Is the holy spirit a living being Equal to God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should believe Jesus, all his real followers do-John 17:3--This means eternal life, their knowing you(Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Christ Jesus---all can see 2 points there taught by Jesus--1) The Father is the only true God, and God did not come he sent one named Jesus as a mortal.
I believe Jesus was God in flesh:

"Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
and his name shall be called Emmanuel"
(which means, God with us). Matthew 1:23 RSV

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you know, An idol is something man-made that is worshipped. This includes the man-is-god thesis.
And behind every idol is a demon.

That's a pretty scathing claim to make about Jesus Christ, even if you DO believe He was just a man.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes its Gods active force, not a living being.

Keiw.....
You have a fantasy idea regarding the Holy Spirit.
Too many movies.

Jesus says...>

""""""But when HE, the Spirit of truth, comes, HE will guide you into all the truth. HE will not speak on his own; HE will speak only what he hears, and HE will tell you what is yet to come."""

Do you notice the "HE" HE" "HE" ??

That is not a "force". That is a person, the person of the Holy Spirit. = "HE".

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't even name ONE Bible! Who told you that your opinions overrule our Bible? Kingdom Hall maybe?

1822 A. Kneeland translated the NT and compared Greek to English side by side so all could see- a god small g belongs in the last line at John 1:1--19 other translations had a god, 3 had was divine--all rejected by trinity clergys because truth exposes them as falsereligion.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I would like to know is why would somebody or something want Christians to believe the Holy Spirit is a person. Who does it benefit? What does it produce? I have the same question with why make Jesus God. If there is no Trinity. Then who does it benefit to believe there is? Certainly not the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

It is satan who poses as all the false gods to get worship.

Reactions: Peterlag

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Jesus was God in flesh:

"Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
and his name shall be called Emmanuel"
(which means, God with us). Matthew 1:23 RSV
i just showed you, in every translation on earth Jesus teaches the Father is the only true God.

Reactions: Wrangler

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keiw.....
You have a fantasy idea regarding the Holy Spirit.
Too many movies.

Jesus says...>

""""""But when HE, the Spirit of truth, comes, HE will guide you into all the truth. HE will not speak on his own; HE will speak only what he hears, and HE will tell you what is yet to come."""

Do you notice the "HE" HE" "HE" ??

That is not a "force". That is a person, the person of the Holy Spirit. = "HE".

Many things in the bible are referred to as having attributes of being a living being but arent.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i just showed you, in every translation on earth Jesus teaches the Father is the only true God.
Yes, and I believe, as the scripture I quoted seems to verify, that Jesus is God in flesh - God with us.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and I believe, as the scripture I quoted seems to verify, that Jesus is God in flesh - God with us.
That would mean the bible contradicts itself, and we know that isnt true. Trinity bibles contradict Jesus to the core by the errors translated in by Catholicism to fit their false council teachings. Trinity scholars know 100% the God Israel served was never a trinity.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would mean the bible contradicts itself, and we know that isnt true. Trinity bibles contradict Jesus to the core by the errors translated in by Catholicism to fit their false council teachings. Trinity scholars know 100% the God Israel served was never a trinity.

God gave the Scriptures to the Jewish people, and the Jewish religion and worship that comes from that revelation does not contain any reference to or teachings about a triune God. Surely the Jewish people were qualified to read and understand it, but they never saw the doctrine of the Trinity, but rather just the opposite as all throughout their history they fiercely defended the fact that there was only one God. Jesus himself tied the greatest commandment in the Law together with there being only one God when an expert in Old Testament law asked him which of the commandments was the most important. Jesus said to him “The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God….” (Mark 12:29-30).

Reactions: Keiw

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God gave the Scriptures to the Jewish people, and the Jewish religion and worship that comes from that revelation does not contain any reference to or teachings about a triune God. Surely the Jewish people were qualified to read and understand it, but they never saw the doctrine of the Trinity, but rather just the opposite as all throughout their history they fiercely defended the fact that there was only one God. Jesus himself tied the greatest commandment in the Law together with there being only one God when an expert in Old Testament law asked him which of the commandments was the most important. Jesus said to him “The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God….” (Mark 12:29-30).

