Is the Bible lying ?... Was Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Home may be home for some, born in Durban, South Africa. So many have left there because it is getting so bad, and many will never go back, even on holidays. Such a lovely country brought to ruin by idiots.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know where Montana, Michigan..Organ, Washington, Idaho, California are..even been to Texas...but where is Minnesota? East, West, or in the middle?
Alberta sits right above Montana...the boarder is 3 hours from here.

i2map_minnesota.png

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Home is the strongest magnet. I've lived in many states. I've lived in Germany and S.Korea, but I always end up back here in Minnesota. I can't live where there are no trees. And as much as I complain about the heat and cold, I gotta have the 4 seasons. Summer ain't summer without spring and winter ain't winter without fall.

I understand what you're saying about Oklahoma. It's home.:)
Yes, and while Lord willing I may visit some other places again, this is where I expect to finish out my time.

So it is Minnesota. That is also one I have never even visited.

Reactions: Job

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Yes, and while Lord willing I may visit some other places again, this is where I expect to finish out my time.

So it is Minnesota. That is also one I have never even visited.
if you have any agricultural or permacultural type interests wwoof is a great way to see the world and get paid for it

you could go to Montana and herd sheep! :D

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you have any agricultural or permacultural type interests wwoof is a great way to see the world and get paid for it

you could go to Montana and herd sheep! :D
My limited knowledge of sheep herding simultaneously attracts me and pushes me away from such a vocation.

All of the states I have not visited start with Montana in the west and continue eastward along the Canadian border through Michigan and then to New England above the state of New York. I am curious about them, but probably not enough to make a special trip to see them. As to doing something to get paid for it, I don't have for the most part the energy or the interest to go far that way... if at all. I like being retired and have little interest in proceeding backward along that road. There are some things in retirement I don't care for... but that is another thing.

Reactions: pia

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i noticed that that area particularly has the most wild food in summer; one could literally go up there just to harvest free elderberries or walnuts, or lots of other things
Would it then warrant a trip to those places to partake in such a harvest?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Would it then warrant a trip to those places to partake in such a harvest?
i'd say especially if you know--or even have a clue and just want to learn--how to make use of it, sure. Most of it goes to waste anyway, and quite often property owners are happy to make some arrangement so as not to have to deal with the mess of cleaning up. Imo you should be prepared to process on site, as wild foods tend to not store well; but man, are they tastier!

i've done a couple runs like this, one was walnut bark sloughings to flavor maple syrup. You end up making a party, kind of, the neighbors hear what you are doing and come to watch the process, etc. Many will want to buy some if you are selling, etc.

in practice you might often want to harvest from several or a few adjacent properties to get enough harvest, so iow i found a lane that had many black walnuts planted within a 1/4 mile stretch, i could see the bark falling off, so i made an arrangement with the willing ones, parked the camper by a pond on one of their fields, and went to town!

Often 20-50 people turning out to watch, and the neighborhood kids are sucked to you like a magnet, because you're giving away walnut-flavored maple drops or whatever and they are just drawn by the spirit and curious, so you get parents coming back the next afternoon bringing byob type stuff to share, great fun.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ok and ps, i had no clue what i was doing, watched a youtube video about how to boil WALNUT BARK SLOUGHINGS TO FLAVOR SYRUP, oops, and just went to town on the learning curve, ruined the first batch, all that.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'd say especially if you know--or even have a clue and just want to learn--how to make use of it, sure. Most of it goes to waste anyway, and quite often property owners are happy to make some arrangement so as not to have to deal with the mess of cleaning up. Imo you should be prepared to process on site, as wild foods tend to not store well; but man, are they tastier!

i've done a couple runs like this, one was walnut bark sloughings to flavor maple syrup. You end up making a party, kind of, the neighbors hear what you are doing and come to watch the process, etc. Many will want to buy some if you are selling, etc.

in practice you might often want to harvest from several or a few adjacent properties to get enough harvest, so iow i found a lane that had many black walnuts planted within a 1/4 mile stretch, i could see the bark falling off, so i made an arrangement with the willing ones, parked the camper by a pond on one of their fields, and went to town!

