Is there a higher walk for believers in Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 2:11
For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Hebrews 10:14
For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.

We are positional sanctified in Christ. Perfected forever, set apart

We are conditionally being sanctified every day..

Thats why scripture says we are sanctified. but also asays we are being sanctified
My Bible says who are sanctified. It does not say being sanctified.

11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That ARE sanctified. Correct. There is no process of sanctification. There is no mixture in holiness. Either one is holy or not. A little leaven leavens the whole batch.

I don't know why this is never understood. Perhaps because so few have ever experienced holiness.

Holiness is about location, location, location. We partake of HIS holiness IN Him.

That is the only way. This should be understood by now.
I'm starting to get a feeling from being just on this site a lot that the folks here believe mostly what the Catholics have taught them. That they are sinners and therefore never good enough and always trying to improve themselves fighting with their sin nature that they don't have as they walk in their flesh and call it Christian.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There cannot be a verse anywhere that says Jesus is God and therefore which ever one that you think says that has to be wrong either in the translation or your understanding. There cannot be such a verse because Jesus was born a man.
It sounds like you are saying, whatever place in the Bible you think teaches us that Jesus is God Himself just cannot mean that because it's just not true.

Yes, Jesus was born a man, there is no argument there. Just the same,

Philippians 2:5-11 KJV
5) Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6) Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7) But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8) And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9) Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11) And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

He took on Him the form of a servant. What about before He took on that form? What form was He in?

He humbled Himself. Before that? Was He proud? Or transcendent?

He became obedient. And before that? Was He disobedient? Or sovereign?

At the Name of Whom shall every knee bow?

Isaiah 45:20-23 KJV
20) Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save.
21) Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
22) Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
23) I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Acts 4:11-12 KJV
11) This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12) Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Much love!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sounds like you are saying, whatever place in the Bible you think teaches us that Jesus is God Himself just cannot mean that because it's just not true.

Yes, Jesus was born a man, there is no argument there. Just the same,

Philippians 2:5-11 KJV
5) Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6) Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7) But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8) And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9) Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11) And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

He took on Him the form of a servant. What about before He took on that form? What form was He in?

He humbled Himself. Before that? Was He proud? Or transcendent?

He became obedient. And before that? Was He disobedient? Or sovereign?

At the Name of Whom shall every knee bow?

Isaiah 45:20-23 KJV
20) Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save.
21) Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
22) Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
23) I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Acts 4:11-12 KJV
11) This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12) Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Much love!
There is no verse anywhere that says God humbled Himself or let anyone spit on Him or beat Him up. Nowhere.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What does this mean Epi?

2 Thessalonians 2:13

13 But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.
The Holy Spirit sanctifies people because the Spirit is...wait for......Holy!

The problem arises for people who think the Holy Spirit is only partially holy...or else the Holy Spirit is happy to live with sin...so they can claim to have the Holy Spirit in a partial way....or have a partially Holy Spirit.

Once a person is indoctrinated into a sinful holiness scheme, the bible is NOT understood as it should be. People see sin everywhere because that's where they're coming from.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Holy Spirit sanctifies people because the Spirit is...wait for......Holy!

The problem arises for people who think the Holy Spirit is only partially holy...or else the Holy Spirit is happy to live with sin...so they can claim to have the Holy Spirit in a partial way....or have a partially Holy Spirit.

Once a person is indoctrinated into a sinful holiness scheme, the bible is NOT understood as it should be. People see sin everywhere because that's where they're coming from.
Ok, thanks for explaining @Episkopos .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I also understand what you are saying here, thanks again Epi.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
There is no verse anywhere that says God humbled Himself or let anyone spit on Him or beat Him up. Nowhere.
Ah Hullo,

Let the Prophets speak:

Isa 53:1-12 Who has believed our message? And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed? (2) He grew up before Him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no stately form or majesty to attract us, no beauty that we should desire Him. (3) He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, acquainted with grief. Like one from whom men hide their faces, He was despised, and we esteemed Him not. (4) Surely He took on our infirmities and carried our sorrows; yet we considered Him stricken by God, struck down and afflicted. (5) But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed. (6) We all like sheep have gone astray, each one has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid upon Him the iniquity of us all. (7) He was oppressed and afflicted, yet He did not open His mouth. He was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so He did not open His mouth. (8) By oppression and judgment He was taken away, and who can recount His descendants? For He was cut off from the land of the living; He was stricken for the transgression of My people. (9) He was assigned a grave with the wicked, and with a rich man in His death, although He had done no violence, nor was any deceit in His mouth. (10) Yet it was the LORD’s will to crush Him and to cause Him to suffer; and when His soul is made a guilt offering, He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days, and the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand. (11) After the anguish of His soul, He will see the light of life and be satisfied. By His knowledge My righteous Servant will justify many, and He will bear their iniquities. (12) Therefore I will allot Him a portion with the great, and He will divide the spoils with the strong, because He has poured out His life unto death, and He was numbered with the transgressors. Yet He bore the sin of many and made intercession for the transgressors.

Reactions: David H.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hebrews 2:11
For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Hebrews 10:14
For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.

We are positional sanctified in Christ. Perfected forever, set apart

We are conditionally being sanctified every day..

