Is the Bible lying ?... Was Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be truthful...I usually use Google...that will find any scripture...even if it's misquoted. Ha! ( or misspelled , which I do all the time..)

That's what I do. I know what I'm looking for but don't know exactly where it is in the bible.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you gotta admit that it is pretty clunky though, compared to the stuff online now?
You may be right, but I an oldie and avoid unnecessarily changing to something new when I finally understand the old.

The old saying that you cannot teach an old dog new tricks is false, but it is most definitely harder to teach them.

I truly hate to buy a new computer anymore because I have to learn how to use it all over again when I do. My wife and I have a cell phone. She texts on it but I only use the telephone part as needed. Our son-in-law provides it for us so it has all kinds of other possibilities including Internet access. I leave that part alone so as not to mess anything up.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've had a cell phone for over a year and haven't used it once.
Since I have a pacemaker and it could not be checked except on a landline phone, years ago we chose not to switch over to a cell phone and we couldn't afford to have both. Then along came my son-in-law and insisted we have one for when we are away from home in case of emergencies. He's been paying for the cell phone for several years now. [Since then they have improved things so the pacemaker checks can now be done with any phone.]

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since I have a pacemaker and it could not be checked except on a landline phone, years ago we chose not to switch over to a cell phone and we couldn't afford to have both. Then along came my son-in-law and insisted we have one for when we are away from home in case of emergencies. He's been paying for the cell phone for several years now. [Since then they have improved things so the pacemaker checks can now be done with any phone.]

I got mine for emergency use also. My carrier is Consumer Cellular. It costs me $15.00 a month for 400 minutes w/unlimited text and internet.

I should call someone just to see if it works...

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I did and bookmarked it....Thanks...although 'ByGrace' was just saying that she sometimes have trouble with it...Thanks though
hmm, it can be temperamental sometimes i guess. I'm seeing why Bible Gateway is getting so popular, lol...here, pick your own! Imo start on page two tho

bible search engines - Google Search

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got mine for emergency use also. My carrier is Consumer Cellular. It costs me $15.00 a month for 400 minutes w/unlimited text and internet.

Calling someone once in a while to check it out is probably not a bad idea.

If I were alone, likely mine would see little of no use. As it is with my wife often being in poor health and now recovering from major surgery, by carrying the cell phone with me when I need to run errands or pay bills, she can call me using the landline phone. So far there has only been one real emergency. God willing there will be no more of those.

We live in Oklahoma, but my wife has a good friend who has lived in various states due to her husband's job. Rather than talking on the phone most of they time they text.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Call me, call me!! I can talk about anything and everything...I can easily use up all your minutes for you.... :D :D

Reactions: Job and tabletalk

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's what I do. I know what I'm looking for but don't know exactly where it is in the bible.

Me too....I use Google because not even Gateway can find it if it's not spelled right or quoted perfectly right...
Where as Google always says " do you mean.."
Plus google brings up similar verses also, which is helpful. I just partially quote the bit of the verse that I can remember and google does the rest! THEN I pick a Gateway link to it ...as it always allows a copy...not all do. What's not to like! :)

Reactions: Job

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You may be right, but I an oldie and avoid unnecessarily changing to something new when I finally understand the old.

The old saying that you cannot teach an old dog new tricks is false, but it is most definitely harder to teach them.

I truly hate to buy a new computer anymore because I have to learn how to use it all over again when I do. My wife and I have a cell phone. She texts on it but I only use the telephone part as needed. Our son-in-law provides it for us so it has all kinds of other possibilities including Internet access. I leave that part alone so as not to mess anything up.
ah, windows, huh? I'm on a 20 year old Mac most of the time; there is no substitute. Do yourself a favor, and make your next computer your last computer imo!

Reactions: Pisteuo and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ah, windows, huh? I'm on a 20 year old Mac most of the time; there is no substitute. Do yourself a favor, and make your next computer your last computer imo!

Mine is not 20 yrs old Ha! But I have always had a Mac...it's the only way to go.
I have a Laptop and an iPad. They are well worth paying for and the best for not getting as many bugs.
I think IF heaven has computers then it will be a Mac . LOL :D

Reactions: bbyrd009

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Call me, call me!! I can talk about anything and everything...I can easily use up all your minutes for you.... :D :D

Just my luck, immediately after the last minute I'd fall down and can't get up.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as the computers work I keep them. Hopefully they will outlast me. There may be better ones, but there is no new me in the flesh to learn all about them. Other than forums my computers see a lot of usage for non-Internet or communications purposes.

