Is The Bible Reliable? Cold-Case Investigation That It Is

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To own ourselves
I must admit to having issues with this, when one considered that Jesus paid the ultimate price for our redemption. If Jesus paid for our ransom from "the system", then we belong to Him right? Then we can trust Him to deal with the wrongful claims over our lives by usurpers and charlatans. But what we don't have, is sovereignty over ourselves. Previously we belonged to the prince of this world, Adam having signed over the enslavement rights to sin. But Jesus signed out emancipation papers... For everyone...and if you think you belong to a "system" of this world, you need to think more about what redemption means.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I must admit to having issues with this, when one considered that Jesus paid the ultimate price for our redemption. If Jesus paid for our ransom from "the system", then we belong to Him right? Then we can trust Him to deal with the wrongful claims over our lives by usurpers and charlatans. But what we don't have, is sovereignty over ourselves. Previously we belonged to the prince of this world, Adam having signed over the enslavement rights to sin. But Jesus signed out emancipation papers... For everyone...and if you think you belong to a "system" of this world, you need to think more about what redemption means.
When i say to own ones self is to own your own behaviour. Repent in other words. And to also understand who we truly are. When we take True ownership of ourselves and our actions without any form of external controle or influence (or passing blame). When we all achieve internal rulership of the self, we experience true freedom in the external world. We all know that controlling
behaviour comes from a lack of controle. This lack of controle comes from within and manifests outwardly as controlling behaviour. If we have order from within and truly know ourselves and our relationship to God this outwardly manifests as freedom in the external world.

So controle in the external world comes from a lack of controle within, and freedom in the external world comes from sovereignty within.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So controle in the external world comes from a lack of controle within, and freedom in the external world comes from sovereignty within.

-Hamlet

act 1 scene 3

There, my blessing with thee.

And these few precepts in thy memory

Look thou character. Give thy thoughts no tongue,

Nor any unproportioned thought his act.

Be thou familiar but by no means vulgar.

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,

Grapple them unto thy soul with hoops of steel,

But do not dull thy palm with entertainment

Of each new-hatched, unfledged comrade. Beware

Of entrance to a quarrel, but being in,

Bear ’t that th’ opposèd may beware of thee.

Give every man thy ear but few thy voice.

Take each man’s censure but reserve thy judgment.

Costly thy habit as thy purse can buy,

But not expressed in fancy—rich, not gaudy,

For the apparel oft proclaims the man,

And they in France of the best rank and station

Are of a most select and generous chief in that.

Neither a borrower nor a lender be,

For loan oft loses both itself and friend,

And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

= This above all: to thine own self be true,<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<.

And it must follow, as the night the day,

Thou canst not then be false to any man.

Farewell. My blessing season this in thee.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-Hamlet

act 1 scene 3

There, my blessing with thee.

And these few precepts in thy memory

Look thou character. Give thy thoughts no tongue,

Nor any unproportioned thought his act.

Be thou familiar but by no means vulgar.

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,

Grapple them unto thy soul with hoops of steel,

But do not dull thy palm with entertainment

Of each new-hatched, unfledged comrade. Beware

Of entrance to a quarrel, but being in,

Bear ’t that th’ opposèd may beware of thee.

Give every man thy ear but few thy voice.

Take each man’s censure but reserve thy judgment.

Costly thy habit as thy purse can buy,

But not expressed in fancy—rich, not gaudy,

For the apparel oft proclaims the man,

And they in France of the best rank and station

Are of a most select and generous chief in that.

Neither a borrower nor a lender be,

For loan oft loses both itself and friend,

And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

= This above all: to thine own self be true,<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<.

And it must follow, as the night the day,

Thou canst not then be false to any man.

Farewell. My blessing season this in thee.

Absolutely excellent! Top drawer stuff.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When i say to own ones self is to own your own behaviour. Repent in other words. And to also understand who we truly are. When we take True ownership of ourselves and our actions without any form of external controle or influence (or passing blame). When we all achieve internal rulership of the self, we experience true freedom in the external world. We all know that controlling
behaviour comes from a lack of controle. This lack of controle comes from within and manifests outwardly as controlling behaviour. If we have order from within and truly know ourselves and our relationship to God this outwardly manifests as freedom in the external world.

Speaking of narrow religious boxes...

