Is the holy spirit a living being Equal to God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you look into it Wycliffe used other sources also. That's why the catholics got so mad at him.

Catholicism burned all alive if they tried to translate prior to the 1300,s, so what else was available? Only OT by Hebrews.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not your exclamation but Thomas’. You ought to be educated enough to not merely believe but know an exclamation is not a statement of fact.

When people see a horrible car crash and they exclaim, ‘Oh my God!’ They are not literally claiming the person in the car accident is the Creator of the universe.
That's one of the most ridiculous arguments I've ever read. You're actually saying that Thomas took God's Name in vain while talking to Jesus face to face?

John 28 Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and my God".

Amen Thomas!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you know that is not what I’m saying at all.

You do realize the Bible is a highly figurative book, right? Do you believe Peter is Satan because Jesus called him Satan?
So you pick the parts you don't like to be "figurative"! Peter was being influenced by Satan. Jesus was talking to Satan. It's not that difficult.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's one of the most ridiculous arguments I've ever read. You're actually saying that Thomas took God's Name in vain while talking to Jesus face to face?

John 28 Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and my God".

Amen Thomas!
God is a title not a name. Taking Gods name in vain entails--proclaiming to others they serve God, but then do things in opposition to Gods will in front of those.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is a title not a name. Taking Gods name in vain entails--proclaiming to others they serve God, but then do things in opposition to Gods will in front of those.
So it's ok to say "God damn"? Why don't you just accept what Thomas, Peter and Isaiah said?

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So it's ok to say "God damn"? Why don't you just accept what Thomas, Peter and Isaiah said?
I didnt say it was ok. I showed what taking Gods name( YHWH(Jehovah) in vain really means. God is a title not a name.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didnt say it was ok. I showed what taking Gods name( YHWH(Jehovah) in vain really means. God is a title not a name.
So your argument is that the Bible doesn't mean what it CLEARLY says.

Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and my God".

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I already showed you reality on your misunderstanding.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you pick the parts you don't like to be "figurative"! Peter was being influenced by Satan. Jesus was talking to Satan. It's not that difficult.
"Satan" also means "adversary", so Jesus wasn't necessarily calling Peter the devil. It would be a stinging rebuke nonetheless, but this is a possible meaning.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's how these debates always end up. There will be a passage that someone will claim doesn't actually mean the plain saying that is plainly stated.

Much love!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's how these debates always end up. There will be a passage that someone will claim doesn't actually mean the plain saying that is plainly stated.

Much love!
Amen brother! Satan sends his children to tell us that God is a liar, because that's what Satan and his children are!

Reactions: marks

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why can't the Father be the Son's God? Jesus is clearly God!
Col 1 By Jesus all things were created.
Jesus is the Firstborn of all creation--all creation occurred at the beginning.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because it’s my question. God, the Father’s personal name is YHWH. His only begotten son’s personal name is Jesus.

IF the HS is a person, he must have a personal name. So, what is it?
John 16
13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

His Name is Jesus.

Matthew 28

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the NAME of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.