All of my tax records are on my computers from over 20 years ago to current. My stamp collection of over 100,000 is catalogued on the computer. Several thousands of pictures obtained through personal photography and from scanning of old fotos from 1918 to the present. I also continue to add from time to time to my own autobiography which has been a work in progress since the 1990's. I also make copies in the computer of my own writings concerning questions I have asked myself or that others have asked me on the Internet or in person. Now I have copies of everything on three computers from oldest [10 years old] to the most recent laptop bought about 3 years ago. Chances are pretty good that when I die whatever is on my computers will be lost, but that is not my concern.

That which I strive daily keep as my first priority is God's Kingdom and God's righteousness. But... I continue to stumble. But... Jesus continues to be there to take hold of my hand and lift me up one more time.

I started out with computers when I was working for Uncle Sam [Social Security Administration] , but I've been retired now for 17 years.
When I first went to work for SSA we were issued all of the writing paper we needed plus pens and pencils. I did a lot of math as part of my job, but no mechanical devices to help. Then one day they issued us small calculators to speed up and improve our accuracy in the math. Over the years as technology advanced so did our equipment. Before I retired I was taking all new claims for benefits directly into my own computer.

No more major changes are likely on my part unless there is no other option. I am physically and mentally tired. I really hope for no more changes, but they keep on coming to me anyway.

I just keep giving God the glory.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry to hear that...:p
At this point, I'm not. It's comfortable and affordable for our present life style. I'd really like to travel again before my time is done, but it is really not likely to happen now.

I was born in Oklahoma but lived in California mostly until moving to Wyoming for two years and then the final return to Oklahom in 1987. My wife was born in San Francisco and never left California until after we were married. She would never move back there and avoids any visits there anymore. Of course, I've never even been to your part of the country. Wisconsin, isn't it?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
beautiful country...6 months of the year! Just recently discovered Michigan myself. Ruined me for "grocery store" grapes lol.
Maybe it was you who was from there. So I don't know about Job. I've been to most states as well as to many other nations, but not Wisconsin. I remember traveling by Greyhound to hither and yon. For $39.95 you could travel any where the bus could take you for a 30 day period and in those days they went everywhere. When you got tired of riding you could get for a while and catch the next bus. There was a next one before too long. Cannot do that any more.

As a kid I'd ride the bus from our little town [pop. 1000] with no movie theater to the next town [8 miles away with pop. 8000] to catch the Saturday afternoon matinee and then ride the bus back home before dark. I would sometimes go out and collect soda pop bottles and turn them in for the deposit to make enough money to pay for my Saturday. Now, it's a TV and Internet world, and bus service is most places is poor and expensive. To little towns it usually non-existent.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At this point, I'm not. It's comfortable and affordable for our present life style. I'd really like to travel again before my time is done, but it is really not likely to happen now.

I was born in Oklahoma but lived in California mostly until moving to Wyoming for two years and then the final return to Oklahom in 1987. My wife was born in San Francisco and never left California until after we were married. She would never move back there and avoids any visits there anymore. Of course, I've never even been to your part of the country. Wisconsin, isn't it?

Home is the strongest magnet. I've lived in many states. I've lived in Germany and S.Korea, but I always end up back here in Minnesota. I can't live where there are no trees. And as much as I complain about the heat and cold, I gotta have the 4 seasons. Summer ain't summer without spring and winter ain't winter without fall.

I understand what you're saying about Oklahoma. It's home.:)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Home is the strongest magnet. I've lived in many states. I've lived in Germany and S.Korea, but I always end up back here in Minnesota. I can't live where there are no trees. And as much as I complain about the heat and cold, I gotta have the 4 seasons. Summer ain't summer without spring and winter ain't winter without fall.

I understand what you're saying about Oklahoma. It's home.:)
I know where Montana, Michigan..Organ, Washington, Idaho, California are..even been to Texas...but where is Minnesota? East, West, or in the middle?
Alberta sits right above Montana...the boarder is 3 hours from here.