Is the Bible lying ?... Was Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Minnesota sounds like a lovely place on the planet to live Job. A friend of mine from here goes home to Minnesota in the US every summer for 7 weeks, this is usually when it's cold and rainy here in NZ

This is what it looks like now. God's handiwork is truly awesome.

1412280553000-Fall-colors_1112903_ver1.0.jpg

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is what it looks like now. God's handiwork is truly awesome.

1412280553000-Fall-colors_1112903_ver1.0.jpg
wow, what a stunning photo..."ByGrace" also posted one, super awsome Father we have, whether we look here on earth or anywhere in the cosmos...Australia surely misses out, I haven't seen this since I was a young girl in Scandinavia..Thank you, it's gorgeous..:)

Reactions: Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I still wouldn't want to do it. I spent of my growing up days in a small town in California.

My step-dad was a workaholic and we had several massive walnut trees that produced tons of the things. My brother and I would pick them up off the ground, take them in the house and crack them on my mother's kitchen table. She used as additions to many of the multitude of delights she regularly made from scratch. The fruit all came fresh from the trees or bushes or from the hundreds of jars she had canned in previous seasons. One of my favorites was a hot turnover filled with apricot filling. I has usually picked the apricots myself but she made them into delicious goodies.

Some her other specials were donuts, cream puffs and filled chocolate covered eclairs, plus ever kind of pie imaginable. All of this stuff, including the crusts for her pies were made from scratch. Those were the days my friend, we wished -at times- they'd never end...

But the work was still work.
Sounds absolutely wonderful. :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds absolutely wonderful. :)
According to the flesh, it certainly was. But, I was a child and teenager then. No more of that although my mind remembers it very well. Thinking on those things reminds me of how God made it all:

"And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day." Gen 1:31

Reactions: pia

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
According to the flesh, it certainly was. But, I was a child and teenager then. No more of that although my mind remembers it very well. Thinking on those things reminds me of how God made it all:

"And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day." Gen 1:31

not just the painter of the leaves on the trees
but also the fruits and flowers and the birds and bees - twinc

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not just the painter of the leaves on the trees
but also the fruits and flowers and the birds and bees - twinc
Thank you for that twinc. At times you are really surprising.

Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Yes but our loving Father made it that way, so I appreciate both the things I can enjoy in the flesh as well as the spirit...I mean a beautiful piece of fruit off a tree is delightful or a really good meal...Having fun with good friends and such is also very much appreciated by me...I don't get too hung up on this flesh stuff, I take it as, not resorting to acting out 'in the flesh' the way others respond to various things and people. But enjoying nature and everything in it, with my 5 senses, I don't see anything wrong with that...For sure whenever I see nature specials, all I can think of is 'Thank you Father, you surely made it VERY well." :)

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Most Christians I have met, from whichever denomination, has a lot of trouble believing that the Resurrected Jesus, can and does choose to Manifest Himself at times, so I went looking in the Bible....The following is some of what I found...( I can't physically type the entire chapters, so please read them for yourselves )
Matthew 28 : All
Speaks of the women going to the tomb, finding the angels there who tell them He is Risen and to go tell the disciples, saying :" He will go before you into Galilee."
Jesus then comes to them and His final Word to them is this :" I am with you ALWAYS, even till the end of the age ( or world as it says in some translations ).
Mark 16 : All

Reads very similar to the book of Matthew....Mary told the disciples....They didn't believe the women.
Jesus met two men on the road.........They told the disciples.....They didn't believe them.
Mk16:14 In this verse Jesus appears before the 11 and rebukes them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had Risen.

Luke 24 : All
A man who is named Cleopas and another man are on a road, Jesus goes with them, and He ends up having dinner with them, and as He does and breaks the bread, He vanishes before their sight and they suddenly know who had been sharing their time and food with them.
It makes a point of saying that Jesus opened the SCRIPTURES for them...Whenever scripture is referred to, it is talking about the Law and the Prophets. He showed them how He had fulfilled them, it says....
In verse 36......Jesus comes among the disciples and speaks to Thomas:
" Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself...Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bone, as you see I HAVE."
He goes on to tell them they will receive the promised Holy Spirit from the Father..

