Is the catholic church the only true church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the catholic church the only true church

No, absolutely not. And those who says it is are either liars or ignorant of the true gospel.

There is and has only ever been one true Church, the Church which can only be entered through the narrow gate. The Church which Jesus talked about, the biblical Church, which is made up only of those who are Born Again believers from whatever country, culture, church background, or none, worldwide, past, present and future. Those who through the revelation of the Holy Spirit have seen Jesus for who he is, recognised what he did, turned from their sin and accepted him into their hearts and lives as Lord and Saviour. Anybody who hasn’t taken these steps towards him and made that commitment is not, in my view, part of the Church. And in my experience many church-goers and even clergy fall outside this criteria.

Amen, a spiritual church made by God, not a physical church made by man

Reactions: Pearl

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here are 13 points that are false of the Catholic Church that I did not agree with as I grew older
=======================================================================================
1.The Catholic church is the one true church
2 Infallibility of the Catholic Church
3 Only the Roman Catholic Church has the authority to interpret Scripture
4 The Pope is the head of the church and has the authority of Christ
5 The Roman Catholic Church is necessary for salvation
6 Sacred Tradition equal to scripture
7 Forgiveness of sins, salvation, is by faith and works
8 The full benefit of Salvation is only through the Roman Catholic Church
9 Grace can be merited
10 The merit of Mary and the Saints can be applied to Catholics and others
11 Penance is necessary for salvation
12Purgatory
13 Prayer to the saints

Note: I was raised Catholic, attended Catholic elementary school and high school was a chaplain assistant in the Army
1. The Catholic Church is the one and true Church in fact. but the Roman Catholic Church may not be truly, it maybe more of a religious business house due to that Vatican II worked towards being a friend of this world abandoning the Holy Spirit as what is foremost more and more as Vatican II went along with it's works of man taking the foremost position.

2. The Protestant slander the true position on the doctrine that relate to what the RC is truly pointing out about it's infallibility, I thought that the Protestants were correct on their stance on this full on, until I studied the doctrine concerning such was all about, it's not what I was lead to believe at all in fact and I am not impressed with slander that my Lutheran Preacher claimed and when I tried to bring the subject to light as in RC doctrine he ran away. good try, such is typical religious bastardry.

3. That's not RC doctrine at all.

4. That's not RC doctrine at all.

5. nonsense.

6. nonsense.

7. nonsense.

8. nonsense.

9. that's very badly put forward dribble.

10. ?

11. that's very badly put forward on such a subject.

12. it's biblical fact.

13. You would not want to pray for anyone ?

From what I have seen of most RC is that they do not know doctrine much at all, not to mention I have heard RC priest peddling outright blasphemy full on and the whole body of people swallow the nonsense without blinking an eye, I have talked with many RC people in the church and the last thing that the majority want to talk about is Jesus Christ or the RC doctrines. they are just not interested in such things at all, they do not go do any bible study and they do not study the Bible.
How this for a moron priest straight up say, You are all Awesome ! Turn to them around you and repeat this, what Satanic nonsense dribble !
If I am Awesome why the hell would I be their in the Church at all ? I know for a fact that all around me are not Awesome at all, they, we are all Sinners in fact !
What if I got up and preached to such, You are all Sinners ! and you better believe such is a fact and remember to understand that each one around you is for a fact.
Well when I informed the priest what was it that he was peddling, he made it clear that he did not like me and avoided me in a huff and then another time came up in a huff and had a go at me and that was great as he came to understand that not everyone is ignorant, but on the last day of my child getting the Dux and also top marks of all in religion as well, he stormed off in a huff again right on that point. he did not want to see Reggie Belafonte come up in front of all in the Church, due to the fear that I may of pointed him out as to our friendships up's and downs. I could of used the old line that I am Awesome ?:rolleyes:

Reactions: tsr

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. The Catholic Church is the one and true Church in fact. but the Roman Catholic Church may not be truly, it maybe more of a religious business house due to that Vatican II worked towards being a friend of this world abandoning the Holy Spirit as what is foremost more and more as Vatican II went along with it's works of man taking the foremost position.

2. The Protestant slander the true position on the doctrine that relate to what the RC is truly pointing out about it's infallibility, I thought that the Protestants were correct on their stance on this full on, until I studied the doctrine concerning such was all about, it's not what I was lead to believe at all in fact and I am not impressed with slander that my Lutheran Preacher claimed and when I tried to bring the subject to light as in RC doctrine he ran away. good try, such is typical religious bastardry.