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Speaking of narrow religious boxes...
This is simply the law of God. These are the consequences and judgment of our behaviour. The more immoral human kind behave, the more chaos, slavery and suffering we manifest as a whole. The more moral we are the more order, peace and freedom. Anyone who has eyes to see can see this. Its not an opinion or a belief, it's fact. I'm not asking anyone to simply believe what im saying, rather take a look around for yourself. The prophets understood these laws and that's how they predicted bad days to come.

There are two aspects of our reality, one that is objective and unchanging, we can call this natural law or Gods law. This includes spiritual laws both within the human psyche and without. And then there is a random, changing aspect which is our free will. We must aspire to align our free will with the spiritual laws of the universe in order to bring true freedom, peace and paradise on earth. We can use gravity for an example of objective Truth, where we can go as far as believing it does not exist. That will not change the consequence of walking off that cliff and to live in peace with it we must align our free will in means of not trying to walk off cliffs. Ignoring the law of gravity will create suffering and death just as ignoring the spiritual laws of morality will create suffering and death.

The reason the world is in a state of chaos is because people as a whole choose to be ignorant of the laws of morality. We are disconnected from Truth and are therefore suffering the consequences in the world we live.

I am not stating everyone is like this, but it is clear to me that the majority of people on this earth are contributing to the negative experiences that are manifesting themselves in today's time otherwise it wouldn't be happening. The government is encroaching on our freedom, the Christian Church is crumbling in alot of places. Islam think that their faith is about terrorism. We are divided as people and make war amongst ourselves. As a whole we have lost sight of what real Truth is.

Last edited:

Gandalf-

Nov 16, 2022
Marlboro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is simply the law of God. These are the consequences and judgment of our behaviour. The more immoral human kind behave, the more chaos, slavery and suffering we manifest as a whole.

The reason the world is in a state of chaos is because people as a whole choose to be ignorant of the laws of morality. We are disconnected from Truth and are therefore suffering the consequences in the world we live.

Again, what a Clueless Antichrist you prove yourself to Be. The reason the world is in a state of chaos is, Because people choose to Reject Christ, and then the Chaos caused by the judicial wrath of God as a result,

By God removing the restrainer in increments, that then causes the suffering that follows from said wrath, and thus provides the opportunity for them to repent, which again they continue to refuse to do. God removes the protective hedge for a society in increments, but will completely remove the Holy Spirit, as the one and only retrainer, when even the completion of the great apostacy calls for, and thus causes the Holy Spirit as the last defence for the world, again as the restrainer, to be finally and completely removed - And the Great Tribulation will follow.

The only law they have to follow is in accepting Christ, and the changed heart that such would cause, would give them a heart to want to follow the law, which is the problem you claim, without even mentioning faith in Christ as central to all! Christ summed up the new understanding of the law in two commandments. First love God with all that you are, and secondly, in thus accepting and loving Christ, thru grace, thru faith, are you then able to love others as yourself, only after you have the truth yourself, that salvation is in Christ, rather than attacking the Book Of Romans, etc..,

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only unbelievers are "disconnected from Truth"

See, Jesus is THE TRUTH, and all the born again are "In Christ'......eternally connected to "THE Truth".

John 14:6
What does "eternally connected" mean?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What does "eternally connected" mean?

Born again..... in Spiritual Union...with God and Christ

"one with God"

"in Christ"...

Jesus explains.

I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

New Living Translation
I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me.

English Standard Version
I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me.

Berean Standard Bible
I in them and You in Me—that they may be perfectly united, so that the world may know that You sent Me and have loved them just as You have loved Me.

Berean Literal Bible
I in them, and You in Me--that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me and loved them even as You loved Me.

King James Bible
I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

New King James Version
I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.

New American Standard Bible
I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and You loved them, just as You loved Me.

NASB 1995
I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me.

NASB 1977
I in them, and Thou in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, that the world may know that Thou didst send Me, and didst love them, even as Thou didst love Me.

Legacy Standard Bible
I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me.

Amplified Bible
I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected and completed into one, so that the world may know [without any doubt] that You sent Me, and [that You] have loved them, just as You have loved Me.

Reactions: Gandalf-

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So "eternally" is just applied and assumed. Not that I have a problem with eternity. I just wondered what it had to do with being connected to the Truth or truth—or whatever it is we're talking about. The eternity that Christ speaks of in John 17 refers to eternity past that He had with the Father so I'm just trying to understand how that relates to doctrinal purity. Unless we're assuming that we're eternally connected to Jesus before we're born again which has Calvinist implications and questions about how believers can be connected to the Truth before conversion and if so why aren't unbelievers connected before they come to a point of decision. Yeah, it's a mess. Sorry.