Is there a higher walk for believers in Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
total selfless love, God's love perfected in us. (1 John 2:5)

This is the higher walk.
Agreed!! This is holiness in our lives, living as the person He created us to be, doing what He created us to do, because He has separated us for Himself. If we are living this, we are not sinning, we are not walking according to flesh.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. John 13:34
This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. (John 15:14)

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I mean a more consistent walk in the Spirit. I think it's common that we at times do and at times do not walk in the Spirit, but God is able to cause us to walk in the Spirit according as He wishes.

Much love!
I think we can walk in the old mindset , that’s where the renewing of our minds come into play, so to speak...take captive every thought of self / the old man....we have the mind of Christ ...just my thoughts.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God loves faith and is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. It is better to please Him than to disappoint Him or stir up His wrath.
A Born Again isn’t under the wrath of God?

Ephesians 2:3​

“Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.”

King James Version (KJV)

Ephesians 5:8

New International Version

8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light

Last edited:
Reactions: Lizbeth and marks

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You can't have salvation without fruit.... You can't have Ephesians 2:8-9 while ignoring verse 10. If there is no fruit in the tree it is cut off. Christ in us produces those fruit, not me. The fruit of the Spirit are a sign of life saving faith. The Natural response of God's grace is a changed and transformed life (AKA progressive sanctification) Add to your faith, virtue, to virtue patience etc (2 Peter 1:5-10) Read that passage carefully, the final step in that journey is Agape Love... total selfless love, God's love perfected in us. (1 John 2:5)

This is the higher walk.
This is great except the transforming of life is progressive maturity...or progressive righteousness.

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Question I would like to ask is this: Is there a higher walk than walking in the Spirit? (which I take to mean the same thing as putting on Christ)
From my understanding, having asked Epi this before, he does use the term "higher walk" in reference to walking in the Spirit.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't have salvation without fruit....
Yes you can,. In fact you better. You can not bear fruit until you are saved.
You can't have Ephesians 2:8-9 while ignoring verse 10. If there is no fruit in the tree it is cut off. Christ in us produces those fruit, not me. The fruit of the Spirit are a sign of life saving faith. The Natural response of God's grace is a changed and transformed life (AKA progressive sanctification) Add to your faith, virtue, to virtue patience etc (2 Peter 1:5-10) Read that passage carefully, the final step in that journey is Agape Love... total selfless love, God's love perfected in us. (1 John 2:5)

This is the higher walk.
The higher walk is walking in the spirit.

Our salvation is not dependent on how much fruit we produce..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From my understanding, having asked Epi this before, he does use the term "higher walk" in reference to walking in the Spirit.
May be true. But in EPi's walk. it is much higher. it is actually a walk of sinless perfection. If I remember right, he has stated he has only done so twice in his life..

Does that make him worthy of Heaven?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
May be true. But in EPi's walk. it is much higher. it is actually a walk of sinless perfection.

There is no sin possible in the Spirit. You have probably bought into the sinful holiness ploy that so many teach these days. Yes, walking in the Spirit is the higher walk...walking in the light as He is in the light. Abiding in Christ...in Him is no sin.

If I remember right, he has stated he has only done so twice in his life..
Yes...for two extended periods. The first time at conversion...where I lasted a few days...until I couldn't take it anymore. And then for 2.5 years the second time 18 years later. That time came to an end over 20 years ago now.

The whole point of being here is to learn, to grow, to come to a deeper understanding of God and His will.

Does that make him worthy of Heaven?
Of course not. I don't count myself as worthy of anything...quite the contrary as I failed the Lord twice now...in a big way (Of course in multitudes of smaller ways too). I don't look at truth as something to benefit from. Truth just is. Whether I am acceptable to God or not is up to Him. The race isn't over. And I do get His visitational touches from time to time. It's all part of the training.

The last time I was on my bike...late last summer...and I was surrounded by an inexpressible love...an eternal peace...without seeing anything or hearing anything. This lasted about 10-15 minutes. I felt I was transported to an eternal place...although I heard nothing and saw nothing. A brief touch from God. Just learning different facets of God and His expressions of love. But being empowered to walk in resurrection life??? Not for decades.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen Azim. Yes, the deeper walk is to be immersed in the Spirit...totally immersed in His eternal embrace. The keeping power of God I liken to a fridge magnet. As long as we don't let the world and the cares of the world come between us and the Lord the "magnetic force" of God's Spirit at that level keeps us in His holy presence where there is no spot or wrinkle of sin. When the cares or sins we have and do come between the magnet of God's love and ourselves then the keeping power is overcome and we fall back into our human limitations.