The problem is that those in fear of using Gods name in vain( because they did) removed Gods name in nearly 7000 places( 6800-OT-200 NT) In the Ot replaced Gods name=YHWH with GOD or LORD all capitols. So when trinitarians read LORD they assume its speaking of Jesus( 1Cor 8:6) but LORD does not belong in those spots. It was removed by satans will to mislead. The prime example of that is Joel 2:21-22--Those who call on the name of YHWH(Jehovah) will be saved--quoted in the NT at Acts 2:21 and Romans 10:13, but since LORD is in their OT, Lord is in their NT at both spots. Thus they will call on the name Jesus to be saved and fail what the bible really teaches them to do-Call on the name of YHWH(Jehovah) to be saved.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - God was trying to do (at least) two things by coming down in human form, I believe. He was trying to teach us, but he was also trying to set an example for us. He couldn't say, "I am God," because he didn't want us running around saying, "I am God."

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is that those in fear of using Gods name in vain( because they did) removed Gods name in nearly 7000 places( 6800-OT-200 NT) In the Ot replaced Gods name=YHWH with GOD or LORD all capitols. So when trinitarians read LORD they assume its speaking of Jesus( 1Cor 8:6) but LORD does not belong in those spots. It was removed by satans will to mislead. The prime example of that is Joel 2:21-22--Those who call on the name of YHWH(Jehovah) will be saved--quoted in the NT at Acts 2:21 and Romans 10:13, but since LORD is in their OT, Lord is in their NT at both spots. Thus they will call on the name Jesus to be saved and fail what the bible really teaches them to do-Call on the name of YHWH(Jehovah) to be saved.

Philippians 2:11
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

The title "Lord" (Greek, Kurious) as Kittel's observes, means "one who has full authority." (7) In the Old Testament, God alone had "full authority" and filled both functions of Creator (Elohim) and Lord (Jehovah). Jehovah is used in connection with men with whom He has entered into some kind of covenant, starting with Adam in Genesis 2:7, and including Israel. Several redemptive characteristics and divine functions are associated with the sacred name Jehovah (Yahweh), including giving righteousness (Jeremiah 23:6), healing (Exodus 15:26), sanctification (Exodus 31:13), providing (Genesis 22:14), protection from enemies (Exodus 17:15), giving peace (Judges 6:24), and being continually present (Ezekiel 48:35). These functions can be assumed and/or delegated by persons having the authority. God has delegated many, if not all of these divine functions to Jesus Christ to share in as "Lord."

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - God was trying to do (at least) two things by coming down in human form, I believe. He was trying to teach us, but he was also trying to set an example for us. He couldn't say, "I am God," because he didn't want us running around saying, "I am God."
The bible is clear--God sent one named Jesus as a mortal. One cannot send themselves. And proof is at Rev 1:1--a revelation of Jesus Christ which God gave to him--- see 2 beings there, one is God one is Jesus-There is only 1 God.

Reactions: Wrangler

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 2:11
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

The title "Lord" (Greek, Kurious) as Kittel's observes, means "one who has full authority." (7) In the Old Testament, God alone had "full authority" and filled both functions of Creator (Elohim) and Lord (Jehovah). Jehovah is used in connection with men with whom He has entered into some kind of covenant, starting with Adam in Genesis 2:7, and including Israel. Several redemptive characteristics and divine functions are associated with the sacred name Jehovah (Yahweh), including giving righteousness (Jeremiah 23:6), healing (Exodus 15:26), sanctification (Exodus 31:13), providing (Genesis 22:14), protection from enemies (Exodus 17:15), giving peace (Judges 6:24), and being continually present (Ezekiel 48:35). These functions can be assumed and/or delegated by persons having the authority. God has delegated many, if not all of these divine functions to Jesus Christ to share in as "Lord."

Yes i show people that. Jesus teaches--God gave me all authority in heaven and on earth( Matt 28:18). One superior had to give Jesus that authority.

Status
Not open for further replies.