Thats why scripture says we are sanctified. but also asays we are being sanctified
As false as can be. The Holy Spirit is not progressively holy. The Spirit of God is holy. This might be a brain strain to some.

And you are adding words to the bible...just like Luther did. There is no such thing as a "positional' (ie false) holiness.

That's Gnosticism. Bono sang a lyric that said " I don't believe in the gun that just went off in my hand."

Religious fictions and fables abound in these perilous times just like the bible said.

To be a part of that is not a good thing. Instead, repent from evil and turn to God for His cleansing.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As false as can be. The Holy Spirit is not progressively holy. The Spirit of God is holy. This might be a brain strain to some.
Yes, 100% agree.

I also was sceptical of what was said here, I can’t find “ positional “ in the Bible is it there as I can’t find it? and what does “ positional “ mean? I’m asking @Eternally Grateful this question @Episkopos

And you are adding words to the bible...just like Luther did. There is no such thing as a "positional' (ie false) holiness.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah Hullo,

Let the Prophets speak:

Isa 53:1-12 Who has believed our message? And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed? (2) He grew up before Him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no stately form or majesty to attract us, no beauty that we should desire Him. (3) He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, acquainted with grief. Like one from whom men hide their faces, He was despised, and we esteemed Him not. (4) Surely He took on our infirmities and carried our sorrows; yet we considered Him stricken by God, struck down and afflicted. (5) But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed. (6) We all like sheep have gone astray, each one has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid upon Him the iniquity of us all. (7) He was oppressed and afflicted, yet He did not open His mouth. He was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so He did not open His mouth. (8) By oppression and judgment He was taken away, and who can recount His descendants? For He was cut off from the land of the living; He was stricken for the transgression of My people. (9) He was assigned a grave with the wicked, and with a rich man in His death, although He had done no violence, nor was any deceit in His mouth. (10) Yet it was the LORD’s will to crush Him and to cause Him to suffer; and when His soul is made a guilt offering, He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days, and the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand. (11) After the anguish of His soul, He will see the light of life and be satisfied. By His knowledge My righteous Servant will justify many, and He will bear their iniquities. (12) Therefore I will allot Him a portion with the great, and He will divide the spoils with the strong, because He has poured out His life unto death, and He was numbered with the transgressors. Yet He bore the sin of many and made intercession for the transgressors.
Your Isa 53:1-12 is referring to Jesus. And so my statement still stands that there is no verse anywhere that says God humbled Himself or let anyone spit on Him or beat Him up. Nowhere.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your Isa 53:1-12 is referring to Jesus. And so my statement still stands that there is no verse anywhere that says God humbled Himself or let anyone spit on Him or beat Him up. Nowhere.
But there are plenty that say Jesus is God. Peter isn't that good enough?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But there are plenty that say Jesus is God. Peter isn't that good enough?
Not even one that holds any water. I proved that on this site and when nobody could beat me with Scripture was when they ran to the site owners and asked to have me removed.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not even one that holds any water. I proved that on this site and when nobody could beat me with Scripture was when they ran to the site owners and asked to have me removed.
Really? I didn't know about that. Let me ask you how you picture Jesus in your mind, and how you see the Father? Do you see the Father as your Savior, or Jesus? Do you believe they both exist? Is Jesus more than a human being?

Last edited:

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who was Jesus then , if he wasn’t God in the flesh?
I don't teach much about who Jesus was. I focus on who he became when God made him both Lord and Christ when He raised him out from among the dead. God highly exalted the living Christ by raising him in rank, power, and character. The Father gave him a name that is above every other name when He made him both Lord and Christ, making it available for him to function as the head of the church that you and I now belong to. God, who is almighty in heaven and on the earth, has given Christ the absolute rule, authority, and power and has set him over the works of the Church of God, making him the head of the body of Christ that is functioning within this our Grace administration.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? I didn't know about that. Let me ask you how you picture Jesus in your mind, and how you see the Father? Do you see the Father as your Savior, or Jesus? Do you believe they both exist? Is Jesus more than a human being?
I don't teach much about who Jesus was. I focus on who he became when God made him both Lord and Christ when He raised him out from among the dead. God highly exalted the living Christ by raising him in rank, power, and character. The Father gave him a name that is above every other name when He made him both Lord and Christ, making it available for him to function as the head of the church that you and I now belong to. God, who is almighty in heaven and on the earth, has given Christ the absolute rule, authority, and power and has set him over the works of the Church of God, making him the head of the body of Christ that is functioning within this our Grace administration.

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
1706235653344.png

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say that makes you a Christian. I remember growing up in the SDA denomination and believing in the Trinity and believing that Jesus gave up his divinity to be able to die for us. IOW I did not believe that Jesus was God. And even when I was born again and filled with the Spirit I still believed that in heaven Jesus was still human. Knowing now that God accepted me and gave me tons of gifts and even a "wonder" I didn't have to believe that Jesus was God to be accepted by God. So if you will please call me sis, I'll call you bro.

It was years after being born again that I read Titus 2:13 and wrote in my Bible JESUS IS GOD. But if your New World Bible writes it differently, and you never believe that Jesus is God, I for one accept you as a fellow Christian, and I KNOW that God does. :waves:

Status
Not open for further replies.