earth in a living human body to witness the "Future" second coming and final judgment as scripture clearly teaches below

Daniel's (Little Horn) Present On Earth At The Second Coming

Daniel 7:8-11KJV
8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.
9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

Paul's (Man Of Sin) Present On Earth At The Second Coming

2 Thessalonians 2:3-8KJV
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

John's (The Beast) Present On Earth At The Second Coming

Revelation 19:19-20KJV
19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Reactions: Patrick1966

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the "Right Hand" mark could very well be the "Satanic Cornu" that is used as a salute to Satan, been around for centuries?

This salute using the right hand is hailing Satan as Supreme, seen at rock concerts, used in pagan worship, witches covens, etc

Wikipedia: The sign of the horns is a hand gesture with a variety of meanings and uses in various cultures. It is formed by extending the index and little fingers while holding the middle and ring fingers down with the thumb.

A demonstration of the sign of the horns

Padmasambhava, the founder of Tibetan Buddhism, showing the Karana Mudrā. The statue is located in Namchi, India.

Italian handsigns:
la fica, and le corna used for protection against the evil eye

QuantumBit

Apr 18, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your question is perfect for applying the 'Rule/Law of First Mention'...

"In order to understand the Bible systematically, theologians and philosophers have developed the study of hermeneutics, which deals with the general ways for interpreting Scripture and other written texts. The First Mention Principle is one of the many hermeneutical techniques that exist in order to interpret the Bible."

First Mention Principle Definition | Bible Dictionary

The word 'Mark' is first mentioned here...

Genesis 4:15
"And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him."

I will give my opinion from years of research.

The Mark of Cain and the Mark of the Beast are either synonymous with one another or highly related. One similarity is that the Mark of Cain prevented Cain from 'being killed'. We find a similar theme in the Book of Revelation...

Revelation 9:6
"And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."

Those with the Mark are unable to die. This to me means that they have had something done to their DNA to give them a counterfeit form of immortality. This is what I believe God gave to Cain. Thus, the Mark was not a 'tattoo' or something topical. God literally changed the Genetics of Cain.

If we keep going with these connections, we find that Cain *is* the Beast. Or another way of putting it, Cain was the first incarnation of Satan into a Humanoid Body. Each head of the Beast is Satan incarnating over and over as the various Antichrists throughout history.

Now, if this sounds crazy, I suggest folks look at what the name 'Cain' means...

Strong's Hebrew 7014: Qayin
The same as qayin (with a play upon the affinity to qanah).
see HEBREW qanah

Strong's Hebrew: 7014. קָ֫יִן (Qayin) -- Cain

From the above, we see that the name 'Cain' came from 'Qanah'...

Strong's Hebrew 7069: qanah
Definition: to get, acquire

Strong's Hebrew: 7069. קָנָה (qanah) -- to get, acquire

Why is this important? When a Child is born in the Bible, the name given to it often reflects the events that occurred. Cain was named in this manner...

Genesis 4:1
"And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD."

The word 'Gotten' is Qanah. Do you know what that word means? It means 'to buy and sell'. Meditate on that.

Eve 'paid the price' to have Cain by partaking of the Forbidden Fruit.

Qanah is also used here as 'sold'...

Zechariah 13:5 (English Standard Version)
"but he will say, ‘I am no prophet, I am a worker of the soil, for a man sold me in my youth.’"

Thus, the name 'Cain' means 'to buy and sell'. The Mark of the Beast is DNA transformation... aka... Transhumanism.

• Wow
Reactions: Patrick1966

rdclmn72

May 14, 2023
Dunlap TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abimelek died after his head was crushed by a mill stone while attacking a city. A fatal injury to the head by a military man.
The beast is also a military entity who in concert with the false prophet and others are part of the end time tribulation period.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No. The bible is focusing upon one smaller group who lived and was killed during the GT. All the dead in Christ will resurrected when those beheaded saints do, but John is only being shown that one group in that passage.

While we're at it, is the "mark" a spiritual mark that we are unable to see?

It's spoken of more in Rev 13 where it's clear it is visible or at least detectable because only those who have it can buy or sell.

In other words, is it possible that those who are "of the world" or who "worship the Beast" are spiritually marked?

If they were only spiritually marked, then anyone could claim to be marked and buy and sell...so no.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, if this sounds crazy, I suggest folks look at what the name 'Cain' means...

Strong's Hebrew 7014: Qayin
The same as qayin (with a play upon the affinity to qanah).
see HEBREW qanah

Strong's Hebrew: 7014. קָ֫יִן (Qayin) -- Cain

From the above, we see that the name 'Cain' came from 'Qanah'...

lol, no. It doesn't come from that word. There is simply a play upon it...kind of like an inside joke.

Also, the bible never one time says satan incarnated into Cain, or that satan ever incarnates at all. That is Gnostic serpent seed nonsense.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Meanwhile, some points about the beast from the sea of sinful humanity to ponder:

1685694149195.png
1685694370575.png

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Is "The Beast" another name for Satan's corrupt, worldly, system?​

for your reflections.....the Dragon is Satan; the Beast (s) is/ are the political powers he works through to legislate his aims; the Prostitute is religious entity who significantly influences, even steers political directions either overtly or covertly.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

for your reflections.....the Dragon is Satan; the Beast (s) is/ are the political powers he works through to legislate his aims; the Prostitute is religious entity who significantly influences, even steers political directions either overtly or covertly.

What evidence from scripture is there that Babylon described in Revelation existed in the past (or even now)?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What evidence from scripture is there that Babylon described in Revelation existed in the past (or even now)?
Babylon is known to the Hebrews as the oppressor of God's people. There are also other metaphors like 'Egypt'
Babylon totally destroyed Jerusalem including its temple and is taken from the book of Daniel. It is now used in Revelation as a metaphor for the oppressor/ persecutor of God's people.
Babylon is also symbolised as a seductive religious entity.....'The Great' indicates it's been around a long time and is pervasive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Yes. The Beast and the false prophet are cast into the Lake of Fire whilst Satan the Dragon is bound and cast into the Abyss for 1000 years before losing in battle against the Lord and being cast into the Lake of Fire where the Beast and false prophet are.

Three separate but complicit entities.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the beast could be an army.

While the beast that comes over the sea could be yet another army which crosses oceans to oppose the first army.

The false prophet might describe mainstream media or social media. There certainly seem to be many who follow television news as if it were a prophet informing them of everything they need to know.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Incidentally, what comes to mind is Boney M's song, 'By the rivers of Babylon'

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Babylon is known to the Hebrews as the oppressor of God's people. There are also other metaphors like 'Egypt'
Babylon totally destroyed Jerusalem including its temple and is taken from the book of Daniel. It is now used in Revelation as a metaphor for the oppressor/ persecutor of God's people.
Babylon is also symbolised as a seductive religious entity.....'The Great' indicates it's been around a long time and is pervasive.

Again, speaking of the Babylon described in Revelation. Where does it say that Babylon existed prior to the GT?

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the beast could be an army.

While the beast that comes over the sea could be yet another army which crosses oceans to oppose the first army.

Scripture presents the beast as separate from it's army:

Rev 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

Reactions: Stumpmaster