But in Christ we go both in and out....whether present or absent.

Run to win. :)

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus said that out of our bellies would flow rivers of living water. Like a cup that has a hidden source that causes it to overflow... the continuous outpouring overflows to those around us. Can any impurities be added to such a cup? Doesn't a river take away any impurities we throw into it as it flows? There is a keeping power to God's grace once we receive it in it's FULL MEASURE. But to get that full measure we need to take our deposit of grace and with boldness seek the Lord at His throne for more grace. Of course that level of grace demands that we give all to God...seeking Him with a whole heart.

May grace be multiplied to you who love the Lord and the truth.

Last edited:

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is great except the transforming of life is progressive maturity...or progressive righteousness.
My experience has been Christ cleaning me from the inside out... it is maturity at the same time, and putting on righteousness... I Don't get into word games, I Use progressive sanctification because that is the term theologians such as Wesley and others have used in the past.... My View is that the modern church has lost these concepts even among the fundamentalists who have turned to a grace only no works gospel, aka "easy believism" What was lost is the path to sainthood, by saying all who believe are saints.

God Bless

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is no sin possible in the Spirit.
There is no sin in a Born Again either, we have been Born Again of imperishable seed, not perishable seed....therefore any other scripture that talks about sin, doesn’t apply to a Born Again..

I agree that none of us were without sin at one time...when we were under God’s wrath as children of darkness.

We aren’t in darkness no longer, we have been “ Born Again of imperishable seed not perishable seed”?

Reactions: marks

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I Use progressive sanctification because that is the term theologians such as Wesley and others have used in the past....

God Bless
John Wesley taught that there is a process and a crisis. Scripture tells us that both dirty and clean water cannot come from the same tap (faucet).

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that none of us were without sin at one time...when we were under God’s wrath as children of darkness.

We aren’t in darkness no longer, we have been “ Born Again of imperishable seed not perishable seed”?

We can still have darkness in us. A born-again person in the faith of Christ Jesus will be lured to the things of the world and can still do the same things people who are lost in the world do. It's a battle between the old man/woman and new man/woman.

Reactions: marks

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We can still have darkness in us. A born-again person in the faith of Christ Jesus will be lured to the things of the world and can still do the same things people who are lost in the world do. It's a battle between the old man/woman and new man/woman.
No we can’t, there is no sin in a Born Again..we have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

When we are Born Again God has brought us from the spiritually dead, to becoming Alive in his Son./ Spirit ..regenerated.........its a battle of the old mindset that’s what’s in opposition to the Holy Spirit...we don’t have our old nature we have a new heart/ Spirit within...we are a new creation in Christ...the sanctification process starts as soon as we are Born Again of the Spirit...we have been adopted into the Kingdom of God..we are children of light......a Born Again Glorifies God and only God.

He is the one who brings us via his Spirit to understand his Living word....there is nothing in us, only in the Spirit, for without the Spirit we are none of his...we are just empty vessels....we all need the Spirit of God and to become Born Again.
Other than that it’s only human understanding of God’s word, which counts for nothing I’m afraid...we need the Holy Spirit to lead us through scripture..

1 John 3:9​

1 John 3:9 KJV​

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 Peter 1​

King James Version​

1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time
6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Last edited:
T

Tulipbee

New Podcast! Take the time to investigate the deeper ramifications of the gospel.
Wow, that was quite an extensive podcast! The speaker delved into topics like the higher walk for believers, the translation into the kingdom, and the importance of seeking the Kingdom of God. The use of various biblical references, such as the story of Enoch and the concept of living in the Spirit, added depth to the discussion. The speaker emphasized the need for a genuine, experiential faith that goes beyond mere intellectual understanding. They also touched on the challenges within the church regarding unity, doctrine, and the pursuit of a higher spiritual reality. Overall, it appears to be a thought-provoking and spiritually insightful message.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is a greater sanctification?

Or do you mean God gives us a better understanding of scripture?

Not being confrontational...if I don’t ask questions, I won’t know what one is saying....thanks marks,xx
From what I read, scriptures teach a concept of growth - that we are to grow in what we have been given. Apprehending more of that for which we were apprehended by Christ. Yet, like Paul, in humility not considering that we have yet apprehended. Eye has not seen nor ear has heard what God has laid up for us. But we are to keep seeking and reaching for it/Him.

Status
Not open for further replies.