Is The Sermon on the Mount Instructional or Informational?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You stated, "We study the Scriptures," and "We strive to excel in the good."

Who are the "We" you claim to speak of, and how do you know what they are doing? Do you know the difference between theory and reality?
How old are you? I want to know if I am talking to an adult or a child before I answer. You seem to be about 15 years old. Am I right?

Reactions: JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As others have said...

The sermon on the mount, similar to Luke's memo on a hill, is a commentary on the Ten Commandments. The other "great" Rabbi all had theirs...and as Jesus was taking on the role of the highest authority level of Rabbi He also needed to have a commentary on the Ten Commandments.

Jesus' commentary went farther than Hillel's ever thought about.
Jesus never once said anything remotely appearing to ever do away with the Ten Commandments. He did indeed show that it is about your attitude and heart that needs a Savior. (Your body already doomed for destruction)

Jesus embodied all the Beatitudes.
My personal favorite is "Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see God"

Jesus freely shared with everyone what He owned. But many refused the offering. All that was required was faith.

Today we see the same attitudes...the lack of faith in God and getting a chance at the blessings God has to offer.

Belief is not the same as faith. Even Satan believes. But Satan has no faith.
Kapeesh?

Reactions: justbyfaith

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As others have said...

The sermon on the mount, similar to Luke's memo on a hill, is a commentary on the Ten Commandments. The other "great" Rabbi all had theirs...and as Jesus was taking on the role of the highest authority level of Rabbi He also needed to have a commentary on the Ten Commandments.

Jesus' commentary went farther than Hillel's ever thought about.
Jesus never once said anything remotely appearing to ever do away with the Ten Commandments. He did indeed show that it is about your attitude and heart that needs a Savior. (Your body already doomed for destruction)

Jesus embodied all the Beatitudes.
My personal favorite is "Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see God"

Jesus freely shared with everyone what He owned. But many refused the offering. All that was required was faith.

Today we see the same attitudes...the lack of faith in God and getting a chance at the blessings God has to offer.

Belief is not the same as faith. Even Satan believes. But Satan has no faith.
Kapeesh?
I think that believing is the verb for the noun faith.

Satan does not have a living faith; his faith is based on the fact that he knows the Lord exists; because he interacts with him.

Our faith is living in that it produces a change in our walk: we don't any longer walk in the direction of sin but now we walk towards righteousness.

The devil is still walking in the direction of sin; his faith never had the power to change his life.

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, "I want" is just what a certain gender is always saying, even in Eve before death entered the world.

Try to answer the question. Who is the "We" you presume to be a part of. Think hard. Tell me how it "seems to be."

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, "I want" is just what a certain gender is always saying, even in Eve before death entered the world.

Try to answer the question. Who is the "We" you presume to be a part of. Think hard. Tell me how it "seems to be."
Do you have anything to add to the conversation?