Often 20-50 people turning out to watch, and the neighborhood kids are sucked to you like a magnet, because you're giving away walnut-flavored maple drops or whatever and they are just drawn by the spirit and curious, so you get parents coming back the next afternoon bringing byob type stuff to share, great fun.

I still wouldn't want to do it. I spent of my growing up days in a small town in California.

My step-dad was a workaholic and we had several massive walnut trees that produced tons of the things. My brother and I would pick them up off the ground, take them in the house and crack them on my mother's kitchen table. She used as additions to many of the multitude of delights she regularly made from scratch. The fruit all came fresh from the trees or bushes or from the hundreds of jars she had canned in previous seasons. One of my favorites was a hot turnover filled with apricot filling. I has usually picked the apricots myself but she made them into delicious goodies.

Some her other specials were donuts, cream puffs and filled chocolate covered eclairs, plus ever kind of pie imaginable. All of this stuff, including the crusts for her pies were made from scratch. Those were the days my friend, we wished -at times- they'd never end...

But the work was still work.

Reactions: pia and Job

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I still wouldn't want to do it. I spent of my growing up days in a small town in California.

My step-dad was a workaholic and we had several massive walnut trees that produced tons of the things. My brother and I would pick them up off the ground, take them in the house and crack them on my mother's kitchen table. She used as additions to many of the multitude of delights she regularly made from scratch. The fruit all came fresh from the trees or bushes or from the hundreds of jars she had canned in previous seasons. One of my favorites was a hot turnover filled with apricot filling. I has usually picked the apricots myself but she made them into delicious goodies.

Some her other specials were donuts, cream puffs and filled chocolate covered eclairs, plus ever kind of pie imaginable. All of this stuff, including the crusts for her pies were made from scratch. Those were the days my friend, we wished -at times- they'd never end...

But the work was still work.
the principles of "making something from nothing" might still apply to some other pursuit that you might pick in a vein more to your liking, though; i just happened to pick something that is "work" to your mind, but having no experience it was more like "play" to me i guess.

There are other advantages to the area, Michigan for instance is a Failed State now, meaning that there is quite a bit of freedom from government there, as long as you aren't hurting anyone; there are...unique, lol, real estate opportunities there right now, i noted that food from FLorida was cheaper in Michigan than in Florida! etc.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the principles of "making something from nothing" might still apply to some other pursuit that you might pick in a vein more to your liking, though; i just happened to pick something that is "work" to your mind, but having no experience it was more like "play" to me i guess.

There are other advantages to the area, Michigan for instance is a Failed State now, meaning that there is quite a bit of freedom from government there, as long as you aren't hurting anyone; there are...unique, lol, real estate opportunities there right now, i noted that food from FLorida was cheaper in Michigan than in Florida! etc.

Wish I were there, maybe 20 to 30 years ago but it don't happen that way, does it?

It may change soon, but for the moment, I have no time to spare for mush of anything else. I spend my time with God reading the Bible and reading or reponding to internet post like this. I attend services a couple of times weekly, work on my stamp collection, play my piano and harmonica, watch DVD of live Christian meetings in other states, attend coffee gatherings of mostly older folk like myself, run errands for my semi-disabled wife. If I have time left I'll usually find some etc. to add to the list. I wonder how I had time to work when I had a full-time job.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Minnesota sounds like a lovely place on the planet to live Job. A friend of mine from here goes home to Minnesota in the US every summer for 7 weeks, this is usually when it's cold and rainy here in NZ

Reactions: Job

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Wish I were there, maybe 20 to 30 years ago but it don't happen that way, does it?

It may change soon, but for the moment, I have no time to spare for mush of anything else. I spend my time with God reading the Bible and reading or reponding to internet post like this. I attend services a couple of times weekly, work on my stamp collection, play my piano and harmonica, watch DVD of live Christian meetings in other states, attend coffee gatherings of mostly older folk like myself, run errands for my semi-disabled wife. If I have time left I'll usually find some etc. to add to the list. I wonder how I had time to work when I had a full-time job.

You sound like a very busy man...