3. That's not RC doctrine at all.

4. That's not RC doctrine at all.

5. nonsense.

6. nonsense.

7. nonsense.

8. nonsense.

9. that's very badly put forward dribble.

10. ?

11. that's very badly put forward on such a subject.

12. it's biblical fact.

13. You would not want to pray for anyone ?

From what I have seen of most RC is that they do not know doctrine much at all, not to mention I have heard RC priest peddling outright blasphemy full on and the whole body of people swallow the nonsense without blinking an eye, I have talked with many RC people in the church and the last thing that the majority want to talk about is Jesus Christ or the RC doctrines. they are just not interested in such things at all, they do not go do any bible study and they do not study the Bible.
How this for a moron priest straight up say, You are all Awesome ! Turn to them around you and repeat this, what Satanic nonsense dribble !
If I am Awesome why the hell would I be their in the Church at all ? I know for a fact that all around me are not Awesome at all, they, we are all Sinners in fact !
What if I got up and preached to such, You are all Sinners ! and you better believe such is a fact and remember to understand that each one around you is for a fact.
Well when I informed the priest what was it that he was peddling, he made it clear that he did not like me and avoided me in a huff and then another time came up in a huff and had a go at me and that was great as he came to understand that not everyone is ignorant, but on the last day of my child getting the Dux and also top marks of all in religion as well, he stormed off in a huff again right on that point. he did not want to see Reggie Belafonte come up in front of all in the Church, due to the fear that I may of pointed him out as to our friendships up's and downs. I could of used the old line that I am Awesome ?:rolleyes:
Excellent response on this issue Reggie Belafonte your input is appreciated.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Note******* This is a good topic for all Christians to discuss. I was raised Catholic and left the church as a grownup as there were many issues I did not agree..
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++:
CATHOLIC CHURCH POSITION
1. According to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Catholic ecclesiology professes the Catholic Church to be the "sole Church of Christ" - i.e., the one true church defined as "one, holy, catholic, and apostolic" in the Four Marks of the Church in the Nicene Creed.

2.The official Catholic position is therefore that Jews, Muslims and Christians (including churches outside of Rome's authority) all acknowledge the same God, though Jews and Muslims have not yet received the gospel while other churches are generally considered deviant to a greater or lesser degree.
3.What are the signs of the true church?
e Vatican restating its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
(With that said what can be added or disapprove)

The organization of the church in the first century is vastly different from the Roman Catholic church today, so just from an orgnizational structure, I say no, the Catholic church has changed radically from the original, so radically that it can no longer maintain the title of, the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Here was the organization in the first century.
1) Apostles. The Lord gave Apostles (see Ephesians 4:11-14) for these reasons:
1- To perfect the saints
2- For the work of the ministry
3- For the edifying of the body of Christ
Declaration: If we do not have apostles, with the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and the power to bind and loose (Matthew 16: 18-19), we cannot be perfected and saved, the work of the ministry cannot be done properly, or recognized in heaven, and the church (the body of Christ) cannot be edifyed, or ever come to know the full truth of the gospel.

This is the big one, must have living apostles and prophets or the foundation of the church is destroyed
(see Ephesians 2:19-21), and if the foundation is destroyed, the fitly framed temple (the rest of the church) will eventually deteriorate and fall.

Other offices in the true first century church:
2) Elders - Acts 14:22-23
3) Bishops - 1 Timothy 3:1-3
4) Deacons - 1 Timothy 3:13
5) Priests - Revelations 1:6
6) Seventy - Luke 10:1
7) Evangelists - Ephesians 4:11
8) Pastors - Ephesians 4:11
9) Teachers - Ephesians 4:11

So compare the Catholic church today with the biblical Church of Jesus Christ in the first century.

Reactions: tsr

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Issues that I disagreed with was NOT of the scriptures or interpretations BUT of the man made traditions the Catholic church practiced. These practices were not scriptural
Hi TSR,

Thank you for the clarification. I appreciate it.

I understand you to be saying you left The Church because of the "man made traditions the Catholic church practiced". You did not leave because of The Church's interpretations of Scripture.

What denomination did you end up at that did not have the man made traditions but still had the correct interpretation of Scripture?

Thank you in advance....Mary

PS: As a side note I went the opposite direction of you. I started out Protestant and became Catholic because of The Church's history and how it has fulfilled Scripture by holding fast to the traditions (2 Thessalonians 2:15).