Is there a higher walk for believers in Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The only one I will boast about all day and every day if it’s his will.

Will be God and Jesus!.....I love boasting about all three, but, I understand we are not allowed to speak about the trinity here.

Ohhhhhh that mighty Name JESUS....NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES!!!!

Reactions: David H.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God says we must be Born Again of imperishable seed...that seed is the Holy Spirit

You do not choose to become Born Again show me the scripture please?
I agree, I do not choose to be born again, God has to do that.

John 1:11-13 KJV
11) He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

As many as received Him - Jesus - to them, he gave the right, or authority, that is Jesus gave this, that they could become sons of God, born of God, not by their choice, or anyone doing anything, God does it.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
epi makes it a salvation issue

stick around you will see

many of us has been talking to epi for years.. He is a tricky one..
If He does I disagree with him.... It is a rewards thing. What we build on that foundation will be judged with fire, whether hay or wood and stubble which burn or Gold silver and precious stones which do not burn ....."If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire." (1 Corinthians 3:15)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see." Rev. 3:18

But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. Matt. 25

“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.” Matt. 13:44

Not everybody will be able to read the above verses...if you can then you have not been blinded. Notice who is saying to buy from Him? Am I a legalist for believing Jesus? For speaking or writing His words? IS Jesus the legalist? Or is it an affliction of the blind to be a legalist and then call others such?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the topic of the higher walk, a thought came back to me from before. What is the natural realm of the flesh? This world, right? For a Born Again Believer, they have been given a spirit from above, the heavenly realm. So if we walk in our flesh, we are obviously walking in this world, and of its way. But if we are walking in the Spirit, are we not truly walking in the heavenly realm, where it is naturally from?
Just as the body is terrestrial, I believe the spirit is celestial, which is why the Bible tells us we are seated together in the heavenlies, that we are hid with Christ in God, things like that.

However, our walk is by faith, and not by sight, that is to say, we have to believe this is so, as it's not what we see. We don't go by what we see, we go by what we believe, what our faith is, in Christ.

So we walk in the heavenly realm except what we see is the terrestrial realm - unless for His Own reasons God chooses to show us something different. And then we have to be very careful about what we conclude should God show us something. Whatever our conclusions we must not let them take us away from the truth of the Bible.

Much love!

Reactions: Azim

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We dont overcome as Jesus overcame... we overcome BECAUSE Jesus overcame.
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. (Revelation 12:11) We overcome Satan this way, Christ overcame Satan on the cross, now it is our turn.... Do You not see this? Plain as day to me

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
epi makes it a salvation issue

You don't know what you are talking about...as per usual..and claiming I say things that are not true. Your one-track mind is unable to see anything beyond what a very superficial reading might get.

Walking in the Spirit is a salvation issue NOW if one wants to be saved from sin. However I have always maintained that the righteous do NOT walk in the Spirit but will inherit the nations. The ones who walk in the Spirit NOW are saints who will rule and reign with Christ over the righteous meek ones (the humble) who will populate the nations in eternity.
stick around you will see

many of us has been talking to epi for years.. He is a tricky one..
You are the trickster...bearing false witness...and outright lying. Fits you.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The bible is not sci-fi.

Your theology is not the bible.
As i told you, about 100 times, so far.

Acts 10:34: Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

Exactly, and that is why your works are just works.....nothing more.
Listen, an unbeliever, can do the same "works' you do.

We dont work our way to heaven.
We are born again, to go.. and have already arrived., as "seated in heavenly places" in Christ.

35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Yes.

But that is not SELF Righteousness, that you are teaching, again and again.
That is "the Gift of Righteousness" that is the "imputed" righteousness., that is found when God receives your FAITH and then GIVES YOU HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS that is the "GIFT of Righteousness".

You dont WORK that......You RECEIVE IT, as that is "Christ's Righteousness".

Hos. 10:12 Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the Lord, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.

Its not a good idea to try to deny the Cross, where God's Righteousness is freely given and found....by misusing an OLD Testament verse that is not connected to the New Covenant that is the Blood Atonement, that is the NT.

I think you are unable to think deeply enough to see more than one thing. A one track mind as it were.

Honestly, you are the last person who needs to be talking about "thinking" as your entire Theology is a total denial of Paul's, and a total insult to the Grace of God.
Now that does not make you stupid, but it does make you Self Righteous, as all your posts and Threads and Videos, prove.

If you did the same thing you would trust in God for His higher walk.

You confuse, as usual the "imputed righteousness" That God provides as The Blood of Jesus, .. with discipleship,.
You dont yet understand even the baby christian principle that Salvation is not Discipleship.
I dont see that changing.