John 20 and 21 :
Jn:20 is filled with references with Jesus being seen and heard for some time after He had Risen.
Jn20:27....Then Jesus said to Thomas:" Reach your finger here and look at My hands, and reach your hand and put it into My side.
Do not be unbelieving BUT believing."
29) Because you have seen Me, you believe. Blessed are they who have not seen and believed
All these things were before the Day of Pentecost.
Acts 2: 21 And it shall come to pass, that WHOEVER calls upon the name of the Lord, SHALL BE SAVED......

I am, but one of many, who can verify the Truth of those written words. I was blessed to be saved upon calling and witness to both His appearance and the fact that He can be solid, as I was able to lean on Him at a certain time.
Yet I get ridiculed and outright rejected, made fun of, have to endure endless sarcastic remarks, EVEN when people can find the very things I pass on, in their Bibles, it may be written in slightly different language, but it is the same.... He is capable of speaking quite normal, but we have always been able to see, when someone has shown me a scripture, exactly what He's saying.......
So what am I supposed to do with that ????
Am I supposed to say to Him :" Lord this is just too hard, I had better not speak up...Perhaps I should give in to those who reject what you do and say ? Give in to the hurt and discomfort in having so many people, who say they are believers in you, turn on me and basically calling me a liar, for only saying what You said to me ?
Or perhaps I will remember the last words you spoke to me that first night :" Remember ! I am always here, whether you can see Me or not ! With the last words He disappeared from my sight, but I could still hear Him..
John 14:18......"I will not leave you orphans.
I will come to you.".
John 14:21.....They who love Me will be loved by My Father and I will love them and manifest Myself to them."........

WAS HE LYING ?

John 17:3.........And this is eternal Life....That they may KNOW You, the only True God AND Jesus Christ, whom You sent....

The point, as I have been shown so far, is that we have been given the opportunity to have a restored relationship with God, but as yet we cannot stand before Him......
But we can stand before Jesus and He before us, and once we believe with all of our hearts, we can also receive the promise, The Holy Spirit to be ANOTHER Helper.........
Adam walked in the garden in the cool of the day WITH God...
We are offered to LIVE with Him, while here on earth with Jesus and the Holy Spirit ( who are one with the Father ).

Humans may be the only creatures, we are aware of, who can CHOOSE to Love and appreciate God.
Angels may know how to praise Him but LOVE is the very substance of God, which He used when He made man. But it got soiled and mixed up with another substance, which has now been condemned to the flesh, thanks to what Jesus did.
We are now able to stand IN Christ, clean and pure, forgiven and accepted in the Beloved, and invited into fellowship with Him.....In and through His Spirit...

WE LOVE HIM BECAUSE HE FIRST LOVED US !!!!!!!!!

So to those here who think it good sport to have cheap shots at me, bring it on, because I am not running...
I am no teacher nor preacher, but I do have a couple of things to share, which I KNOW to be the total 100% Truth, as well as an invitation to give, that He asked me to give, but not here.

Why should I not tell the Truth ?

Jesus does not need to be physically seen to be with His people......He is with them at all time via the Holy Spirit as well as the Father.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus does not need to be physically seen to be with His people......He is with them at all time via the Holy Spirit as well as the Father.
No Jesus does not, but sometimes He chooses to give someone something special just for the moment or just for the person so the person can grow even closer to God.
Why not every believer?
Why were only Levites set apart from the other tribes of Israel?
Why were only the offspring of Aaron selected as priests among all of the Levites?

To every question God has an answer or answers, but not every believer will be given all of the answers. God knows in His time for each of us every answer:

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace." Ecc 3:1-8

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is for Him to decide ! I agree He is with us ALL the time, we just don't really all act like it...