The higher walk...in the higher righteousness. Seek first the kingdom realm

Jesus and God the Father are the Kingdom of God, and as they are IN all the Born again.,. ("Temple of the Holy Spirit"), and this explains that the born again are "one with God".
So, a person can't become more righteous, then to be "in Christ" and "one with God".

The Greek word for I is ego.

You actually dont read or speak K.Greek., fluently, or at all.... or any other type of "greek".
Isn't that true?
So, to try to pretend that you do, on a Public Christian Forum, is not a wise decision.
You dont seem to realize that, yet.

You still have time.

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see." Rev. 3:18

But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. Matt. 25

“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.” Matt. 13:44

Not everybody will be able to read the above verses...if you can then you have not been blinded. Notice who is saying to buy from Him? Am I a legalist for believing Jesus? For speaking or writing His words? IS Jesus the legalist? Or is it an affliction of the blind to be a legalist and then call others such?

That was a good answer!

It's not about salvation though, this is in the rewards catagory where things can be bought sold and traded for in the Kingdom of God...!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If He does I disagree with him.... It is a rewards thing. What we build on that foundation will be judged with fire, whether hay or wood and stubble which burn or Gold silver and precious stones which do not burn ....."If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire." (1 Corinthians 3:15)
Don't listen to this divider of the brethren. He has always corrupted the faith.

The higher walk is unto glory...not just salvation...although the higher walk is salvation FROM sin.

But God is merciful and will allow many into His kingdom to be ruled over by the saints. For this I am called an "inclusivist."

So one accuses me of being an elitist and another says I allow more to be saved than is permissible. So they have no idea what I say...what Jesus said, what Paul said......etc etc...

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Yes, that is the Great Trib.

Currently, we are in the "time of the Gentiles' and we are accepted by God, based on the Gospel of the Grace of God.

1.) our "faith is counted by God as (Christ's) Righteousness""

2.) "justification by Faith".

You should find out what that is, ... @David H.

See the Apostle Paul for the update.
Or, just start here., if you own a NT.

Romans 3:21-28

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That was a good answer!

It's not about salvation though, this is in the rewards catagory where things can be bought sold and traded for in the Kingdom of God...!
It's about our eternal position In the salvation of God. There's a difference between what we do now and a future inheritance.

Many here claim to have God's personal righteousness. This will bring a heavy judgment if not true. Such will be rejected into outer darkness.

Some will penetrate into the kingdom realm...the saints. Some will remain humble and not claim anything...these are the righteous of the nations. We don't hear from them so much in these discussions because they are meek...and apparently will inherit the Earth. ;)

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't listen to this divider of the brethren. He has always corrupted the faith.

The higher walk is unto glory...not just salvation...although the higher walk is salvation FROM sin.

But God is merciful and will allow many into His kingdom to be ruled over by the saints. For this I am called an "inclusivist."

So one accuses me of being an elitist and another says I allow more to be saved than is permissible. So they have no idea what I say...what Jesus said, what Paul said......etc etc...
Like I said, I don't see this in you.... I Believe the passage in 1 Corinthians 3:15 speaks for itself. Some would rather build with hay and stubble, Others with Gold and precious stones.... fire is coming to burn those things up, some will stand others will be humiliated.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Many here claim to have God's personal righteousness. This will bring a heavy judgment if not true. Such will be rejected into outer darkness.

If you dont have God's Righteousness, then your sin is still yet to be forgiven.

You might want to find out why Jesus died on the Cross for your sin, as you seem to not understand this, regarding what happens when He does....

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Exactly, this is what I mean by I don't see this in what Episkopos is saying.
You have been second-guessed by the crows. :) I teach a balance between holiness and righteousness....that VERY FEW do. Most will tilt from one human-inspired extreme to the other.

The training of a saint is to walk in Zion and go in and out of the Spirit to be trained at that level of righteousness. As the Bride of Christ.

To be a guest and simply inherit a place in the eternal nations one must be meek, humble, not judging others and be willing to serve the brethren. (Inasmuch as you did it to the least of these my brethren)

Simple enough

All the pretenders will be cast into outer darkness where there will be weeping and anger (you can see the anger coming...)

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you dont have God's Righteousness, then your sin is still yet to be forgiven.

False. God gives grace to the humble. You are proud. God will have mercy on those who have mercy..and whoever He wants to. You are a legalist.
You might want to find out why Jesus died on the Cross for your sin, as you seem to not understand this, regarding what happens when He does....
You are stuck in baby mode. Jesus died for the sins of the whole world. All the naming and claiming in the world will only separate you from God...not bring you closer. You should be honest about your true condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.